Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Night Sky® Star Wheel
Format: Misc. Supplies|Change

on June 29, 2011
This version is a very basic star wheel and reasonably well constructed. It does not include a reference list for the planets. Planets "change" position so there is usually a table printed on the reverse of the planet and its associated constellation within a certain period. The wheel does provide a URL address for this current information, but it is incorrect (try: [...] instead). There are pros and cons to having this information on the wheel itself. I believe there are two or three other wheels that cost only a little more that are a bit more detailed. This may be a good one to start with especially with young children nearby.
on August 25, 2017
Spin the wheel to your time and date and that's what stars are out. I keep one on my mantle and give it a little turn every night so I always know what to look for on clear nights.
review image
on October 18, 2017
Wheel will not spin....looks as if the rivet was clamped down too hard and you have no movement on the star wheel...USELESS !!!
on March 20, 2013
This is pretty cool because it lets you know where the stars are based on the date and time. I love to star gaze - now I know what I'm gazing at.
on March 18, 2015
VERY handy chart for night sky for those of us who like to stare at the stars. Works any night of the year - but bring your red-lens flashlight with you.
on August 19, 2017
Perfect gift for grandkids
on October 13, 2011
I have just begun my journey to amateur astronomy several months ago and just decided to buy this chart add in my experience and discovery of the night sky. I have found this chart to be very useful and reliable during my observing times. The back of the chart has an explanation on how to use it, if you are like me and never used this type of star chart. I enjoy the fact that this chart is not cluttered like others I have seen. This chart contains only the brighter stars and constellations to help ease the beginner into the hobby.
on March 4, 2011
A little confusing at first sgiht, this star wheel is actually very simple and shows a lot of the major and well-known constellations. Very nice for high school astronomy students.
on January 11, 2015
Not what I thought I was paying for. I was expecting a larger, laminated or plastic sky wheel that could be used outside. What I got, was very small and made of cardboard. Hard to see & won't last with any use. Disappoining.
on September 23, 2014
Was so glad to find this! Had one in Jr. High and never dreamed they were still made. I like it better than iPad/iPhone app as the light from the device hinders star gazing. This is one item that is better than it's computerized counterpart.