Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 Riflescope (Matte, BDC)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on April 9, 2013
as a proffesional gunsmith I've used alot of scopes and for the cost the Nikon products are as good as scopes twice their price. I've used them on the hardest recoiling rifles and handguns and never had an issue. From my experience I would consider the Buckmaster to be equivelent to a VXII and the Monarch a VXIII.
on April 17, 2015
"The advertised model number (6421) and photograph depicting the item are of the older version of the Buckmaster with finger-operated turrets and better quality glass. What was sent was a new model of the Buckmaster with lesser quality glass and requiring a coin or screwdriver to operate turrets.

Buyer beware, the product number is not the same as listed on the page, this was not a buckmaster, only adjustment caps have the "Buckmaster" name on it, which means they can be added to any scope, the look and feel is compleatly different from a buckmaster (I have 3 others) the scope I received is NOT THE ONE SHOWN! You have been warned!! Do not but this scope
55 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2010
I put this on my young daughter's rifle, a .17 caliber Ruger 77/17 bolt action. I didn't want her feeling like she didn't get the quality scope her dad has. This being her first rifle, she sighted it in at 100 yds with a 3-shot group of 1/2". True sub-MOA. She loves it and she has learned to love shooting. I couldn't ask for anything more and this Nikon was the way to go. She made the scope adjustments herself sighting it in until her shots were hitting bullseye. It's a great scope, crystal clear, accurate, and easy to use.
on July 17, 2012
After trying some bargain priced scopes and being dissatisfied with their build quality and performance, I bought this and will never go back. Build quality is excellent, and optics are very clear and high contrast. After zeroing in at 100 yards it has held the setting rock solid, for over 40 shots using Federal Fusion 165gr. A perfect size for my Interarms Mark X .308. Use Nikon's "Spot On" website tool to calculate the distance for each BDC Dot based on your rifle and cartridge. Basically - if you are still trying to decide on a good deer rifle scope, just get one - you'll be glad.
on January 3, 2014
I have this scope on my Remington 700 chambered in .308. I zeroed this scope at 100 yards in February 2013 and have fired a couple hundred rounds since then with no trouble with the reticle or accuracy. It has been bounced around in the back of the truck and strapped across the 4-wheeler. Even after sitting unused for a couple of months I was able to hit a can of Tannerite (smaller than a 12oz can of your favorite beverage) at 110 yards with the first shot. I'm considering another one for my Ruger Mini 14 Tactical (if it looked tactical I would have already bought it).
on January 2, 2015
This is a terrific BDC scope and a great value - a perfect fit for my Remington 700 CDL (.270 caliber). I bought it for $129.00 in November 2014 (not from Amazon). Nikon recently discontinued the Buckmaster line but there is inventory still available on-line at great prices. Don't be concerned that this isn't Nikon's 'latest and greatest' for 2015. It was their 'greatest' for the previous few years and it isn't as if 3-9x40 scopes have changed much during the past 10 years.
on March 21, 2013
**If you would like to save yourself months of needless hassle I recommend reading the lower portion of this review**
The clarity of the glass is astounding for the price. I was easily seeing 6mm diameter holes in a piece of cardboard at 150yds on the only day I was able to use the scope. The second time out with it was on an early morning hunting trip. I had checked the zero the evening before and there was no issues. Got up before the sun and spent a few hours calling for some coyotes to no avail. Decided to let off a few rounds at a target 50yds away when we got back to the truck. Windage was off by six whole feet. Shot a variety of ammo between 50 and 100yds to check, POI remained the same every single time so I ruled out rifle, ammo, or scope mount problems. The rifle and scope were never dropped or mishandled at any point either. The only thing that I can imagine happened was that the cold weather (only about 20F), caused some type of internal breakage. I find that obviously unacceptable. Well thank goodness for a lifetime warranty with a multi-billion dollar company, right? WRONG! Going on 2 months and they just finally mailed me a letter that they have my scope 2 days ago. Still no end in sight. Here's an excerpt from my customer service review given I just finished writing...

"This is in reference to warranty issues with a Nikon Buckmaster rifle scope:
Great product, great price, great warranty, ATROCIOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE. I waited patiently for 4 weeks after sending in my rifle scope for warranty until I finally followed up with a question about its status. The online exchanges with a Nikon rep were vague, delayed, unhelpful, and a complete waste of my time. He requested a shipping receipt, I scanned it and sent it in, to which he replies he will be searching for it. EIGHT DAYS LATER he replies that he cannot read the numbers off of it. Are you kidding me? He went 8 days before even opening the attachment? The first time I called in I got chewed out by the rep that I need to be more patient because apparently 4 weeks with no correspondence is not significant for warranty issues. A week later I called in again and was on hold for almost 30 minutes for sport optics before it finally got bounced back to a nice lady who dealt with SLRs. She was unable to help but at least understanding to my frustration. She informed me that there was not a single representative working in the entire multi-billion dollar company who was able to help me with sport optics for the entirety of that day. How does this happen? Finally on Tuesday this week I received a letter by mail that the warranty department has my package. How does it take the better part of 2 months to send a letter 600 miles? I am a practicing engineer at a rapidly expanding research laboratory that has purchased $400k in various types of microscopes and other analyzing equipment, including several from Nikon, within the past 6 months. We just budgeted another $400k to spend on new microscopes in the upcoming 6 months. Guess who is going to vehemently oppose letting another red cent go towards a Nikon at every meeting? Yes, the lack of my future rifle scope purchases is a drop in the bucket, but you can only piss off so many people in the tech industry until you face serious repercussions."
77 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2015
bought new from gander mtn. had this scope on 3 different rifles cannot site it in at 50 yds. did nothing but waste ammo.took back to gander mtn. now have to deal with nikon.this scope is abig piece of s.... very dissatised will not purchase another nikon scope.
on December 23, 2013
So far so good. This scope doesn't require a "coin" to be used to adjust the reticle, which is great! You can zero this scope in a fraction of the time it takes you to zero a traditional scope, as you will not have to fumble around with a "coin" to make reticle adjustments.
on December 5, 2014
I've got these on all my Encore barrels. A really solid scope that won't break the bank. I really haven't had good luck with the cheap scopes whose names start with Ta or Bu... Get a scope that is deserving of your gun. Since I switched to the Buckmasters and Leupold dual dovetail one piece base and rings, never an issue with the scopes again.