Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED Vibrat..." and save 58% off the $499.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Cameras & Camcorders Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Goes from wide-angle (18mm) to telephoto (140mm) for great snapshots and videos in just about any situation
- Nikon Silent Wave Motor (AFS) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus, Minimum focus distance 0.45 m (1.48 ft) from focal plane at all zoom positions Focal Length : 18-140 mm
- VR image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and videos in low-light situations and at telephoto distances.Zoom Ratio 7.8 x
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass minimizes chromatic aberration, and aspherical lens element virtually eliminates coma. Type G AF-S DX lens with built-in CPU and F mount. Lens construction-17 elements in 12 groups (including 1 ED lens element, 1 aspherical lens element)
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $219.95.
|Lens Compatibility Information: FX and DX lenses can be mounted on all Nikon DSLR cameras. However, using a DX lens on an FX camera or an FX lens on a DX camera will result in a 1.5x crop factor.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras - (New)
Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR [Vibration Reduction] Nikkor Zoom Lens
Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR II Nikkor Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon DX-Format Digital SLR Cameras(New, White box)
Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II Digital Zoom Lens (AF-S Motor) (for Ni...
|Price||$496.95||$196.95||$396.95||$147.50||$646.95||See price in cart|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||C & J PRODUCTS||Amazon.com||Gabrian's|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon (DX)|
|Focus Type||Ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||Micro-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||automatic_only|
|Item Dimensions||3.07 x 3.82 x 3.07 in||2.76 x 2.09 x 2.76 in||2.99 x 3.5 x 2.99 in||2.87 x 3.94 x 2.87 in||3.03 x 3.82 x 3.03 in||4.02 x 4.02 x 4.02 in|
|Item Weight||1.08 lbs||7.05 ounces||0.93 lb||0.74 lb||1.25 lbs||1.21 lbs|
|Lens Type||Zoom lens||standard-prime||Zoom lens||Zoom lens||Zoom lens||normal|
|Maximum Focal Length||140 millimeters||35 millimeters||105 millimeters||200 millimeters||200 millimeters||16 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||18 millimeters||35 millimeters||18 millimeters||55 millimeters||18 millimeters||11 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||67 millimeters||52 millimeters||67 millimeters||52 millimeters||72 millimeters||77 millimeters|
If you're looking for an outstanding grab-and-go lens-the kind you'll keep on your camera for nearly every situation-check out the new Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens. Optimized to draw full potential from Nikons high-resolution DX-format image sensors, it delivers beautiful ultra-sharp photos and videos with softly blurred backgrounds. Its versatile 7.8x zoom range (18mm to 140mm) lets you shoot everything from wide-angle family portraits to telephoto close-ups on the sports field. 4 stops of VR image stabilization means sharper handheld photos and video, especially when shooting in low light or at maximum focal length. You can even get as close as 1.48-feet from your subject for macro-style close-ups!
From the Manufacturer
A compact all-in-one lens that's ready for anything.
If you're looking for an outstanding grab-and-go lens—the kind you'll keep on your camera for nearly every situation—check out the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR. Optimized to draw full potential from Nikon’s high-resolution DX-format image sensors, it delivers beautiful ultra-sharp photos and videos with softly blurred backgrounds. Its versatile 7.8x zoom range (18mm to 140mm) lets you shoot everything from wide-angle family portraits to telephoto close-ups on the sports field. 4 stops of VR image stabliization means sharper handheld photos and video, especially when shooting in low light or at maximum focal length. You can even get as close as 1.48-feet from your subject for macro-style close-ups!
Clarity within reach
7.8x wide-angle to telephoto zoom
Developed with high pixel count D-SLRs in mind, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR delivers vibrant, detail-rich photos and videos across its entire zoom range. Zoom out for an 18mm wide-angle view that’s great for group shots, landscapes or any time you need to fit more into the frame. Zoom in for 140mm of telephoto reach—enough zoom to capture close-ups of your favorite player from the sidelines. In between, you have standard views similar to what you see with your eyes and medium telephoto views ideal for portraits. Whatever shot comes your way, you’ll be ready to catch it.
Sharper handheld shooting
The VR image stabilization advantage
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR versatility is strengthened by 4 stops of VR image stabilization. Capture sharp, shake-free handheld photos and videos in low-light situations, when you want to use slower shutter speeds, and at telephoto distances, when even the smallest amount of camera shake can ruin a shot.
Advanced Nikon technology and superb NIKKOR optics
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is an advanced lens designed to get the most from high-resolution Nikon D-SLRs. In addition to VR image stabilization, it uses ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass, which virtually eliminates reflections and lens flare for better contrast and Aspherical (AS) lens elements for minimizing aberration and improving image integrity and color. Nikon’s remarkable Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing, a major advantage when recording video. And, of course, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR has NIKKOR’s renowned quality of construction and outstanding optics.
- LC-67 Snap-on Front Lens Cap 67mm
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you just purchased your first Nikon DSLR (DX format), want to upgrade from the kit lens, and don't know which lens to buy - This is it! Trust me, just buy it! Better yet, if you haven't purchased your camera yet, buy the body only, and then get this lens, (or buy it bundled as an alternative to the kit lens).
This is a DX lens, so I assume if you are looking at this lens that you are not a professional photographer with a full frame camera. Chances are...you are either an amateur or an enthusiast, looking to upgrade from the kit lens, and wondering which lens to buy.
When I purchased my first DSLR, I spent months pouring over reviews, reading DxOMark ratings, and trying to figure out which lens would fill my needs. Every new DSLR owner always wants to know which lens they should buy, and with the selection out there, it can get overwhelming. Luckily, I had a professional photographer friend who told me to get this.
WHY YOU SHOULD BUY IT:
1. With the 18-140 range, you are covering everything from wide-angle to a decent telephoto range that will fit most photographer's needs. Unless you need a super zoom, for photographing wildlife, this is an almost perfect range, and will replace a variety of lenses, enabling you to carry only this lens for the vast majority of your photography needs. I can't overstate how important this is. For instance, on vacation, you need only bring this one lens instead of 2 or 3. Very convenient, and enables you to catch random shots without having to change lenses.
2. Great optics, nice and sharp with good color. Unless you are willing to spend over $1000, it's hard to beat the quality. There is a reason it is rated so highly!
3. Solid build, acceptably fast autofocus, smooth, with no creep, and a nice metal mount. Some other lenses, (like the 18-105) have a plastic mount, which is completely unacceptable in my opinion (shame on you Nikon for making plastic mounts). If you have ever slightly knocked a lens with a plastic mount, you know that the plastic mount breaks insanely easily, and is expensive to replace, (and don't even bother trying to do it yourself). This lens feels good in the hand, nice and solid, yet balanced. It's a little on the heavy side, but considering you only need to carry this lens, instead of several....it's a wash weight-wise.
4. Considering that this lens will replace several, the price point is decent, particularly when you compare the optics to some of the other Nikon offerings.
IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING THE 18-105:
Don't do it. The 18-105 has less range, lower quality optics, and a plastic mount, which is a crappy flimsy thing that will eventually break, unless you treat it very, very gingerly. For approximately $100 more, you are getting much better quality optics, better range, and a solid metal mount that will take a beating. The $100 savings of the 18-105 is simply not worth it.