Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on January 2, 2014
I remember when I first saw this on YouTube & I have to say, it was totally awesome!
I knew, without a doubt that i had to get this to enjoy at home & I'm so darn glad I did...
The quality of the DVD is just superb!
The songs on the CD are quite good, although it would've been a wee bit nicer if every song from the DVD was added to the CD...
but oh well...it's still awesome nonetheless...

The part that really hit home for me the most, was when Richard spoke about his dad & how hard it was over losing him, as I'm sure he & his dad were very close.
I guess you could say the same thing for my dad & I, even though we didn't see much of each other, but as far as a father/daughter
relationship is concerned, my dad & I were still close. To be perfectly honest, my dad was crazy about me & would think of me always, just as I would him.
But again, what RM had to say is absolutely true for me because I lost my father when I was only 14 yrs old, & its just like when Richard said,
you NEVER get over losing someone close to you, & he was absolutely right, HANDS DOWN!!
As soon as he said it, tears came right out of my eyes, it was very hard for me to control my emotions when it came to that!
But still, the song "Through My Veins" which he dedicated to his father, could resonate with me as well!

But anyways, for the most part, this set is just so awesome & when I got it, I actually ended up watching the DVD quite a few times...
I just can't get enough of it...
Also, just to be honest, besides being such an incredibly talented singer/songwriter, RM is still an AMAZINGLY handsome man at age 50!
Just blows my mind at how he's aged so well...
So, for any fans of RM, if you don't have this in your hands, WOW!
You are totally missing out on this gem! Please get yourself a copy!
You won't regret it at all...
~RM Fan Forever~
on June 24, 2012
This is fantastic! You're front and center to your own live concert with Richard Marx! This is a 10 star CD/DVD combo for a very reasonable price! Marx is singer, songwriter and musician with a great sense of humor. He sings his songs, acousticly and his hard rocking style that we all remember and the ones he's written for other artists, too(example Keith Urban). He also adds stories and commentary with each of the songs which is wonderful. A well balanced playlist. Very pleasing to the ears and eyes. The cameramen were geniuses thru-out this whole show. My hats off to them.
Marx's DVD goes 21 songs and 2 plus hours!! It's crazy good. I highly reccommend purchasing this for youself either you are a top/ultimate Richard Marx fan or just a casual fan who enjoys hearing him on the radio. YOU HAVE TO GET THIS! YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED!
All of his music is wonderful and well thought out and arranged musically and vocally. I purchased a bunch of Marx music from Amazon to fill in my collection of missing gems.
By the Way, when you all get the DVD in your machines watch closely--You will spot Richard's wife Cynthia Rhodes-Marx (now retired singer/actress) and his mom Ruth in the audience.
I pre-ordered my album--the release date was Tuesday, June 19th AND it was on my doorstep 11am June 20th the NEXT day. WOW Great Service from Amazon. Thank you Richard Marx and Amazon for selling such high quality product!!
on June 22, 2012
I had the wonderful opportunity to attend this show and I can't express how amazing it was into words. The music was amazing, the guests were wonderful and Richard Marx is at the peek of his career. If you are looking for some amazing entertainment buy this NOW! The electricity between Richard and his guests was simply spectacular! Matt Scannell was the amazing guitarists and singer as always and Hugh Jackman really proved to be an outstanding entertainer outside the big screen! I expected to pay so much more for this collection, it's a real steal! Buy it today, you will be glad you did!
on August 10, 2012
I bought this dvd out of curiosity and it turned out to be much more than I thought. I only knew Richard Marx from a few of his hits but didn't expect him to be such an outstanding performer! Not only he has a fine voice with skill on guitar and piano, his interaction with his friends and audience made this concert, somewhat, special so unlike some other concerts where the singers didn't really give a damn about their fans who paid to see them. I've yet to see another singer who simply unplug his guitar, walked to the middle of the audience and sang! On top of all that, I now appreciate how incredibly talented this guy is with his singing and song writing skill (for other singers, I must add)

To me, this is definitely one of my most surprising finds and I thoroughly enjoyed it, from start to end. I would highly recommend this dvd to everyone!
on August 9, 2012
I have been waiting for a dvd of Richard Marx playing with a band rather than just in an acoustic setting. This dvd features both settings with the acoustic set in the first half and then Richard rocking out with the band for the last half. Great stuff. As an added bonus there is a CD featuring 10 songs from the show plus 2 bonus tracks.

The cd and dvd both sound fantastic and the dvd runs out at around 2 hours.

There are a number of special guests on the dvd including Sara Niemietz, Matt Scannell, JC Chasez and Hugh Jackman. In my experience special guests don't always work well but in this case they do. Nothing takes away from Richard Marx as the undoubted star of the show even in this company.

If you want a great concert dvd showcasing the talents of a master singer/songwriter this is it.
on June 21, 2012
I LOVE THIS WHOLE CD/DVDCOMBO!
Richard puts on a Fantastic Performence!
Plus all his guests, I Love the Extremely Talented Sara Niemietz on here. She is a force to be reckoned with! I really Love this, and O Highly recommend this!! Buy it Now!!
And i thank Richard for having Sara Niemietz on this! I watch it alot!!
on August 14, 2012
A Night Out with Friends is worth the money. When Richard descends into the crowd to perform a number without the microphone / electronic aid, it re-affirms he is a special talent! The friends are all very complimentary in his music. Hugh Jackman, Sara Niemietz, & Matt Scannell are the top performances on this DVD. Richard re-invents his songs and adds subtle changes to help "re-tell the story". Hazzard and The Letter with Hugh Jackman prove to be worth the album and dvd.
Unlike his prior re-releases which he went to the many accoustic / strings sounds, he compliments many of his songs by Rocking them back up without the dated original Saxophone rifts. (These songs could go mainstream today!)

Keep releasing music Richard!
Richard Marx, a true master at his craft!
on March 11, 2013
I am a fan of Richards Marx and have been since day one. This DVD contains a nice mix of acoustic and band music. All of the hits are here and a few songs I did not expect to hear. The guest artists show up and actually add to the performance. The camera work and sound are both awesome. Richard Marx and band are both spot on. Hugh Jackman surprised me. I did not know he could sing like that (the more operatic piece). The section I like is when Richard Marx performs songs that he has written for other performers. I would recommend and have recommended this to several friends. I do wish that the CD had more than just 12 songs.
on March 5, 2017
great abum
on November 25, 2012
Well first off, Richard is an amazing artist, and with Hugh and JC, Matt & the band and the amazing Sara Neimetz, it was more than fabulous. Richard really "botoxed" some of his older very popular songs and made them even better. and the fact that I am in the DVD several times made it a real "memory maker" for me. Richard is one of those rare artists that actually sounds better as he has gotten older. If you were at this show, you went as a fan, and left feeling like you were at the best party of your life....thus far :)