Top positive review
Makes exercise fun! Get one!!!
on December 19, 2011
I think this is a great product that will get you motivated to walk or run more. I just have to say that the order arrived super fast. I could not be more impressed at the time in which I received my order. This is my second sensor, I purchased one a few years ago and eventually it died so I already had a shoe pouch for it. Once you turn it on and insert it in your shoe or shoe pouch you are almost ready to go. I have a newer iPod so the iPod told me when to walk so it could detect the sensor. If you have an older iPod, you will need the receiver to plug into your iPod. After your first walk or run you can calibrate your sensor and then you are all set!
I haven't had any issues with the battery so hopefully that doesnt become an issue anytime soon...the product doesn't last forever so at some point the battery will expire. Just make sure you turn it off if you are not going to use it for a long period of time. At some point I wish apple would make this product with a replaceable battery...hint, hint!
So what do I like about this product and what makes it so good???
1. It is an awesome pedometer.
2. It tells me how long and how far I've walked or run
3. It tells me the pace that I've walked or run
4. It tells me how many calories I've burned
5. It allows me to set goals for my work out, for the week, for the month, etc.
6. It records all of this information and allows me to upload it and view graphically how my workout and goals are going over time.
7. I also like that I can join the Nike+ community and be challenged by other members or join in on races and events
8. I can also download personal trainers and celebrity trainers from the iTunes store to make working out more challenging and fun
Just a few things that are not the best about the product....
1. I've read a lot of reviews about the battery and in general not being able to replace or recharge the battery is an issue
2. Sometimes I want to walk and I don't want to take my iPod but that's not really an issue with the product itself but I wish it was self contained like a regular pedometer...but I can deal:)
3. Depending on what type of pouch you have for your sensor, you have to unlace your shoes to attach the pouch to different shoes...so find a pouch that clips on to your shoes;) You also have the option to buy Nike's sneakers that has an insert for the sensor built into the shoe.
There are so many things that you can do with this device but you do need an iPod of course:)...the sensor is awesome but they should seriously work on making the battery replaceable. At any rate, I highly recommend this product, especially if you need a little motivation to get your workout on!!!