|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$74.00 - $170.00|
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 2.4" from arch
- ** UPDATED ** Textured Mesh Full Inner Sleeve - For a dynamic, sock-like fit that hugs the foot, preventing slippage.
- ** UPDATED ** Diagonal Cuts - Through the arch to encourage natural motion flexibility and help increase foot strength.
- ** NEW ** Flywire Cables System - This latest version of Flywire consists of soft yet durable cables that wrap the midfoot and arch from underneath the foot for a glove-like, supportive fit that adapts to your stride.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
MINIMALIST / BAREFOOT RUNNING SHOES The Nike Free 5.0+ offers more natural barefoot-like feel, higher profile compare to the other Nike Free family. The Nike Free 5.0+ Running Shoe provides the foot strengthening benefits of natural motion, along with the cushioning, traction and underfoot protection of a traditional shoe. It is less flexible compare to both 3.0 and 4.0 and the Flywire Cables System have been installed to offer glove-like, supportive fit. The main features and differences of the 5.0+ compare to the other two Nike Free. Good Flexibility The flex groove design—made up of deep cuts along the length and width of the midsole—enhances natural range of motion, encourages a smooth, efficient stride and helps maintain stability. The 5.0's outsole are less flexible compare to the other Nike Free Family. Low Profile Midsole It features the highest offset offered by Nike Free running shoes, with an 8mm difference between heel and forefoot height for greater cushioning while still promoting a natural stride. Plus, the Phylite material in the midsole is tough enough to double as an outsole, dramatically reducing the shoe's overall weight. Supportive Fit The Nike Free 5.0+ is the most supportive of the Nike Free family thanks to ultra-light Flywire technology. This latest version of Flywire consists of soft yet durable cables that wrap the midfoot and arch from underneath the foot for a glove-like, supportive fit that adapts to your stride.
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 8 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B0052RV546
- Item model number: 580591-400
- Date first available at Amazon.com: April 15, 2010
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Fit-wise, I think they are best for people with higher arches and narrow feet. I bought these because I needed a little extra cushion for pavement running that my minimalist NB shoes don't provide. I think these are a perfect middle ground between minimalist and traditional running shoes -- not a lot of padding, but enough that an hour on pavement isn't pure misery. The opening sits a little low under the ankle and it felt kind of precarious when I tried sprinting in these, but they didn't slip off or anything.
The first time I ran in them they hurt like crazy, and while I'm usually the type of idiot that can and will run through all sorts of pain and injuries, I had to slow to a walk in these. Luckily, making some small adjustments to my stride took them from "nightmarish pain" to "pretty all right" by the next run.