Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 Academic US
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Create exquisite black-and-white images in the minimum amount of time with the all-in-one workflowPowerful, advanced tools help you create fine art-quality images in black and white
- U Point-powered editing tools for easily making selective detail, contrast and tonality enhancementsAchieve incredible results and unprecedented control without the introduction of artifacts thanks to specially developed algorithms
- Unique technologies give exceptional control not available in other toolsWill not work on images in the grayscale color mode
- For use with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom or Apple Aperture64-bit compatible
- Create exquisite black-and-white images in the minimum amount of time with the all-in-one workflowPowerful,
- Advanced tools help you create fine art-quality images in black and white
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
Per the other reviewer's mature rant... I asked Nik's Cust. Svc. Dept. whether I could run Silver Efex Pro 2 in parallel with my Silver Efex Pro 1. Their (responsive) reply was that yes, it certainly could be done but that they highly recommended only running one version of SEP at a time. I haven't researched exporting custom saved presets from one version to another, but since it's possible to download additional presets from Nik's website I would suspect that one could port their own custom presets to another version too. I'll have to test the ones I created in SEP v. 1.
This is a highly rated program in all the well-regarded photo magazines and in the very reputable pro camera stores I shop at and seminars I attend. Thumbs up to Silver Efex.
The product is great and I would rate myself an advanced PS user. Our company provides a lot of black and white images and prints for corporations, Churches, CD/DVD layout, artists, as well as full portrait, promo, event photography. This is far more than a shortcut or "action", but actually software that works and works well having grown up in my formative years in college and later to own our current company shooting film with a full darkroom. The tools are intuitive by nature and simulate many of wonderful aspects of B&W film work even with the factory presets. However, after reading the manual and going through some of the vid tutorials, manual editing is wonderful. Great product and highly recommended. Even works well with graphic work. Not a lot of money to spend to "de-sterilize" a purely out of the cam digital image.
I received the academic version of Silver Efex for Christmas and am now on my second day of fruitlessly trying to activate it. Nik Software uses a third party company called Identit-E to handle their verification. This company (whose primary business stems from the web) has one of the most miserable websites I've ever encountered. I've tried using Safari, Chrome, and Firefox to access the site to no avail. First it literally takes five minutes to load. I put my information in, and after another arduous wait, the server stops responding. I reload, try again, make it to another page, and once again the server stops responding. Now I can't load the first page no matter how hard I try.
I'm done. I'm returning this to Amazon then promptly pirating it. DRM like this ruins the software industry.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
buy it: you won't be disappointed
any of the Nic/Google software works fine of course they would rather sell all 6.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I purchased the academic version and its a headache to get a verification code. Nik is using a 3rd party company that takes for ever to even respond. Read morePublished on November 9, 2011 by grad4law
Excellent timing! I got this product before the one Amazon is sending me. Both were bought at the same time. Amazing! Thank you!Published on July 22, 2011 by Albertom