Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star). See all 121 reviews
on March 16, 2015
Truly boring. My favorite stars Mitchum and Winters are wasted in this one. Both of them seem to dream-walk throughout. Criterion version for this? Why?
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2010
First, let me state this review is directed at the physical product offered and not the incredible film itself; which is covered in length by hundreds of reviews here on Amazon.
The product details make this release sound fabulous and based on the reputation of Criterion Collection, I have no doubt at all concerning the quality and depth of the product offered. I for one own more than 150 Criterion Collection releases including a great number of the box sets available. Unfortunately, I will not be adding The Night of the Hunter to my collection because I cannot justify the $50 price tag for a single film. Additionally, I do not wish to give Criterion Collection the impression that I am willing to that price for future releases. If this DVD sells well, we set precedence and will therefore encourage Criterion Collection to continue releasing films for that price. I just hope there is something which I am unaware of concerning this release that justifies the need to charge this exorbitant price for a single film.
1515 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse