Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Night Train
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.49

on October 18, 2012
After 4 MEDIOCRE albums Aldean finally has a complete work. That's what I hear and its obvious-I have never been a big fan of Aldean's style or material so I listened to this album not expecting much. Oh was I wrong. One listen through this album and I was blown away and after 50 listens, nothing has changed. I'm HIGHLY selective and critical of most musicians-you need to do something special to impress me and Aldean as done that with this record. I'd read critics reviews of Aldean's prior albums and they would say things like "the new gold standard of doing albums without filler" and would listen to said albums and go "really?...o-kay".

This album is musically brilliant: the hooks, the production and mixing, the unapologetic nods to classic rock and southern rock (and yes even some hip hop) are refreshing-whether people like it or not THIS is the future of country music. If country wants to be successful and not fade into obscurity in the larger music scene as had happened before that Garth guy and his contemporaries gave the genre new life, this is where it needs to head. This album is really long and there isn't really one bad track on it...and I'd rather have 15 really good to very very good tracks than 2 outstanding tracks and 10 okay tracks-but that's just me. I read one article that said they went through 5,000 songs to get to these 15 and it shows.

I simply do not get what others are hearing when they write 3 star reviews much less 2 and 1 star reviews. Maybe in the age of total **** Apple earbuds and "mastered for iTunes" compression people can't experience truly great production and musicianship? I listen to my music pretty much lossless with on LOD off a highly modified iPod through an amp and into Audio Technica studio headphones or Ultimate Ear Triple Fi's and the guitars coming off one channel and steel off the other, the soundstage and "imaging" of this album are among the best I've heard in years.

Music is often a matter of taste and I think everyone listens to music and hears different things-for me I hear one of the better country albums, one of the best albums PERIOD, in the last 10 years. I have to tip my hat to Aldean for taking a risk with this record and I hope it pays off with sales because such risks need to be rewarded. Whether that happens remains to be seen, but what I know right now is Jason Aldean as a new fan.
on December 11, 2012
Since I have purchased a lot of music over the years, it took a while to pick up this album. I usually buy more than one album from the same country, rock and other artistical music genres, slowly adding new ones as I go. I saw Jason nominated a lot, heard small sound bites and a few of his complete songs on the various Country Award specials, since I do not listen to talkative, over-commercialized radio. Jason's country tunes do not disappoint!! On his album "Night Train" he performs a great blend of country moods and creates an energetic atmosphere (happy, sad, party) that makes the same old drive to work more great-sound filled, as well as providing more music available for basement drum practice. If you love Country Music, this is one for your collection!!
on July 22, 2014
This was an excellent CD. Of course night train is my favorite song on the Cd. Wheels rollin' comes in a close second. Talks about life on the road. I like black tears also. There is nothing like country music to tell a story.
on October 20, 2012
Jason Aldean is getting used to the view from the top. "My Kinda Party" spawned five Top Ten singles and is in its 102nd week on the Billboard charts. Driven by rocking country coupled with rap and a power ballad, that album seemed to rise to the top of the charts organically, With his fifth release, "Night Train," he seems to be taking dead aim at the summit.
Aldean is at his best as a studly outlaw, but the majority of the material on "Night Train" is clichéd and watered down. Song themes are universally relatable and very basic, ranging from the virtues of hard work to the role of females in keeping men on track.
Noticeably lacking is the use of traditional country instrumentation, although there is some nice heavy guitar work on Take A Little Ride and impressive wah wah pedal on Staring at the Sun.
The infectious rap of Dirt Road Anthem is resurrected on 1994. Aldean was worried that the song might alienate his younger fan base because of its Joe Diffie references. He said, "There may be some younger fans that have to do some research and figure out who Joe Diffie is.
The demographic in question will likely not have a problem recognizing the virtual clone of Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive in the form of Wheels Rollin' here. Aldean takes a desperately needed chance on the album's highlight, Black Tears, a stripper ballad where drugs and mama's disapproval are openly referenced. The album's simple themes attempt to keep it country, but it is a far cry from the excellence of the more traditional sound of "My Kinda Party."
55 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2013
Country music - the american music! If you like country you need to have jason aldean CDs in your collection. Like him or not he's one of the most defining country music stars right now. I don't care for a lot of the filler songs, and only the jason aldean fans will but that's the way with any CD. Take a little ride is the large song on this album no matter how you get that song, you need to have it in your collection.
on January 4, 2014
It is easy to fall into the trap of saying "there is not good country music on the radio". However, that just is not true. Jason Aldean delivers with this set of music, and there are more really great songs on this album than should be expected.
on March 10, 2014
Bought the Jason Aldean CD for my husband as he is a huge fan and does a lot of driving on the road each week. My husband loves this cd and loves that there are quite a few songs that he is familiar with. Great overall CD!
on January 8, 2014
I've liked Jason ever since he appeared on the country music scene, and took to the song Night Train when they played it on my local station, NASHFM. My library had the CD so I took it out and ended up purchasing it (which I knew I was going to, anyway!!)
on February 8, 2014
Took a few listens to like it. Now it's my favorite. I really didn't know much about Aldean when I bought it. Since then, he has become my favorite. I even saw him in concert because I love this CD so much, with the exception of Black Tears.
on June 4, 2013
I didn't have high expectations when I chose this CD but for the price I thought I couldn't go wrong.But to my surprise this CD had some good stuff I hadn't heard from Jason. I wasn't a big fan of his but I liked three or four songs of his so I tried this CD and was pleasantly surprised. Good stuff!