Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 76 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 86 reviews
on March 13, 2014
I would have given this 5 stars except for the music, which is a few very boring, repetitive songs on loops the entire time. Maybe they chose that so the viewer wouldn't be distracted and could instead focus just on the dance moves, I don't know.

Anyway, the lead instructor is adorable, and gives very good cues. She breaks every move down first by going slowly and explaining it, then breaks it apart even more by focusing on the various body parts involved. Then, they quicken the pace and show it at regular speed. I think they spend just enough time on each move. Some reviewers have complained that they don't break it down enough, or that you need prior experience to learn moves. I disagree. If they spent more time with each move, the video would be way too long! That's the whole point of a video...you can watch it over and over and practice on your own and then watch their explanations again. Don't expect yourself to be perfect at it on the first viewing. Take your time, have fun.

The moves are indeed very sexy. Some, I've seen friends do over the years (like the body roll), and always wondered...how do they DO that!? I thought they were just magically born with the ability. :-) Others, are more on the trampy side, like exotic dancing. I personally may not do them, but still like to know them, as even just incorporating a few seconds of a really sexy move can spice up your night. :-)

This video requires so much lower body strength that even if you're just going through the video slowly, stopping and rewinding to get the moves down, you WILL USE and strengthen your legs. Lots of bending knees squating while rolling and swinging the hips type of stuff. Great core and leg workout, and I thought my legs were already pretty strong.

One other complaint...one of the backup dancers is HORRIBLE. It's distracting. She's not tight with her movements and just overall looks sloppy and trampy. It's one thing to look cute and sexy, it's another to look tacky, cheap, and easy. And I am no prude. But I just try to not focus on her too much and stay focused on the lead girl, who somehow manages to teach sexy dance moves and remain approachable and classy. :-) I feel bad saying that, but honestly, it's so bad that if they make more of these videos, they should remove her. Or somehow get her to tighten up her moves. Maybe they have her there to show all levels, and make the rest of us not feel bad if we look awful at first too? :-/

Overall, definitely recommend, I'm really enjoying this video!
on March 22, 2017
I actually seem to misplace this DVD & can't find it, but back when I first ordered it, for a person who doesn't go to parties, clubs or doesn't dance this was a pretty good startup. I ended up doing activities that I actually enjoy rather than try to blend in into society like all the "cool kids", so this DVD was probably placed in unused box, but I remember when I ordered the movies were decent.
on May 5, 2014
I cannot dance! That said, I purchased this video for a little guidance. While it moved a little fast, I still feel I got my money's worth. I liked the moves, and the presentation was good. My only complaint was that it did go a little fast for a first-time dancer like me.
on February 21, 2014
I am one of those people who does not feel very comfortable dancing unless I am home alone or I have alcohol in me. This dance DVD helped me learn transitions to different dance steps, which I have already had a problem with. The music is horrible but what counts is learning basic moves so you can feel confident dancing out on the town or just having fun at home.
on June 2, 2013
The lack of stars has nothing to do with the seller (arrived on time and in great condition)...having said that, this dvd sucks! You don't really learn any "moves" and the same song is on loop through the whole video. Very annoying! They teach you the same move in a few different ways. It all seems like a warm up and when you're ready to dance, it's over! WTH?!?! Not worth the money. I read the (bad) reviews and I thought I'd try it anyway and form my own opinion...should have listened to them. DON'T DO IT!!!
on June 28, 2017
It's excellent if you want to learn to be the best dancer on the dance floor. Couldn't be better, wish I got it when I was younger. All of the moves look so unattainable, but then they show you how it's so easy. Definitely would recommend!!!
on December 7, 2013
This would've been a really good dvd if it weren't for the videography. This is the first dance instructional video I've seen where much of the video doesn't even show the women's legs! There are too many zoom shots of the girls' butts and upper half. If you don't catch on to dance moves quickly it's especially annoying. "Too often The instructor goes- Ready? Let's do it full out, now. 5-6-7-8 and..." and they start the move, but you can't see their legs until they've already done a few steps of it. There are times when I have no idea what leg the girls are about to start their move in because the camera person is too busy showing us a girl's butt during the move. For one example- The sit and Roll move- when they turn their backs to show you how the move looks from behind they actually start on the opposite leg than they used when they showed you the front side... But you don't realize this until after they've already started doing the move because you don't get to see their leg position! All I could think of trying to follow this dvd is that the camera person was using this job to zoom in on parts HE wanted to see and forgot this was supposed to be a dance instruction video.

If you pick up moves quickly the 1/4 of the time they spend not showing you the full body of the move probably won't bother you so much, but for someone like me it's a real pain. I feel I often have to rewind the move back to a shot where they're actually showing the legs and whole body doing the move so that I can practice it.
on June 29, 2012
This DVD was, hands-down, amazing. As a former dancer and current dance instructor (who also likes to go out on the town every now and then!), This dance series is perfect! They break down the moves so easily and the choreography is pretty universal-- it goes to pretty much ANY song. I recently had a ladies night with some girlfriends (non-dancers) and they loved it too. They picked the moves up easily. This is great for beginning through advanced skills. I just ordered the other dvds in the series and chose to rush my shipping. I can't get enough. This is so fun, inspiring, and... bonus: you get a GREAT WORK OUT -- lots of isometric movement and if you do the whole thing from start to finish it hits all the major opposing muscle groups. If you want to kick it up a notch, do the series in Stilletos. Get excited for killer quads, glutes, obliques, and... best of all... get ready to turn some heads tonight.
on April 14, 2017
It was so bad I threw it away. didn't even return it. needed the satisfaction of seeing it in the garbage can.
on November 14, 2013
Fun for a lark, never thought I'd work out in sandals but it's actually not bad. The dance moves are especially good for toning thighs and your core. I'm way too old to be using the moves at a club but it's fun for an alternate workout.