Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 94 reviews
on December 19, 2011
I think this is a great product that will get you motivated to walk or run more. I just have to say that the order arrived super fast. I could not be more impressed at the time in which I received my order. This is my second sensor, I purchased one a few years ago and eventually it died so I already had a shoe pouch for it. Once you turn it on and insert it in your shoe or shoe pouch you are almost ready to go. I have a newer iPod so the iPod told me when to walk so it could detect the sensor. If you have an older iPod, you will need the receiver to plug into your iPod. After your first walk or run you can calibrate your sensor and then you are all set!

I haven't had any issues with the battery so hopefully that doesnt become an issue anytime soon...the product doesn't last forever so at some point the battery will expire. Just make sure you turn it off if you are not going to use it for a long period of time. At some point I wish apple would make this product with a replaceable battery...hint, hint!

So what do I like about this product and what makes it so good???
1. It is an awesome pedometer.
2. It tells me how long and how far I've walked or run
3. It tells me the pace that I've walked or run
4. It tells me how many calories I've burned
5. It allows me to set goals for my work out, for the week, for the month, etc.
6. It records all of this information and allows me to upload it and view graphically how my workout and goals are going over time.
7. I also like that I can join the Nike+ community and be challenged by other members or join in on races and events
8. I can also download personal trainers and celebrity trainers from the iTunes store to make working out more challenging and fun

Just a few things that are not the best about the product....
1. I've read a lot of reviews about the battery and in general not being able to replace or recharge the battery is an issue
2. Sometimes I want to walk and I don't want to take my iPod but that's not really an issue with the product itself but I wish it was self contained like a regular pedometer...but I can deal:)
3. Depending on what type of pouch you have for your sensor, you have to unlace your shoes to attach the pouch to different shoes...so find a pouch that clips on to your shoes;) You also have the option to buy Nike's sneakers that has an insert for the sensor built into the shoe.

There are so many things that you can do with this device but you do need an iPod of course:)...the sensor is awesome but they should seriously work on making the battery replaceable. At any rate, I highly recommend this product, especially if you need a little motivation to get your workout on!!!
on March 24, 2011
Let me start by saying that I like gadgets and that one of my issues in life is that I have a more than sedentary lifestyle which technology usually adds to. If you have a newer iphone or nano, which I only have a 3GS ATT wireless phone, you do not need the transmitter for this to function properly. At first I was intimidated to use it because I do not see a plug or charger for this little device. If it wasn't for the fact that my cousin got me new ipod sensor nike running shoes, I would have never purchased this item.
The snyc with your iphone or nano is very simple, just follow the instructions and it should take about 10 seconds. Done, now for calibration... You should go to a regulated track because the distance will be verifiable and not calibrated on a treadmill. It is still useable if you do not calibrate it. Right now my stats are not as great as I would like because I am out of shape and need to get back in the groove of working out as if I were competing with younger self and what was and what could possibly be again.
I would like to see some sort of new programs so that it can work with something like aerobics in a class at the gym or television workout program at home. Programmers, I am talking to you, I may not use it, but others will.
If you have a mac at home, an iphone, nike sensor running shoes, and want to keep a digital record of your running, then I would recommend this complimentary product. Otherwise, you can keep a journal like many have done for years without the worry of wondering how far they actually ran and what pace they held.
on March 19, 2011
The sensor is great for tracking your progress while running, and having the ipod/iphone application up while you running give you that extra little motivation to push and beat your record time. The workouts are very customizable and allow you to publish it to the Nike site to track progress. One thing on my wish list would be to be able to post results to my facebook page.

To the person who said it isn't accurate, take 3 seconds to learn how to use the thing. First out of the box over a 5 mile run, it was only about 2 or 3 10ths of a mile off. Second of all, if it is terribly far off for you, all you have to do is simply complete a workout, and click the calibrate button and put in your distance. It then calibrates it to your step size. You can calibrate it over and over if you want to improve the reliability.

Just one note for anyone that doesn't run but wants to track your distance, it doesn't work on Bikes, or Elliptical machines. It will continually turn off, and register barely any distance.
on October 23, 2011
If you have the Nike + app on your device, this thing will talk to it. Make no mistake: the app does nothing more than count your steps, multiply it by your stride length (which you can calibrate) and give you time, distance, average speed (through spoken and visual output), and calories burned (based on your weight. Surprisingly, the app does not provide the simple feature of giving you a cadence--but there are free apps for that. And you don't have to buy the Nike shoes that have a niche for this sensor; there are many low cost commercial products that will attach it to your shoe (I review the one I have elsewhere.)
on September 17, 2011
I purchased this product on the advice of my daughter. I do alot of walking and this is such a good deal for the money. You need an iPhone app or iPod of some sort for
this to work. I also think you should buy the little pouch that the sensor goes into and attach it to your sneaker. It tells you how far you have walked (works with running as well) your time, pace, and how many calories you have burned. You can pick your settings--male or female voice--your predetermined distance or just walk and see how far you go. It also tells you if you have excelled from the time before and is encouraging.
on January 2, 2016
worked well and served its purpose, but it's no longer needed with gps capabilities and running apps on my phone. I used to run this sensor paired up with my ipod touch 4th generation, and it worked well at all times
on January 14, 2011
This is an excellent product that tracks your running/walking distance, speed and calorie expenditure. I use it with my iPhone 3GS. The running data is automatically uploaded to NikeRunning website when you sync your iPhone - that allows you to monitor your progress over time and also interact with the large running community there. The device is accurate - within 1% of my measured distance. I suspect that people who are getting inaccurate readings are not attaching the device to their shoes correctly. If you do not have Nike shoe with the special pocket for the device then you should buy one of the holders available on Amazon and put the device on your laces, with the logo side up, very snugly so that it does not move and as far forward on your shoe as possible so that it captures your foot motion completely.

The best part - this seller is the only one that provides free shipping - and ships pretty fast too. Highly recommend both the device and the seller. Note that an iPhone/iPod will lock onto a sensor - so its not a good idea to track more than one sensor with the same iPhone/iPod.
on December 31, 2016
This worked nicely at the time. Buy the corresponding shoe, add the insert, sync to my ipod 6th gen.
on December 26, 2011
I purchased the Nike + iPod Sensor for a pair of shoes I was getting for Christmas. Got my shoes and cannot get the sensor working - no matter what I try - resetting the iPod, resetting the sensor, etc. Since there is no way to test the sensor and I have an older sensor I was replacing that does work - this one must be busted...

I don't know what the cause is - bad sensor, bad battery, selling old product - but I do know that the result is a ton of frustration on my part...

Lessons learned - don't but this on-line and don't buy it ahead of time (yes, my bad, I bought it a couple of months ago when the shoes came up).

I do have a working sensor and have enjoyed it. It was purchased at the Apple Store. Maybe I'll stick to brick and mortar for stuff like this...
on November 27, 2010
It was a perfect and cheap way to keep track of my new sport, running. It works perfect with the iPhone 4 with no additional receiver needed. The receiver is built into the iPhone 3GS and 4 already so this is all you need. Go to your settings under general and turn on Nike + and you're ready to roll. I also purchased a silicon case for this sensor so I could put it on the outside of my Asics shoeslaces.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.