Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Fo..." and save 27% off the $199.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- F Mount Lens/DX Format
- 52.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to 22
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Rear Focusing; Manual Focus Override
- Lens not zoomable
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Photo Savings||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (FX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic||Screw drive from camera||Micro-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||2.76 x 2.09 x 2.76 in||2.5 x 2.5 x 1.54 in||2.8 x 3.27 x 2.8 in||2.72 x 2.56 x 2.72 in||3.15 x 2.87 x 3.15 in||2.83 x 2.83 x 2.83 in|
|Item Weight||7.05 ounces||5.47 ounces||0.66 lb||0.52 lb||0.77 lb||0.67 lb|
|Lens Type||standard-prime||Prime lens||Zoom lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens|
|Maximum Focal Length||35 millimeters||50 millimeters||200 millimeters||40 millimeters||85 millimeters||35 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||35 millimeters||50 millimeters||55 millimeters||40 millimeters||85 millimeters||35 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||52 millimeters||52 millimeters||55 millimeters||52 millimeters||67 millimeters||58 millimeters|
The AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G optical design allows a different look and feel to images taken with zoom lenses, and its dimensions are ideal for discrete snapshots and landscape shooting with a picture angle that approximates that of the human eye. With its rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening, out-of-focus elements appear more natural. When mounted on a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is the 35mm equivalent focal length of 50mm.what's in the box: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX Lens, HB-46 Bayonet Lens Hood for AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G, 52mm Snap-On Lens Cap, LF-1 Rear Lens Cap for F Mount Lenses, CL-0913 Soft Lens Case and 5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension).
From the Manufacturer
With a compact, lightweight design, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G provides the high reproduction capability and picture quality for which Nikkor lenses are renowned at an affordable price. The ring type SWM offers quiet AF operation. Although all lens groups shift during focusing, the front element and filter mount do not rotate and the barrel length does not change, which is useful when using filter mounted SB-R200 Wireless Remote Speedlight units.
The AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G optical design allows a different look and feel to images taken with zoom lenses, and its dimensions are ideal for discrete snapshots and landscape shooting with a picture angle that approximates that of the human eye. With its rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening, out-of-focus elements appear more natural. When mounted on a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is the 35mm equivalent focal length of 50mm.
The AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G has two focus modes, M/A (manual override autofocus) and M (manual focus). The M/A mode enables instant manual switching during AF operation. The lens also features a rubber seal to minimize moisture ingression around the mount and can focus down to 0.3 meters (0.98 ft).
AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Lens Highlights
- Fast, f/1.8 prime lens is perfect for low-light conditions, travel, environmental portrait and general photography
- Engineered for Nikon DX-format D-SLRS, the AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens renders a picture angle approximating the classic normal angle of view of a 50mm lens on a Nikon FXformat digital SLR or 35mm film camera
- Aspherical lens element minimizes coma and other types of lens aberrations, further improving image integrity
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers color consistency and reduced flare
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus
- Close focusing to 1 foot for creative perspectives and versatility
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- Accepts 52mm filter attachments
See all Product description
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also, a professional photographer friend of mine was using a 50mm on her Canon 5D Mark III and after looking at the pictures I wondered how she was able to fit so much into the frame while not having to back away dramatically. This was before I knew anything about crop sensor cameras, crop factors, full frame cameras, etc. The fact is that a 50mm lens on a full frame camera and the same lens on a crop sensor camera do not shoot the same way.
After some reading and investigating, I decided to pull the trigger and purchase this 35mm 1.8G lens. I got it, popped on the bayonet style lens good and started shooting. On a cropped sensor camera like the D90 (as well as the newer D7200, D7000, D3300, D3200, D5500, etc.) this lens shoots (with the 1.5x crop factor multiplier) works close to a 53mm equivalent. The results were immediate, I shoot in close quarters with kids, pets, bands and the ability to fit more in the frame was - liberating. I did not feel hampered by what I could or could not fit into the frame.
- Feels well built
- Comes packaged with carrying case, good cap, bayonet style lens hood
- Can fit more in the frame
- Captures crisp images with lots of detail
- Great in low light, maybe even better than the now older 50mm 1.8D (which by the way does not autofocus unless you have a camera with a focus motor built in)
- If I had a camera that did not have a focus motor built in, no problem, this lens has a focus motor built into it
- Focusing is SILENT - unlike the 50mm 1.8D, which hunts for focus and is noisy as hell
- Manual focus override: a switch on the side of the lens allows you to either manually focus the lens, or to allow for M/A, manual and autofocus. This comes in handy if you want to fine tune your focusing or when shooting video and do not want to rely on the focus motors to handle how and what you focus on as you pan through a scene
- The bokeh on the 35mm does not really compare to what I've been used to from the 50mm 1.8D. The Bokeh (quality of blurriness in the background when shooting wide open) simply does not look as good, but this is a relatively minor issue. That said, I may use this lens more as a street photo / on the go / all around lens and keep the 50mm 1.8D for portrait work or product shots exclusively
- There is some barrel distortion with this lens (which is when there is slight curve to the image from the center point to all edges) the effect is very slight and can very easily be corrected in photo editing software
Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. The lens came packaged very well, arrived exactly on time and in perfect condition. The images I have attached compare the older 50mm 1.8D alongside this lens, as well as the test shots. The shots are to show how much can fit in the frame using the 50mm lens (on a cropped sensor camera) in comparison to this 35mm 1.8G. I love the 50mm lens, I really do, but I needed more versatility and this 35mm lens gives me just that, the freedom to have a quasi-portrait lens as well as a great, fast, and sharp all around shooter. I look forward to what I will be able to do with this lens as I continue to hone my skills as a photographer.
Comparison images: If the object looks closer I took it with the 50mm lens. Same conditions used for every photo.
Update: I added a picture that I took on my second day of using the lens. Before I got this lens I had essentially stopped using my DSLR because the lens kit was so slow that I was always miss his smile.
came brand spanking new great condition, box was safe and secure. And the photos it produces are beautiful with amazing depth of field!!
Quick to focus, very versatile from landscapes to portraits to night photography. A very fun lens to use that challenges you to work on getting the angle or the distance you want since its a prime and doesn't give you the flexibility of zoom like the kit lens.
Overall I think this is a great first lens after a kit lens. Gives you much sharper images and really encourages you to become a better photographer, professional or enthusiast. You'll appreciate your shots that much more knowing you had to work a littler harder and get a little closer for them.
Most recent customer reviews
Duh, now I use this lens as my primary lens.Read more
Low light settings need to be adjusted to have higher iso.