YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Beauty & Grooming Book House Cleaning GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Oscar Central in Movies & TV Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 404 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 458 reviews
on May 3, 2012
I wanted to love this camera based on the other reviews, but it came up short for me. Because I do a lot of high-resolution scrapbooks and greeting cards featuring my kids, I needed a camera that could outshine the 8MP camera on my iPhone (and let's face it, the iPhone's zoom feature is a joke). 16MP was more than enough, and the pictures came out beautiful, but there's a fatal flaw on this camera I just can't ignore:

It's useless for children. My toddlers move -fast-, and the shutter speed on this camera is absolutely appalling. By the time the camera is able to capture the shot, the moment is completely lost and gone, and that's 50% of the reason I wanted a new camera (the MP resolution being the other 50%). At least now I know when I go to buy a different camera to watch for this feature. I find it incredible that my phone captures photos more instantaneously than a Nikon.

If all you take is still shots, this may be the camera for you. I was impressed with the photo quality, the make of the camera, the ease of use, and the controls. The zoom feature is great but again, much too slow to capture the nanosecond of time children are stationary. The 3" LCD is also very good quality and the auto-focus works very well. The auto scene settings are really all you need to create great photos.

All in all, this is a good, but not a great buy. I can't overlook the Achilles' heel of the ultra-slow shutter, but I would recommend this for someone who only needs still or landscape portraiture.

UPDATE 4/5/12: after returning this camera (thanks Amazon), I purchased the Panasonic DMC25K. Although about $35.00 separates these cameras, I was more than satisfied with my new purchase. The Panasonic's shutter speed, controls, and scene modes are far superior for such a small price difference. If you're shopping around with a little flexibility in price, I can't recommend the Panasonic DMC25K enough over this Nikon.
2121 comments| 619 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2012
When buying electronics on the internet you never really know what you're getting; sure the details of the device sound impressive but are they really, and is it the best deal possible with the constant progress in technology? (Hopefully this review will answer those questions.)

The Nikon Coolpix L26 is simply an excellent camera for an excellent price. 16 mega pixels make the photo clear and crisp; good for landscapes, amateur photography, and candid photos. The 5x Zoom is adequate and suits the camera very well. Best of all, the camera is very easy to use and because its battery operated all you need to do is insert the batteries and a memory card and you're good to go.

In conclusion if you want a good camera for a low price that's pretty idiot proof this is the one for you and apparently is for me as well.
22 comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2012
Received this camera about a month ago, and even though it is a point and shoot camera, there are a lot of options to learn, so I am taking the time to do just that! I actually read the instructions (downnloaded the PDF manual)and fleshing it out...the 3" screen was the main draw to this camera, as was the price-under $120.00, and the simple controls that sit just right of the screen....also the fact I can use regular AA batteries and/or rechargeable...comes in 3 choices of finish-red, black or silver. Good documentation available...Nice camera for the price!
44 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2012
I truly deeply LOVE this camera; it is sooo easy to use and the quality is there. It even lets you select the final size of your photos in pixels. Uploading pictures is a PLEASURE, NOTHING COMPLICATED IN USING IT, unlike other digitals. It is truly a point and shoot camera! I take photos of fast moving puppies and it keeps up with them, no blurs! I recommend it to all! The price was more than worth it without having to spend thousand(s) of dollars. It is meant for the amateur photographer and is simply an absolute VERY TRUE JOY to use! I can't say enough about this VERY excellent camera. Wish I had had it years ago, but maybe it would not be the excellent camera it is today! This is the VERY best digital camera I have ever used and meets all my needed requirements, especially for the puppies in picture taking! It replaces the KODAK cameras I have used over the last 11 years with Kodak now going out of business in this area anyway. I recommend it to all amateurs, well worth the money which is not that much.
55 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2012
There was too long of a delay between pressing the button and the picture being taken. And that was when it worked. Sometimes we had to press the button two or three times before it would take a picture. Then, when it did take a photo, it wouldn't let us take another one right away. We had to wait several seconds before it was possible to take a second shot. Very frustrating. Picture quality wasn't very good either. We sent our camera back to Amazon and got a refund. Yeah, Amazon. Boo, Nikon.
44 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2012
What a great little camera. Point and shoot and the picture quality is fantastic. Large view field for those needing glasses. I love it
on July 19, 2012
The camera took fantastic photographs---when it felt like working. Starting a few days after I purchased it, the lens would refuse to open when I turned the camera on. "Lens error" would flash on the screen and it was impossible to operate the camera in that state. The only way to solve this problem was to remove the batteries, replace them, then turn the camera back on. This is not something I would expect from a brand-new camera. When I called Amazon, the customer support department was very helpful and professional. They instructed me to call Nikon, whose customer service department was terrible. The representative told me to "just" remove the batteries and replace them each time the lens error occurred. The company did not seem concerned that a brand-new camera would already have such a problem. I would not consider buying a Nikon again. The quality of the camera was very poor to the point of equipment failure and customer service was abysmal.
on October 11, 2012
I got this camera for two reasons, I love my regular Nikon and the price was great. However, when I got the camera, I was very disapointed. Right from the start I got a Lens Error when I was turned the camera on. I had brought the camera with me to a fair with my family and was disappointed because I was only able to take a few pictures because I got the Lens Error message every other time I tried to turn the camera on. When I did get to take a picture, it took so long to resent that I missed some great shots. Sadly, I just make my first Amazon return. Back to the drawing board.
on April 7, 2012
This is a great camera, very easy to use. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend this product.
on June 9, 2012
I took this camera on vacation to Niagara Falls and was sorely disappointed. After taking several pictures I got a "battery depleted" message and the camera shut off. I missed a lot of great pictures until I replaced the batteries. Then I took a few more pictures and it shut off again telling me the battery was depleted again! It also told me the memory card was full, which was impossible. I was very upset with this camera and returned it for a refund.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.