BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 26, 2011
I looked at several other cameras out there. I picked this one because of its size and price. I was hesitant because this product didnt have any reviews. Im here to say that this little camera is excellent!!! (for the price). Its NTSC full color and works great on my Jeep. It comes with two stainless steel screws and about 6 feet of Video RCA cable (you should consider buying another 6 feet in most applications).

I have had it installed for a few weeks now and its just great (waaaaay better then my friends OEM camera and waaaay better then the license plate camera). The IR can be a little tricky in the early evening because it switches back and fourth a bit depending on the ambient light. Other then that just GREAT!
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2016
It works. I'll say that. Picture is real fuzzy, not sure if it's a bum camera or not. For the price I'm not gonna fuss, but I bought this one also and the image on this other one is amazing in comparison and it comes with the cover! QuickFitLED Reverse Camera Waterproof Backup Car Rearview High Definition Color Wide Viewing Angle 18 Infrared Night Vision LEDs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IID2H8S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_HKc.xbCQ5J8N9
on November 25, 2012
When buying a camera for outdoor use you should always seal it with clear silicone before installing it. never assume that the waterproofing is adaquate. I bought this camera to mount under the sleeper of my 2010 International Prostar semi tractor to cover the right side where there is a huge blind spot. I used bolts & galvanized steel straps to make a bracket to lower the camera to peek under the side skirt & angled the camera slightly to the rear. it being wide angled, it is possible to aim it to cover the right side from the rear of the fuel tank to the drive axles. I ran the wire into the cab through a factory access hole in the sidebox floor & running the wires through the rubber hole plug filling it in & sealing it with clear silicone. ran the wires under the wall upolstery up to the cabinet trim & then ran it under the trim to the C.B. radio cabinet above the center of the wind shield. hooked the power into the C.B. power as the C.B. doesn't draw anywhere near what the circuit can handle. modified the monitor so that I could hang it from the C.B. cabinet.
review image
on June 25, 2013
I installed this product on two Sprinter vans 11/2012. For my installation I located it on the rear break light [Siliconed] The Sprinter Vans have a little plastic grommet to pass through wires up to the roof. [Seal w/Silicone] the wiring that came with it was long enough to reach the head board over the dash. [I mounted display on headboard].
Camera's have worked great. In 5/2013 one of them is full of water, this could have been damaged by tree branches whipping it-so I'm ordering a new one. I like this product for the price.
The IR illuminators for night really no benefit. Just makes glare on the display. My backup lights come on, and it seems ok.
It does seem to have a parabolic lense. It's a great help covering blind spots. I will being experimenting on installing on my trailer in the near future. Just need to figure out a weather proof connection between truck/trailer. Then connect to Video 2 on display.
on October 11, 2017
Because of previous reviews, I had decided to silicone the entire camera shut to prevent water from getting in. The nighttime quality is amazing and you can see very well from it. It has no delay and refreshes the video rather quickly. No lagging and no disruptions. Its been about two years with the same camera and it still functions like it did in day one.
on December 22, 2011
This is the second back-up camera I've owned.

The first being the round barrel type which requires drilling a 1 inch hole.

The picture on this is VERY clear and has fantastic color in decent lighting and night time it switches to black and white automatically with a VERY sharp and well lit picture.

I fabricated an "L" bracket to mount between the liscense plate mounting screws and mounted the camera to that bracket. This location provides a great view.

At night, a car following can light up your display in a blinding way. I installed a recording device and wired the power through a switch so I can display the camera view when I want with the press of a button instead of the reccomended reverse powered method.

I have driven through a good bit of rain with this so far and am impressed with this little gem and this is the reason for me taking time to write a review of this camera.
on October 14, 2016
Image is grainy from the start, builds up condensation very quickly, and after about three months it no longer works at all. I would definitely recommend not using this unless you want to have it enclosed somehow to keep dirt/moisture completely away from it. I even sealed it with some clear silicone when I first got it, but it still wound up getting ruined fairly quickly. Also, the "night vision" mode LEDs in it are a little too much infrared light in pitch black, it just makes all the ground nearby you super bright and anything farther out than a half a foot or so is washed out so you can't see it. Hard to back up to a trailer at night that way.
on March 14, 2017
I bought this to connect to an after market car stereo I was installing. It gives a great picture and it doesn't look cheap and flimsy like so many of the cameras you see installed. This gave the vehicle a factory finish look.
on September 3, 2015
Excellent camera it was easy to install nice crystal clear picture the guidelines on it are a nice bonus too...though it's water proof I don't recommend taking your car to those drive thru car washes since the water pressure is so high it does get inside the lense ...it does dry out after a few days ...doesn't get wet when it's raining out those overall it's a awesome camera for the low price
on June 3, 2013
I actually bought this because I needed a very wide-angle security camera for a tight space. This camera works well in a 90° corner and covers a wide field of view. Simple power supply and video cable was easy to hook up, and the security system (which takes standard NTSC video, just like a VCR) likes it just fine. The light sensitivity is good and it doesn't "white-out" in difficult lighting situations (extreme bright light and shadows) like some of my other cameras.

On the downside, the image is reversed for vehicle back-up use and cannot be made "normal". So you'll have to think backwards if using this camera for video surveillance and other "normal" camera views. The only other annoying feature is the built-in grid image, which is super-imposed over the video image and shows your projected vehicle path. This also cannot be turned off, but is fortunately not too bold in the image, and not much of hindrance.

I did notice that a few times during power-up that the camera DID provide a "normal" (not reversed) image without the super-imposed grid, but this was rare and seemed to happen only if the power was switched on and off several times quickly, possibly confusing the internal electronics on that particular power-up. On subsequent power-ups the image was back to the reversed image with the grid.

Overall this is a good buy for under $20 if used for its intended purpose...