Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon AF DX NIKKOR 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Fixed Zoom Fisheye Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on November 12, 2011
what can I say, it is a fisheye lens. I bought it to shoot inside a cathedral for a wedding, where I wanted to take advantage of the ultra wide look as well as add some curves to my lines. After I bought this lens, I gave it a test run before my shoot. the first think I noticed was the grinding sound that it made as it was auto focusing. Not sure if this is common for this lens, but this one definitely sounded bad. I also noticed that the focus ring had some slop to it, which is probably where the noise came from. I would like to add that this was a brand new lens from the store... just wanted to make sure that was clear. Again not sure if this one was a lemon or not. Even though it seemed rough in the focusing, I still took it with me on my shoot. Despite the loud noises, it focused quickly and accurately. The 180º view was a lot of fun, but all in all not the style of photography that I like to do. So with the sloppy and noisy focus ring and not really what I was looking for in a photo, I decided to return the lens after shooting with it for a day. If you are looking for that fisheye look, it does a good job. Just make sure you test shoot it before you buy it to make sure there is nothing wrong with the gears.
on February 12, 2013
I bought this for my wife's D5100. When I searched for digital lenses, this one showed compatible. While is does work with the D5100, it only works in manual mode. It produces clear, sharp images, and the wife loves it, so it's worth keeping.

The product states in it's operators manual that the AF function is only for the DX2, and DX3 series digital cameras only. It does not work in AF mode with the DX50, 500, 5000 DX70, 700, 7000 or DX90 series cameras. Something left out in the seller's description.

I suggest that when searching for a lens on Amazon, you go to the manufacturer's web site to make sure all the lens functions work with your camera. Something I will start doing.
on January 11, 2014
I strongly recommend this product, it makes fantastic pictures. But the Auto focus does not work with my D5300. I have to do it manually...not a big deal but, I would prefer not to.
on October 6, 2004
As soon as I got the lens I went out to test it. The scene was down the middle of my street. Shot it as a NEF Raw file with a Basic JPG with a auto setting and ISO 200 on a D70.

I opened the file in Nikon Capture and was disappointed in the sharpness and distortions. Contrasty objects at the edges showed aberrations (red and blue ghosting)and a over all softness

The Capture software allowed me to remove the pincushioning but soften the image more. There is a small gel holder in the rear of the lens and you will need to trim a filter to fit. This is my first fisheye and I don't have others to compare. I need to try other apertures and see if it improves.

Update: I have had the lens for a while now. It is great for wild angle panos, I have been shooting them with a 50 percent overlap and Adobe Photoshop has been able to stitch and correct distortion, I posted samples of here of petroglyphs. Also if you do not enlarge it too much, use a medium aperture, some interesting shots can be made, I posted some of these also, street scene in Florence and ceiling in Medici Palace.

Update again: I have discovered "Fisheye-Hemi" Photoshop Plug-in that unwraps the image not as rectilinear but somewhere in-between. It is great when there are people in your shots, things are not stretched out. I am upgrading the my rating.
review image review image review image review image
99 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse