Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Moon In My Room (Night Light Books (Penton Overseas))
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

on February 24, 2013
The text in the book is great.My grandchildren all love it, but of the 4 books I have ordered over the years only one moon actually lit up when I recieved it. The last one I ordered (and it will be the last one) didn't work and I had to buy 4 new batteries that cost $24 dollars for a $10 book. Never again.
on August 21, 2006
We also had a book that quit working after about a week...we replaced the FOUR batteries, only to find it was the book, not the batteries that needed to be replaced. I contacted the publisher, and we were sent a free replacement. We didn't even have to pay for shipping...customer service such as this is a rare find these days. The new book works perfectly so far. My son loves to read this every night before he goes to bed.
on July 6, 2015
The booked arrived with no batteries or the door that goes on the compartment! I ordered this book because the one I had for my grandson was wearing out. I wish they would have said the battery compartment door was missing I would not have gotten it.
on November 2, 2009
I bought this book quite a long time ago for my (then) two-year-old because of developing fears of the dark. When it arrived, the batteries were not only dead, but leaking into the compartment. So, of course, the "moon" did not work.

I immediately looked for more batteries, but found them to cost as much as the book itself. I boxed it back up with the intention of sending it back to Amazon, but never got around to it. (I have four children.) Recently, I re-opened the book and gave it to my (now) three-year-old, but she's not interested.

Guess I will just buy the batteries and try it with my one-year-old. I just hope it works because of the leaking batteries. Make sure you check the batteries when you get this item!!!
on June 15, 2014
Recevied a different book from what I had ordered for my 2 years old son. They instead sent me a completely different book for like 5 years old kids. I don't even have time to return this $4 book by mailing it back. It is very frustrating to see this sort of problems happen, stealing customer's money and time.
on August 24, 2008
My son received this book as a gift. When the batteries died rather quickly, I replaced them. It takes four of the expensive little button batteries. The replacement batteries I put in didn't seem to last long either. I contacted the company who makes it, and they kindly sent me a replacement. Sadly, the second book didn't work any better than the first. I think the story and concept of the book are very cute. However, it is not fun for a four year old to know that it is supposed to light up but doesn't. I would not buy this product!
on August 16, 2008
I too have had this light quit on me several times. The first time I got a free replacement from the company. This time I think I'm just going to look for another book with a similar feature (perhaps by a different publisher?) My 3 1/2 yr old daughter does love the friendly moon face and gentle story, I just hate when it stops working and she's disappointed! If it was a longer lasting product I'd give it 5 stars, as it really helps keep my daughter feeling safer at night. Re: the review about the story being an ad for the book itself, that's kind of true! And I also thought about the mirror in the mirror type weird experience. But in a way I don't mind that it's selling itself, because in a way I was trying to sell it to my daughter as a sleep aid too.

Anyway, those who have bought this and had no problems with the light, you're very lucky!!
on October 24, 2007
We read this book to our 7 month old every night and he loves it. He could be in the worst of moods but once I push the moons face and start the story he immediately calms down and starts smiling. We have been reading this book to him since he was 1 month old. He loves the book and he loves looking at the light that the moons face gives off.

Problems to Note:

This is actually the second time buying this book because the first book broke within 3 months. The lights timer stopped working and, while reading the book, the moons face had to be held the entire time. Hopefully this second book will last longer than the first. If not, I will probably change my review from a four to something lower. If it weren't for this problem I would definitely have given this book a 5 star rating.
on March 18, 2008
I have had this book now for 8 months and have never had a problem with it. I have been reading it to my son for the past 8 months every day since he was born. Now that he is 8 month, he is really rough with the book. He throws it, bashs it, chews it and everything else he can possibly do to it. It sure does take a lickin and keeps on ticken. The moon still lights up everytime, even on the 10th time for the night we read it. I actually have the book memorized and pretend I am reading it while he plays with the moon and hole in the pages. He loves this book and I am sure it will be around for awhile for him. And if it ever does get too rugged, I will buy another one right away and replace his.
on September 28, 2007
Like others have said, the batteries in this lasted for just a couple of days before the light didn't work. I contacted the company and the customer service was great. I received a reply that day and was sent two sets of batteries. However, they didn't last more than a couple of days either. I contacted customer service once again and they will be sending a replacement book, but I was chastised for letting my daughter play with it during the day. I guess I should have told them that she only plays with it at night and doesn't carry it around with her in the daylight! Good grief. The book itself isn't that great, but the moon feature makes it special...when it works!