Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,568 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,878 reviews
on April 27, 2016
This review is not really on the band itself, they appear VERY talented; IMO they need a new recording studio and possibly record label.

I purchased this as I had loved the partial album Continued Silence. The partial album I figured part of the distortion was the lossy format of iTunes, and the latter I thought was intentional, that in mind I thought it was OK. I can listen fine on lower quality equipment and enjoy that album fine. Very talented group.

I bought this as CD to get a better quality recording. I was wrong, this does not even sound good in crappy ear buds, nor $1k+ stereo.

Since it seems the recording studio and/or record label is to blame here, I am going to keep a lookout on that.
on December 5, 2016
I love the music but the record has come scratched twice. If it was my record player I would say ok, but it's not because it's scratched in the same exact spots. Must me a manufatoring problem.
on January 28, 2017
Maybe I'm just not as sensitive to it, but I have no idea what the other reviewers are saying when they say it sounds muffled or fuzzy or various other adjectives to denote poor audio quality. I love this album, and I'm so glad I could get all of the songs on one disc. Definitely buy this version over any others. The only problem I encountered was a crack on the back of the case. This was easily remedied by taking the case apart and replacing the back. Overall, great music with real meaning behind the words, and no fuzziness that I noted.
on June 23, 2017
I really enjoy this album. Before listening to it, the only song I had really heard from Imagine Dragons was Radioactive, which I really enjoyed. After listening to this album however though, the band reminds me a lot of the band Keane in their sound, which is one of my favorite bands. I really enjoy their sound and think I will be purchasing more of their stuff in the future.
Ok, "Radioactive" is a post modern classic. There is no doubt about that. It has chilling lyrics and great vocals, as well as a great overall sound with the giant drum. The thing for me is is that the rest of the cd just doesn't grab me and reel me in. It reminds me of the 60's when lps had the hit single/s on them and the rest was filler. This cd affects me the same way, although some of those album cuts by bands like the Dave Clark 5 were as good as the hit singles. That is not the case here. Don't get me wrong, I like this band and am happy I bought the cd, I'm simply saying that it will be interesting to see how their songwriting goes. Will they have staying power or are they a OHW?
on December 11, 2016
Ridiculous. The disc was cracked when I received it
on January 9, 2016
The record skips on both sides and throughout the record. I cant tell you about the sound quality because we weren't able to play any of the songs. We returned the first record for an exchange hoping it was just that one but the replacement also skiped, after that I read some of the reviews and saw that this is a problem.
on November 3, 2012
I bought the vinyl version of this because I'm a hipster like that, and despite this being a fanTASTIC piece of music I was a little disappointed by the LP package. But the music...

"Radioactive" is not a representative track to start the album because it grinds heavier than the rest of the album, but with that said I like it equally to any other track. Apparently the radio hits are "This Time" and "Demons" and I guess I can see why, although really any song on this record is stashed with enough hooks to keep any DJ happy. I myself am more of a 20-minute Rush song kind of guy, so music doesn't really grip me if the lyrics resemble the cringe-worthy pop variety; Imagine Dragons does pass my test with a solid B. While I may never know the exact circumstances behind the songs, I can at least emotionally get behind some of the words in tunes like "Demons" and "Amsterdam".

People often compare Imagine Dragons to fun. But wait you say, fun is a pop band and ID is a rock band. Yeah, but I would say ID is definitely a hybrid and they're both kinda indie. The important point is that Night Visions will make you want to stop cleaning your room and dance for 45 minutes just as much as Some Nights would. And also honestly I find a lot of the latter record to be kind of depressing and not 'fun' at all.

The title of this review says it all: on the first listen I thought it was a kick-ass record, and even the so called 'filler' songs always left me wanting more - it hold true a dozen listens later. If your curious about the vinyl packaging I mentioned, they stuck two records in a single outer sleeve - no gatefold, no lyrics sheets, and no download card. The artwork is nice and the wax plays true, but not much guts to look at.

Anyway, buy it cus even your mom will like this album and she probably likes Hall & Oates, the Police, and whatever they play in Zumba classes.
on November 6, 2015
Super disappointing: the music editor decided to add cheap sounding distortion to many of the songs and they sound horrible. The digital versions and CD versions all have the same distorted sound; the radio version sounds better and was what I was hoping to find. I hope one day I can find digital versions of the songs on this CD without the cheap sounding distortion. Below I listed the songs where the distortion was most noticeable. You can listen to samples of the mp3 versions on amazon to understand what I mean.

Radioactive
Demons
Bleeding Out
It's Time
On Top of the World
on January 30, 2016
I am a die-hard fan of Imagine Dragons, so when I bought a record player, I immediately ordered Night Visions on vinyl. It is DEFINITELY true that everything sounds better on vinyl. I would have given this product 5 stars, but as I was listening to the vinyl, I could detect a couple of skips in the record, in the songs Hear Me and Bleeding Out. They weren't major skips, but as a person who has memorized every song, I could notice the few words that were cut. Regardless of the skips, I would still recommend buying this album.