Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Lens" and save 41% off the $899.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to drops, spills and cracked screens and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Lens
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23 Degree20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 10 ft.( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens. Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 1.0x
- Weighs 279 ounces, and measures 33 x 45 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
- Lens not zoomable
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
Your DSLR’s Best Friend
A must-have for standard portraits and everyday use, the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G is a VR (Vibration Reduction) lens that will absolutely surprise you. The 105mm focal length with a fast f/2.8 aperture allows you to capture stunning images with a shallow depth-of-field, letting your subjects stand out from their backgrounds. The AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G may soon become your new favorite lens.
Brilliance In Any Light Get Astonishing Low Light Results
This lightweight standard lens is a great travel companion because you never know when a beautiful, sunny day will turn cloudy and rainy. With its fast f/2.8 aperture, the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G will capture even low-light situations with stunning brilliance.
Beautiful Background Blur Achieve More Natural Depth Of Field
Whether you're shooting portraits, food or nature—indoors or outdoors—the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G VR (Vibration Reduction) lens renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. And its 105mm focal length is perfect for creating natural perspective in your photographs.
Capture Every Detail Shoot Tack-Sharp Portraits Every Time
Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare, while the AF-S NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G's Aspherical Lens Element (AS) virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberrations, even when shooting at the widest available aperture. Pair that with Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for fast, accurate and quiet autofocus, and you can be sure all of your portraits will be tack sharp.
Silent Wave Motor
AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM). This technology converts 'traveling waves' into rotational energy to focus the optics. This enables high-speed autofocusing that's extremely accurate and super quiet.
Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the center of the lens.
Super Integrated Coating
Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
Compare with similar items
Nikon AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Close-up Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Tokina AT-X 100mm f/2.8 PRO D Macro Lens for Nikon Auto Focus Digital and Film Cameras - Fixed
Sigma 258306 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Nikon DSLR Camera
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Tamron AFF017N700 SP 90mm F/2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro for Nikon Cameras (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Wiki Deals||SSE Photo & Video||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (FX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||manual-and-auto||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||auto-focus|
|Item Dimensions||4.57 x 3.27 x 3.27 in||2.56 x 2.72 x 2.72 in||2.87 x 2.87 x 3.74 in||5 x 3.07 x 3.07 in||2.09 x 2.83 x 2.83 in||4.6 x 4.5 x 4.5 in|
|Item Weight||1.74 lbs||0.52 lb||1.26 lbs||2.5 lbs||6.61 ounces||1.4 lbs|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||Prime lens||macro||Prime lens||Prime lens||macro|
|Maximum Aperture||2.8||2.8||32 in||f/2.8||f/1.8||f/2.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||105 millimeters||40 millimeters||100||105 millimeters||50 millimeters||90|
|Minimum Aperture||32||22||2.8 in||22||16||32|
|Minimum Focal Length||105 millimeters||40 millimeters||100||105 millimeters||50 millimeters||90|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||62 millimeters||52 millimeters||55 millimeters||62 millimeters||58 millimeters||62 millimeters|
Product description NIKON 105MM F2.8G VR MICRO (2160).Compatibility: G-type lenses are fully compatible with all current camera models (as of 01/04). The older camera models F4, N90/s, N70, N8008/s, N6000 will only work in Program and Shutter Priority modes. Note: VR feature will only work with Nikon's F6, F5, F100, N80, N75, N65, D100 & D1 and D2-series (or any newer model) cameras. Note: AF-S feature is not supported by certain camera models. Please click here for a list of compatible models. From the Manufacturer: This medium telephoto Micro lens is ideal for extreme close-up and portrait work with greater working distances and AF from infinity to life-size (1:1)The world’s first macro lens featuring Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile for all photographic situations Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance thorough the focus range High-resolution and high optical performance with Nano Crystal Coat and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements enhances overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations, contributing to improved color, contrast and clarityNon-rotating front design is convenient for use with circular polarizing filters and the R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System
From the Manufacturer
This medium telephoto Micro lens is ideal for extreme close-up and portrait work with greater working distances and AF from infinity to life-size (1:1)
- The world’s first macro lens featuring Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile for all photographic situations
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance thorough the focus range
- High-resolution and high optical performance with Nano Crystal Coat and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements enhances overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations, contributing to improved color, contrast and clarity
- Non-rotating front design is convenient for use with circular polarizing filters and the R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System
Safety WarningThis item is a Japanese domestic market version. There is no functional difference between Japanese and international version. User Guide/Manual: Only available in Japanese Camera menu interface: Only available in English and Japanese
Legal DisclaimerSERIAL #US6024226 FULL 14 DAY HASSLE-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE AND A 90 DAY PARTS AND LABOR WARRANTY
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My only regret was not getting this lens sooner.
Eventually I got used to the weight and my pictures started getting better and better. Now they are tack sharp, and the bokeh is to die for. If you get super close to something, you will have to put the lens on manual mode because it has trouble focusing. And you do not have to use a tripod with a bit of practice. The only thing I haven't mastered yet, is bees, and I'm getting better. They are fast! I've heard that it's a really good portrait lens too. I can't wait to try.
So don't let everyone saying it's too heavy, keep you from buying this lens. In the end you will not be sorry that you did.
There are certainly cheaper lenses that offer macro capability, but most of these lack the focal length necessary to shoot insects or other tiny subjects without having to get so close as to drive them away. This lens is just long enough (105mm, or really more like 160 if shooting on a DX mount as I am) to capture tiny scenes without disturbing them. That, and it is RAZOR sharp. This lens makes better use of VR than any other I've owned, allowing me to even (carefully, with both hands) shoot sharp handheld landscape shots on a gray, cloudy day. This is the only telescopic lens about which I would comfortably make that claim.
I saved for months to buy this lens, and as soon as it finally arrived I knew I had made the right choice. It is heavy, but also incredibly solid; if I can keep the glass clean and scratch-free, I expect it to keep churning out great shots for decades to come.
I haven't done any professional work with this lens yet, but I've been having a blast in the city taking macro shots of every little thing I find from puddles to potted plants. Great brand, amazing lens!