The Night Stalker: The Disturbing Life and Chilling Crimes of Richard Ramirez Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 644 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
A veteran voice artist, Tom Zingarelli has produced and narrated many audiobooks in the last several years. He has also recorded books for the Connecticut State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped. His voice was featured on the popular PBS children's television program Between the Lions. --This text refers to an alternate kindle_edition edition.
- File size : 2025 KB
- Publication date : August 30, 2016
- Print length : 644 pages
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Publisher : Citadel Press; Illustrated edition (August 30, 2016)
- ASIN : B01KRUMUD2
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- Language: : English
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #47,493 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The story comes at you from all angles, the victims, the killer and, the detectives who sought the bloodthirsty Ramirez for months. For true crime buffs, it's an excellent offering and one which now, that it's in my library, will be listened to again.
Philip Carlo most certainly did his research on Richard Ramirez from birth - including his family, the ones affected by his evil deeds and the ones who were also involved in the case. I was pleasantly surprised by just how thorough this book was. I'd rate the book 4 and a half stars if I could, simply because of overlooked grammatic errors.
I find it shameful that Richard Ramirez wasted his good looks by taking a life of crime and hurting many people. He could've made an otherwise normal, SANE person very happy.
The book is superb! From learning about what could have possibly set this into motion within Ramirez's youth and learning how "normal" and well-versed he could also be is just another facet of why he was so bone-chilling and terrifying. Phillip Carlo did an excellent job on the research, on the writing, on the many things that make this book such an excellent account of the Night Stalker crimes. It quickly has become top-brass to me & ranks right up there with the best: Ann Rule, Truman Capote, Vincent Bugliosi. Fascinating read!
Probably the most interesting - and somewhat disturbing part of the book is the interviews with Ramirez after he was convicted of 19 murders and sentenced to death 19 times. At no time does he show any remorse, but he does talk about how the serial killer has no remorse, no feeling for anyone else and no guilt over what he does.
Worth reading? I guess if you're into serial killer books it is, but I think I'll skip that genre for a while. This one was enough. I'm at 99% read as of last night. I guess I'll read the remaining 1% but I think it will be a chore.