Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Nightmares & Dreamscapes
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on October 17, 2017
LOVE THE SHORT STORIES!!!
on October 6, 2017
Love It !!
on October 4, 2017
This is a fairly typical early Stephen King collection: a few stories are great, most are simply good, and a couple are pretty bad. On the upper end of that scale we have Dolan's Cadillac, which is a King take on The Cask of Amontillado, wherein a man gets revenge on his wife's killer by methodically burying him alive in the titular car. Home Delivery, about a group of islanders who survive once the graveyards on the mainland start spewing out zombies, is also pretty great and classic Stephen King. But reading the whole collection also means suffering through items like Head Down, a 54-page nonfiction account of his son's Little League season that's every bit as self-indulgent as it sounds. (In a way I guess that's as horrifying as the zombies...)
on October 1, 2017
These stories are not as good as I had hoped for Mr King. I love most of the stories he has written, but these were so- so.
on September 27, 2017
Great group of stories from my favorite author. A must read for all King fans.
on September 26, 2017
Great book.
on September 13, 2017
Vintage King. Enough said.
on August 31, 2017
one of SKs best collections! I like his early work the best
3 helpful votes
on August 15, 2017
Nice collection of King's short pieces. I enjoy most of Mr. King's work and this was no exception. The author's notes at the end are always informative and enjoyable. Perfect for a quick bedtime read.
on August 2, 2017
As a fan of Stephen King, I have to say that I enjoy his short stories more than his novels, for the most part. The stories in this particular book, however, left something to be desired. There were a few I absolutely loved. Dolan's Cadillac and the Night Flyer were amazing. Chattery Teeth and The Moving Finger were both creepy and funny at the same time. But overall, I have to say that the stories in Night Shift and The Skeleton Crew were much better. I guess my expectations for this set were too high.
That's not to say I didn't enjoy the book. I did, very much. I just have one question: why is Stephen King so obsessed with his characters' bathroom habits? I don't think there's a story in this book that doesn't delve deeply into the MC's need to urinate and defecate. Why do I need to know this? Why do I want to know this? By the end of the book, it left a sour feeling.