Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Lens
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon FX|
|Lens Description||105 millimetres|
|Max Focal Length||105 Millimeters|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.03 ft( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens. Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 1.0x
- Weighs 279 ounces, and measures 33 x 45 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
- Lens not zoomable
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Your DSLR’s Best Friend
A must-have for standard portraits and everyday use, the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G is a VR (Vibration Reduction) lens that will absolutely surprise you. The 105mm focal length with a fast f/2.8 aperture allows you to capture stunning images with a shallow depth-of-field, letting your subjects stand out from their backgrounds. The AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G may soon become your new favorite lens.
Brilliance In Any Light Get Astonishing Low Light Results
This lightweight standard lens is a great travel companion because you never know when a beautiful, sunny day will turn cloudy and rainy. With its fast f/2.8 aperture, the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G will capture even low-light situations with stunning brilliance.
Beautiful Background Blur Achieve More Natural Depth Of Field
Whether you're shooting portraits, food or nature—indoors or outdoors—the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G VR (Vibration Reduction) lens renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. And its 105mm focal length is perfect for creating natural perspective in your photographs.
Capture Every Detail Shoot Tack-Sharp Portraits Every Time
Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare, while the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G's Aspherical Lens Element (AS) virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberrations, even when shooting at the widest available aperture. Pair that with Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for fast, accurate and quiet autofocus, and you can be sure all of your portraits will be tack sharp.
Silent Wave Motor
AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM). This technology converts 'traveling waves' into rotational energy to focus the optics. This enables high-speed autofocusing that's extremely accurate and super quiet.
Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the center of the lens.
Super Integrated Coating
Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
Compare with similar items
Sigma 258306 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Nikon DSLR Camera
Nikon AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Close-up Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Tamron Auto Focus 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom Lens with Built In Motor for Nikon Digital SLR (Model A17NII)
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
|Sold By||PHOTOTRONICS||Electronics Basket||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Nikon FX||Nikon FX||Nikon DX||Nikon F||Nikon FX|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||Micromotor||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||4.57 x 3.27 x 3.27 inches||5.00 x 3.07 x 3.07 inches||2.56 x 2.72 x 2.72 inches||4.61 x 3.03 x 3.03 inches||2.13 x 2.91 x 2.91 inches|
|Item Weight||1.74 lbs||1.60 lbs||0.52 lbs||0.96 lbs||0.64 lbs|
|Maximum Aperture||2.8||2.8 millimeters||2.8||f/4||1.4|
|Maximum Focal Length||105 millimeters||105 millimeters||40 millimeters||300 millimeters||50 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||105 millimeters||105 millimeters||40 millimeters||70 millimeters||50 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||62 millimeters||62 millimeters||52 millimeters||62 millimeters||58 millimeters|
Product description NIKON 105MM F2.8G VR MICRO (2160).Compatibility: G-type lenses are fully compatible with all current camera models (as of 01/04). The older camera models F4, N90/s, N70, N8008/s, N6000 will only work in Program and Shutter Priority modes. Note: VR feature will only work with Nikon's F6, F5, F100, N80, N75, N65, D100 & D1 and D2-series (or any newer model) cameras. Note: AF-S feature is not supported by certain camera models. Please click here for a list of compatible models. From the Manufacturer: This medium telephoto Micro lens is ideal for extreme close-up and portrait work with greater working distances and AF from infinity to life-size (1:1)The world’s first macro lens featuring Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile for all photographic situations Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance thorough the focus range High-resolution and high optical performance with Nano Crystal Coat and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements enhances overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations, contributing to improved color, contrast and clarityNon-rotating front design is convenient for use with circular polarizing filters and the R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System
From the Manufacturer
This medium telephoto Micro lens is ideal for extreme close-up and portrait work with greater working distances and AF from infinity to life-size (1:1)
- The world’s first macro lens featuring Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile for all photographic situations
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance thorough the focus range
- High-resolution and high optical performance with Nano Crystal Coat and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements enhances overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations, contributing to improved color, contrast and clarity
- Non-rotating front design is convenient for use with circular polarizing filters and the R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System
This item is a Japanese domestic market version. There is no functional difference between Japanese and international version. User Guide/Manual: Only available in Japanese Camera menu interface: Only available in English and Japanese
SERIAL #US6024226 FULL 14 DAY HASSLE-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE AND A 90 DAY PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY