Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon COOLPIX S6200 16 MP Digital Camera with 10x ..." and save 86% off the $229.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nikon COOLPIX S6200 16 MP Digital Camera with 10x Optical Zoom NIKKOR ED Glass Lens and HD 720p Video (Black)
|Price:||$234.99 & FREE Shipping|
- 10x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens in a compact body design
- 16 effective megapixel CCD sensor and VR image stabilization for sharp, clear stills and movies
- One-touch HD (720p) movie recording with optical zoom and stereo sound (HDMI mini connector equipped)
- Add creative touches to your photos and movies
- 20 Scene modes make picture taking point and shoot easy
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$3.99||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Blue Sky Co.||Amazon.com||BisonTech||Issaquah Highlands Tech||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Screen Size||2.7 in||2.7 in||3 in||3 in||2.7 in||3 in|
|Item Dimensions||1.02 x 3.66 x 2.28 in||3.67 x 1.05 x 2.37 in||0.9 x 3.81 x 2.26 in||1.14 x 3.74 x 2.36 in||3.8 x 0.9 x 2.2 in||3.08 x 4.47 x 3.74 in|
|Item Weight||5.6 ounces||4.16 ounces||5.12 ounces||5.76 ounces||4.9 ounces||1.19 lbs|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||16 megapixels||16 megapixels||16 megapixels||—||12 megapixels||16 megapixels|
|Video Capture Resolution||1280 x 720p (30fps), 640 x 480 (30fps)||1280 x 720 pixels||1920 x 1080 (60i, 30p), 1280 x 720 (30p), 640 x 480 (120 fps)||1280 x 720||1280 x 720 (25 fps), 640 x 480 (29.97 fps)||1080p (30 fps)|
|Viewfinder||None||LCD||None||None||fixed LCD||flexible LCD|
Enjoy the high-performance S6200, a 10x optical zoom COOLPIX S-series model incorporating advanced functions in a refined design. The S6200 is a stylish model that, despite being equipped with a 10x optical zoom NIKKOR lens, has a slim, compact and elegant body. In addition to offering excellent basic performance with superior image quality and high-speed response, the S6200 is equipped with four features less noise at high sensitivities, Motion detection function, lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function, flash control system that enable capture of beautiful nighttime shots. The S6200 is also equipped with a hand-held/tripod night landscape detection function that enables it to automatically distinguish between hand-held shooting and shooting with the camera mounted on a tripod to provide the optimum response to shooting conditions regardless of lighting levels, making successful capture of blur-free night landscapes even easier. What's more, Special effects mode for shooting and Filter effects for editing photos already taken allow you to create artistic photos and movies never before possible.
Storage media Internal memory (approx. 74 MB), SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card ISO sensitivity ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 Auto (auto gain from ISO 80 to 1600) Fixed range auto (ISO 80 to 400, 80 to 800) Interface Hi-Speed USB HDMI output Can be selected from Auto, 480p, 720p, and 1080i Power sources One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied) AC Adapter EH-62F (available separately) Dimensions(WxHxD) Approx. 93.0 x 56.7 x 25.4 mm Dimensions(WxHxD) Approx. 93.0 x 56.7 x 25.4 mm / Weight Approx. 160 g (including battery and SD memory card) Supplied accessories Camera Strap, Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12, Charging AC Adapter EH-69P, USB Cable UC-E6, A/V Cable EG-CP16, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM
From the Manufacturer
Among the slimmest 10x zoom compact cameras available today, the Nikon COOLPIX S6200 will amaze you with versatility, image quality and style. Your on-the-go moments with family and friends will be saved in an instant as high-resolution, 16.0-MP photos and HD (720p) movies with stereo sound. Touch a button and shoot frame after frame—whether near or far—with a powerful10x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens. Then add creative special effects using in-camera features and watch your viewers marvel at your photos on the S6200's large 2.7-inch display or when connected to an HDTV.
Big reach in a small package
10x zoom in an ultra compact design
The S6200 goes everywhere to capture the moments of your life—a child's first smile or a beautiful sunset over the mountains. Despite its slim profile (approximately 1-inch thin), the S6200 boasts a powerful 10x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens with a highly versatile zoom range. Capture stunning close-up portraits one moment, then zoom in even further to make an HD (720p) movie of your kids passing by in the Main Street parade. Carry the S6200 wherever you go and bring the smiles closer.
Brilliantly record every moment
Stunning detail and sharpness
See life differently with the S6200's advanced EXPEED C2 image processing capability. Zoom in and rest assured that its 16.0-megapixel CCD image sensor has clearly captured every freckle on your child's face. And with precision NIKKOR optics and VR image stabilization, even shots you take while chasing after your toddler will be priceless. You're on the run grabbing all those special moments, and the S6200 will keep up. Family memories last a lifetime if you trust them to Nikon.
Put memories in motion
HD (720p) movies with stereo sound
If you haven't been saving memories with movies, get started now with the S6200. With a single touch of a button, you'll capture every sight and sound of a baby's first steps, a bride's first kiss or the laughter over a friend's most embarrassing moment in HD (720p) with stereo sound. The S6200's powerful 10x zoom lets you bring the action closer for dramatic close-ups. Then plug the mini HDMI connector into an HDTV and easily share those moments. It's your life—start putting memories in motion.
Add your creative touch
One-touch selectable shooting effects
It's easy to add pizzazz to your photos and movies. Touch a button and get creative by shooting in black and white, a soft sepia for a nostalgic mood, high key or even low key. The S6200 does all the work, so you don't have to spend any time using special processing software later on. And you'll love incorporating filter effects such as fisheye, soft focus or even miniaturization. Unleash your creative side and experiment with all the creative tools the S6200 offers. Start spicing up your world.
Un-complicate your life
Convenient features for optimal shooting
Your life is complicated; your camera shouldn't be. With the S6200, just point and shoot to capture the smiles—near and far. With the help of 18 scene modes, including Auto Scene Selector and Nikon's amazing Smart Portrait System, you'll never have to guess how to configure the camera to an environment. Just aim on a grin and the S6200 does all the work for you. It automatically sets the optimum Scene Mode, finds and focuses on the face, fixes red eye and even warns you if your subject blinks! The S6200 keeps photography fun, easy and enjoyable.
Steady even when you’re not
The S6200's Vibration Reduction (VR) Image Stabilization features automatically reduce the streaky images associated with shaky cameras.
Strength in numbers
You'll always get a great shot with Nikon's Best Shot Selector. Press the shutter once, and the S6200 takes up to ten shots and then selects and saves only the sharpest image.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I took this camera on a 10 day road trip to Disneyland and San Diego, I took several hundreds pictures with it and something like 30 videos so my review is based on this experience.
- size. its small enough to carry with you yet beefy enough to use with big hands, as far as P&S go, this is a great size, in comparison, the new Canons are just too small for big hands.
- fast autofocus (instant when outdoors).
- scenes work (but read cons).
- battery life for photo taking is not horrible.
- absolutely horrible battery life when taking video. If you take three five minute videos, prepare to not have a full day of battery, taking video EATS the battery.
- scene mode: They take too long to select and you cant change the ISO on them, which means you'll get grainy pictures.
- flash: it really is too underpowered, you cant take a family photo 4 feet from the camera at night, true, you can fix it later, but, still, flash could be WAY better.
- 16M photo size: When using this size, the write speed to the card is horrendous, almost unusable for some of us (even with top of the line sd cards), my recommendation, use the 12M setting, the size is big enough for big prints and you get good write speeds.
- charging trough USB. I prefer taking out a battery than removing a rubber gasket to connect a usb cable., however, it charges pretty fast.
- odd focusing; I don't know if this is an issue with MY camera, but mine back focuses too much, (back focusing refers to: you focus on someone's faces, the focus point shows where it focused but then the focus point on the photo is actually behind the point you wanted, making the photo unusable)
- lack of photo info: when taking a photo, it doesnt show you what ISO was used when using Scenes, which means you have to zoom into the pic to see if its usable, this is a big flaw in my opinion.
- This is not a P7100 or a Canon G12, this is a basic P&S that does one thing good, be basic (and the price proves it). Do not expect to be blown away by the quality of the pictures unless you took them outdoors and forced the ISO to be 200 or below, everything else will be good enough pictures. Would I recommend it? I guess I will with the caveats I mentioned, with the case logic travel case you can put it on your belt and have it with you all the time, thats a big bonus. Case Logic TBC-302 Ultra Compact Camera Case with Storage (Black)
UPDATE: Tips & Tricks:
- Two scenes work really good: Night Landscape & Sports (outdoors), the rest, not so much.
- Change the photo size to 12M, it gives you a 4000 x 3000 sized picture, enough for most size prints, and the camera feels way faster with that setting on.
- ISO 200 is really clean, if you can, leave it there, ISO 400 is not as good.
> excellent exposure under most conditions, color balance very good
> works well in low light without flash
> fast focus, reasonably quick recycle time
> excellent menu, limited of course by lack of manual controls
> excellent battery life
> nice wide angle lens with good zoom range, useful for both party and travel scenarios.
Suggest purchase of external charger and second battery since included charger only works with the battery in the camera.
I am very happy with this camera. It is better than several higher-end cameras I've owned due to their exposure, focusing or low-light problems, none of which are a problem in this camera. I would suggest this camera to a friend.
This camera works wonderfully in most settings. It is definitely easy to use and the menus feel very intuitive to me. It's easy to change scenes or use different flash settings. I have not used it to take video, so can't comment at all on that functionality.
The only times that I've run into any problems are in very low-light situations, especially if trying to take a photo from some distance away - the flash doesn't reach more than a few feet, resulting in photos that are very grainy and dark. Also, every so often the camera won't focus on the specific thing that I'm aiming at, making it necessary to make sure that I'm taking at least a few shots of anything that I want to make sure to capture. Honestly, that's something I would do normally anyway, just to ensure I don't miss a critical shot though.
For most purposes (mine are taking family photos indoors or on-the-go) this camera works perfectly well and I'm very happy with the purchase.
The main reason for my return was the fact that it didn't even last 1 hour before running out of battery.
It only records up to 30 minutes, and doesn't continue recording. (you have to start another recording after 30 minutes)
I thought that I could keep a charging cord plugged into the camera so as not to run out of battery, but found that it would shut off completely, so it could charge.
It's great for taking photos, but not an ideal video camera