Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Lens" and save 31% off the $899.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Lens
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.0 ft.( 0.314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens
- Weighs 27.9 ounces, and measures 3.3 x 4.5 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
- Lens not zoomable
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||HB-38|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F (FX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Image Stabilization||Vibration reduction (VR II) up to 4 stops|
|Item Dimensions||3.27 x 3.27 x 4.57 inches|
|Item Display Weight||789 grams|
|Item Weight||1.74 pounds|
|Lens Type||Prime lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.31 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||105 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||35mm full frame|
|Minimum Focal Length||105 mm|
|Minimum Focal Range||105 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Number of Elements||14|
|Number of Groups||12|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||62 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||23 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||2.5 pounds|
|Style Name||Lens Only|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Abe's Electronics Center||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Photo Savings|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (FX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic||automatic_only, manual_only||Ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||3.27 x 4.57 x 3.27 in||2.87 x 2.87 x 3.74 in||3.15 x 2.87 x 3.15 in||2.76 x 2.09 x 2.76 in||2.87 x 3.5 x 2.87 in||3.07 x 5 x 3.07 in|
|Item Weight||1.74 lbs||—||0.77 lb||7.05 ounces||—||2.5 lbs|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||macro||Prime lens||standard-prime||Prime lens||Prime lens|
|Maximum Aperture||2.8||32 in||1.8||1.8||2.8||f/2.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||105 millimeters||100||85 millimeters||35 millimeters||60 millimeters||105 millimeters|
|Minimum Aperture||32||2.8 in||16||22||32||22|
|Minimum Focal Length||105 millimeters||100||85 millimeters||35 millimeters||60 millimeters||105 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||62 millimeters||55 millimeters||67 millimeters||52 millimeters||62 millimeters||62 millimeters|
NIKON 105MM F2.8G VR MICRO (2160).Compatibility: G-type lenses are fully compatible with all current camera models (as of 01/04). The older camera models F4, N90/s, N70, N8008/s, N6000 will only work in Program and Shutter Priority modes. Note: VR feature will only work with Nikon's F6, F5, F100, N80, N75, N65, D100 & D1 and D2-series (or any newer model) cameras.Note: AF-S feature is not supported by certain camera models. Please click here for a list of compatible models.
From the Manufacturer
This medium telephoto Micro lens is ideal for extreme close-up and portrait work with greater working distances and AF from infinity to life-size (1:1)
- The world’s first macro lens featuring Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile for all photographic situations
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance thorough the focus range
- High-resolution and high optical performance with Nano Crystal Coat and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements enhances overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations, contributing to improved color, contrast and clarity
- Non-rotating front design is convenient for use with circular polarizing filters and the R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The VR is a nice to have but the ability to use Nikon teleconverters is why I added this lens. The teleconverters provide added image magnification and greater distance between the lens and the subject being photographed. The greater working distance helps with certain subjects and also makes it much easier to position and use flash, including the Nikon kit with the SU-800 commander (or built-in flash with commander functionality found in many Nikon cameras) and the Nikon SB-R200 mini speedlights.
This is by no means the sharpest lens but to me that was less important than the option to use Nikon teleconverters and without having to rely 100% on manual focusing of the lens.