Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 21, 2012
I purchased this camera a while back before I knew anything about photography. I was passionate about what my point and shoots were capable of and I read that this camera was the next best step in finding out more about photography. I can't stress enough how important a dslr kit like this is when your starting out in photography. It gives you the ability to familiarize yourself with aperture, shutter speed and iso combinations in full manual mode while also allowing you to just point and shoot in p mode until you get things figured out. I have since attended three years of college for photography; Shot many wedding and events and the camera has performed flawlessly! It's relatively compact size and tough Nikon build quality allow you to take it anywhere so you never miss the shot! I have recently purchased another kit but I will continue to take this everywhere as a back up and all around travel companion for many years to come.
review imagereview imagereview image
on August 15, 2013
I am a freelance photographer and recently started my own business. I needed a back up camera for weddings and such, but was on a budget. I researched all the Nikon because I had a second lens and just needed another Nikon. I Googled and Youtubed most of the Nikon camera lines and found that the Nikon D60 had some great features and mirror cleaning capabilities that some of the new cameras don't have. It offers frame by frame videoing of up to 20 images for creating a small videos. I just needed the body because I already had Nikon lens and just needed a back up camera for shooting wedding, so I wouldn't have to stop and change lens during a shoot. I love the Nikon D60 because its light easy to handle and when adding a large lens I can still handle it easily. The images I am getting are some of my favorite. I use if for alot of ambient outdoor shoots. I have not used it for any studio shoots yet but it performs just as well as my Nikon D3000. I don't think you need to have a camera that big and bulky or has all the bells and whistles if you know how to use you camera and its setting. Most of the shooting you do anyway as a freelance never requires the use of most of the extra stuff those more expensive camera have anyway. I am very happy with the results of the images I am getting and my client love them as well. This is a great affordable camera .
review image
on March 10, 2015
This camera, though several years old stands strong to the test of time. Nikon continues to deliver time and time again. A device that should be long obsolete is still performing phenomenally, and proving that the quality lies in the lens and the skill, NOT in the camera body.
on December 4, 2009
I bought this camera for my sister. She has taken amazing photos with a point and shoot and needed to step up to a DSLR. This was the cheapest nikon body on amazon at the time (refurbished from Cameta Camera). I currently shoot a D200 and the D60 doesn't have all the features I'm used to. However, it was everything I expected and takes beautiful photos. The lack of an auto focus motor does limit the camera, but the number of AF-S lenses available are continually growing.

The ability to have a 10megapixel sensor DSLR amazes me. You can make HUGE prints from this camera that are pro quality (but the camera itself won't give you the skills of a pro photographer). This body is tiny. Sitting next to a larger p&s its only slightly larger. Only having 3 AF points takes away some ease of use you get with the higher end bodies but they do focus sharp and fast.

My current favorite AF-S lenses for these non focus motor bodies would be #1 Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras. It gives the focal length of a 50mm on a film body. Perfect walk around lens and auto focus motor built in. This lens is awesome for portraits and still life.If you can only buy one lens right now, buy this one.
#2 Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR II Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon DX-Format Digital SLR Cameras This lens goes from wide to telephoto. You can keep this lens on the camera all day for most people's needs. On the down side, it costs twice the street price of the camera. #3Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED IF AF-S VR Zoom Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras. If you are buying a camera system to take pictures of your kids playing soccer, you need this lens. It is tack sharp for outdoor sports and gives you plenty of reach. Its also great for bird or other nature photography. Its a little heavy but much lighter, less bulky, and less costly than a 70-200 f/2.8.
on May 10, 2017
The camera body I received was as good as, or better than advertised. he shipping was fast and precise. Thank you.
on August 31, 2011
Beautiful pictures. Beautiful quality. Great camera. Only downfall was I should have bought a complete package. I was starting brand new and had no memory cards, no batteries, no lenses...nothing. And apparently you can't use just any lens on this camera, but that is kind of the point of buying a Nikon in the first place. Their lenses are fantastic! I have a set of binoculars by them and I will buy nothing less.
on February 14, 2011
I have several Nikon digitals, D200, D90, D3s. I got the D60 to convert to infrared and I am having a ball with it. It has easy white balance adjustment which is needed for the infrared. Pictures are great. i enlarged several to 20X30 and they are clear with no discernable drop off at the edges. If you have any interest in black and white infrared, Life pixel does a conversion in the camera so there is no need for filters. D60 is perfect for the role.
on January 2, 2016
The D60 arrived early and I haven't put it down. I have already added a 50mm lens, quick sling strap and a vertical grip. Camera was way better then described in the post. 😎
on March 18, 2016
This camera body was like new and even included a new Nikon battery and charger.
on February 25, 2013
Our Nikon D60 got the shutter error that is common with these cameras. The repair was going to be around $200. This body works great, and now if we want to fix the other one, we will have two bodies for when that error (that should be a recall) returns.