Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on September 11, 2012
I get this binocular for my friend' birthday. Naturally I check it for defects, and look through it. I like it. 50mm lens gives a good aria of view. You have to find the right way to adjust the diopter. Because on the right side is pleased the lever for zooming, there is only diopter adjusting on the left aye. So you are adjusting actually the difference in diopters between two ayes. With simple words, you look only with the right aye, and adjust the focus. Than close it and adjust the DIOPTER for the left and you are set. After this changing the zoom should not change the difference in diopters. My need to adjust only the focus. And as the other reviewers said, after 10x - 12x zoom you my need a tripod, or you have to us to look blur image.
on September 12, 2010
I purchased these for my wife to look through on a camping trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons. Decided it was time to get a nice pair of binoculars, rather than using the cheap ones I've had since I was a kid. When my wife took them out to use, the zoom wouldn't work. Sliding the lever around did nothing. Don't know what happened to the zoom, but the binoculars were not dropped, mishandled, or anything, and the box wasn't damaged in shipment. Returned to Amazon for a new pair, and they work fine, hopefully the zoom will continue to work. Optically very good, does require some care to keep a steady view at full magnification, but definitely usable. Also, it does include a tripod mount, which is a bonus.
on September 13, 2010
I selected these binoculars because they are multi-purpose and seemed to be high powered at a reasonable price. You can view things that are somewhat close to very far away. The most amazing thing is that you can see the moon in such detail, and planets (we could see several moons of Jupiter). The zoom feature is nice. You can look at something and get good magnification, then see it in even more detail. The only downside, especially on zoom is that if your hands are shaky, it can be hard to focus on a distant object. For star gazing, I would recommend mounting the binoculars on a tripod (it comes with a tripod adapter).
I haven't compared these to higher priced models, but for the cost, I think that they are durable, well made and a good buy for the money
on October 22, 2012
These binoculars are the nicest and clearest field glasses I ever looked through. I only rated them four stars because of the fact they are not waterproof. I took them to Alaska and they were wonderful. We took them to the top of White pass and in the light snow these were wonderful. The moisture at those heights did not hurt them. While the 22x zoom was a concern to us that we would not be able to hold them steady, we were pleased to find that these binoculars are clear and easy to hold. We had a lot of WOWS! using these binoculars. The light gains were also amazing. I am planning on using them this deer hunting season and expect great results. As to affordability, these are a great purchase.
One person found this helpful
on January 10, 2012
These were a christmas gift. I originally received the nikon 7x35 action, but returned those to get these as they just didn't seem to work at much of a distance. These binoculars are well made and have a crystal clear view on the lower levels. On the higher levels such as 20 or 22, the view gets a little blurry and I am not really convinced you are really zooming in at that level. I see a huge difference between 7 and 12, but not much between 12 and 22. Still, they are good binoculars for the price and I will keep them. I just ordered a tripod for easier viewing. I get a headache trying to use them at higher levels with the hand shaking. They really need to be perfectly still to work properly at the higher levels.
on February 27, 2012
These nikon 7234 are a decent purchase for the price. View is clear magnification is good. Once you start to increase magnification you see there weakness. I bought them for hunting and sighting in my rifle. These are not good for hunting they are not waterproof. I struggled to view bullet holes at a hundred yards, I shoot a 300 win mag. They are a good entry level that will satisfy most needs, they are just not for someone whos going to expose them to the elements.
3 people found this helpful
on March 22, 2015
Bought a second one, that worked so well, I wanted two. The zoom is great, you can find something and then zoom, without loosing focus.
on June 7, 2016
Best Bino's, I've these for years - LOVE THEM!!!!
on February 15, 2013
Nikon optics remain impeccable. I bought to take with me on a safari. They are a bit larger and heavier than I would have preferred. The case is only so-so. Mine was missing eyepiece covers. They will be great at night football games.
on January 16, 2013
Got these on sale on Black Friday. Very happy with them. Super crisp image at 10 power. At 22 power the image is not quite as crisp but still very good. Better than any optics I currently have. You do need a tripod/monopod to get full use from the higher magnification, but they come with an adapter/mount. I don't think you can do better for the price.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.