Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on September 2, 2015
This book had me hooked from the first paragraph !! Was so well written that there was no bland,or spare time! I just wanted to see each and everything going on! Could not stop until the end!! I just wanted more!! Lol lol lol story was fluid,easy to follow and a fun,evolving read! You have now become one of my best writers! More please!!!
on December 5, 2012
This was the first book I read by this author. Even though I enjoyed the characters I felt something was missing. The concept was good but the terror wasn't there. The author could have described the events more in detail so the reader is struck with fear for the characters. Somehow it wasn't scary but it could have been. I'll read another one by this author and see if its any different. He has the talent and imagination, he just needs to develop it more into writing.
on June 19, 2016
loved this book!!! Kept me reading till after midnight but his books tend to do that. A great storyteller!!!
on October 19, 2014
Good read. The nagging kid got old fast, but overall entertaining indeed.
on March 14, 2016
I wasn't expecting this in the least. Good reading.
on August 14, 2013
This was the first book from this author that I've read, and if this book is indicative of his skill as a writer, I plan to read much more! Great story, suspense, action, and plenty of gore. By the end of the book, I had literally bitten off all my fingernails. And for someone that grew up on King and Koontz, that's really saying something. Bravo!!
on August 22, 2013
Rick and Ann Gordon are racing a Toyota Landcruiser across the Australian outback when they wreck their car. An old Aborigine couple comes along, but instead of offering help, they die, leaving Rick and Ann to bury them. The couple were possessed by good spirits from the Dreamtime and were only staying alive till they could find someone to transfer their power to. Now Rick and Ann carry this gentle power to do good, but they don't know it.

However someone, or rather something, does. The Dreamtime houses evil as well as good, and in this case this evil manifests itself in human form bent on destruction of the good and that means the destruction of Rick and Ann.

Sam Storm is a private detective who works for the music industry and has been on the trail of Rick Gordon for years. In his past life, Rick invented rock bootlegs, making his illegal fortune of the likes of Bob Dylan, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin. Rick is retired now, but Storm doesn't care. He's bound and determined to bring Rick to justice for past crimes, but when he gets possessed by that evil from the Dreamtime, justice takes on a whole new meaning for Mr. Storm.

This book kept me reading the night away, even when I knew I should put the lights out, because of an early morning dental appointment. This is a Dean Koontz type of story with a Steven King type of scary villain and it scared me plenty. The story is a little graphic at times, but not too bloody, just scary in a tense kind of way. This books gets five stars from me, not only because it kept me up all night, but because it sent tingles up my spine, making me forget all about that drill in the dentist's office that I had that early appointment with. Dentists, I hate dentists, brrr, but I loved this book.

All right I'm back from the dentist's. I had a long wait in his office, just sitting there afraid of the drill, but I brought RAGGED MAN with me, and passed the time reading the chapter about the boy in the trunk. That is truly one fine piece of horror writing.

Five-year-old J.P. Donovan has been kidnapped by Evil Sam Storm. Storm has bound the boy's hands behind his back, taped his mouth with duct tape and tossed him in the trunk with a cat. J.P. is terrified, because he knows what waits for him at the end of the ride, but afraid as he is, the boy is a fighter. He roots around the trunk, finds something to cut through the ropes binding his wrists even as Storm is speeding the car toward the books chilling climax. Again, I really liked this story as you can probably tell.
on April 19, 2014
I enjoyed reading this book. It is one you need the lights on to read as it is also disturbing. The Ragged Man is a myth but Sam Stone is pure evil. Killing all people in those that illegally download music and sell it. He used different methods for each killing and you just hate him.
on October 3, 2012
Ken Douglas is an incredible author with an ability to create the most graphic descriptions of the characters he describes
There is an excitment that he projects throughout the book with a build up to the final crescendo as in all of his books
I look forward to reading further creations
on December 16, 2012
This is the second book from this author I have read. As with the first book, I don't care for the writing style of this author to much. That doesn't mean somebody else won't like it. He just doesn't describe the scary scenes well enough. He doesn't build the terror and panic as one would experience it. It just seems there is something missing.
It's just one minute the kid is in grave danger and then all of a sudden he is in the back of the car. Also, the end kinda felt was hurried up just to finish the book. Many questions left unanswered for me, like what did the police say? How did the main character explain it? What happened to the other woman?
I'm trying not to give away anything but like I said, to many questions left open. I did finish the book and have read many books that were far worse, I don't like giving bad reviews, so I give it a 3 instead of a 2.