Other Sellers on Amazon
A Night at the Roxbury
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
FOLLOWS THE HOPELESSLY UNCOOL BUTABI BROTHERS AS THEY TRY TOMAKE THE GUEST LIST AT A HIP HOLLYWOOD NIGHTCLUB.
Expanding their one-joke skit from television's Saturday Night Live, Chris Kattan and Will Ferrell are Doug and Steve Butabi, the wearers of the rayon suits and Speedo trunks who bob their heads in unison to dance music while unsuccessfully preying on women in clubs. What's funny in a three-minute piece doesn't always get funnier by expansion, but Kattan and Ferrell give it a go with fellow SNL member Molly Shannon as their ambitious neighbor. By day they work in their father's fake-plant store. By night they prowl the club scene after spraying on the cologne in their gauchely decorated bedroom. A fender-bender with Richard Grieco (playing himself) gets them into the popular club the Roxbury, but it's not all good news, as the brothers soon find themselves torn apart. Doug and Steve are pathetic but lovable, mostly due to the actors' talents for self-deprecating humor. All gifted comedians, Kattan, Ferrell, and Shannon obviously feel comfortable around each other, and their love triangle (which prompts send-ups of Say Anything and Jerry Maguire) is the funniest joke in this mostly lame comedy. Too bad, because it clocks in at about 80 minutes and could have run on television as a pretty good episode of SNL, which has been known to get a bit lame itself. --Shannon Gee
- Aspect Ratio : 1.85:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- MPAA rating : s_medPG13 PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned)
- Product Dimensions : 7.5 x 5.38 x 0.6 inches; 4 Ounces
- Director : Amy Heckerling, John Fortenberry
- Media Format : Closed-captioned, Color, Dolby, Widescreen, NTSC, Letterboxed
- Run time : 1 hour and 22 minutes
- Release date : April 20, 1999
- Actors : Chris Kattan, Will Ferrell, Raquel Gardner, Viveca Paulin, Paulette Braxton
- Subtitles: : English
- Producers : Amy Heckerling, Erin Fraser, Lorne Michaels
- Language : English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Studio : Paramount Pictures
- ASIN : 6305350191
- Writers : Chris Kattan, Steve Koren, Will Ferrell
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: #118,375 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The story focuses upon Will Ferrell and Christ Kattan being brothers completely lost in a fantasy world where they think they are smart, intelligence and attractive when they’re not. That leads them to a bunch of misadventures. Surprisingly there were a few scenes that made me laugh. The problem was that didn’t happen that often in was is supposed to be a comedy.
The movie is funny, energetic, and will get you in a good mood. Sit back, relax, but don't forget the popcorn.