Best kids' books of February Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shop for your business Starting at $39.99 Beauty & Grooming Deals and savings in Woodworking Book House Cleaning _moa _moa _moa  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Hacksaw GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 636 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 708 reviews
on May 11, 2013
The camera exceeded my expectations. I actually was able to take pictures of people moving without the picture coming out blurry. Also the quality of the picture is so beautiful.
0Comment| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2013
I must have been one of the very few hold outs for getting a digital camera, but since it has become nearly impossible to find a film developing establishment, I decided now is the time to take that leap.

Just got this little gem and have been getting acquainted with all its features. For it's size, it seems to do just about everything except wash windows. Very impressed. The set up was easy and for me a pretty low learning curve was involved to get the camera in working order...Do like how easy it is to set the exposure and also to be able to turn off the flash. Zoom and wide angle settings are excellent, and I really do like the ability to take Macro shots. So far my captures have sharp detail.

The only draw back I can see at this point is someone with large hands (a big guy perhaps) might find the function buttons difficult to manipulate since they are on the small side. That aside, if you are a casual photographer and are in the market for a digital camera, this is one heck of a camera for the price.
0Comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 20, 2013
Easy-to-use, takes wonderful photos and I love the color. I got this for my aunt and it has made her photos look like a professional :)
on June 24, 2013
I previously owned a Nikon Coolpix and loved it. One day it just died. this is a wonderful replacement. Accidently ordered 2 and intended to send one back. My husband looked at my pics and decided he wanted it because it has a much better photo quality than the camera he was using.
on June 27, 2013
Very easy to learn to use, slipped memory card and batteries in, turned it on and I was shooting pictures. Having fun zooming in and out. Love the purple color and slim profile. Fits well even in the smallest purse. Will go everywhere with me. I recommend this for anyone!
on October 17, 2013
After 5 weeks, my camera stopped working (lens wouldn't open). I sent it in, and received an email that the work would be covered by warranty. All good. Then, I received an email saying the camera was damaged and repair wasn't covered. I called and told them it had been returned in new condition--they agreed to send a picture (I thought maybe damage had occurred in shipping). They sent a photo showing a tiny scuff mark on the back of the camera and said due to that, it wasn't covered. It makes no sense and has nothing to do with the motor to the lens going out. I never dropped or damaged the camera, but guess what the cost is to repair? Exactly the same as a new camera. DO NOT BUY THIS CAMERA. I thought NIkon was a reputable brand, but this smacks of fraud. Also, the pictures it took before breaking were not high quality and often blurry.
55 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2013
The size and portability of this camera is really the main reason for buying it. It takes fantastic pictures and is so small it is not noticeable unless you use the flash.
on October 2, 2013
I bought this camera for my parents, who are in their early 60's. They are not what you would call 'early adapters' and wanted something that was simple to figure out. This camera is great for quick picture taking and sharing, and definitely meets their needs. They have been really happy with the picture quality and ease of use. I have yet to hear any complaints that they cannot figure it out!
on October 3, 2013
I'm an avid photographer, in no way an amateur, and have owned many cameras over the years. I probably upgrade about once every 1-2 years. I chose this one because it was under a hundred bucks which was a great price. I also liked the upgrade from my 16 megapixel to this 20 megapixel. However, this is the SLOWEST camera I've ever used! It takes 10-15 seconds between pictures to be able to take another one, which almost defeats the purpose of taking a picture. After taking another reviewer's advice, who suggested using a name brand or higher quality memory card might fix the problem with the slowness, it DID help with that issue a little bit. It at least made the wait time between photos a little less frustrating.

After using this camera at Thanksgiving this evening, between all the trouble I had taking the photos to begin with and after getting home and seeing the photos on my computer, I just had to come back here to downgrade my original 3 star rating to a 1 star. We took photos outside around sunset, while there was still plenty of light. Between me and several other people using the camera, every person had issues with it not only being slow, but all the photos kept coming out blurry. Flash on, flash off, it didn't matter (I've never had a camera that took blurry photos with the flash on!). I tried several different settings- auto mode, indoor mode, night mode, sunset mode- the quality of the photos stayed about the same. I just could NOT get them to stop turning out blurry, and everyone was so frustrated we just gave up on taking photos altogether. After putting the photos on my computer, the quality of the photos was surprisingly horrible. They were very blurry, grainy, and either too flashy or too dark. The photos I cropped to bring the subjects of the photos in closer looked like the quality of photos my phone takes! On top of that, the 1 or 2 photos that managed to come out decent enough not to delete had white spots all over the photo- like water spots, or "ghost spots." Very disappointing :(.

This was my first try at owning a Nikon, and I can say with certainty I will never be owning one again. I will be reselling this one and I have ordered a Canon to replace it, which I should have done to begin with. I honestly don't think this camera is worth giving a try, even if you get it at a bargain price.
on November 16, 2013
This will be a long review, spread out over my usage - I know I desperately looked around for detailed reviews while buying cameras and so I will pay it forward by sharing of my experience.
11/17/2013: Just got the camera, it looks exactly as its described and on first glance, it seems great. However, on first glance these are the issues - doesn't seem to have a manual mode, unlike my older Canon Powershot SD630 and my newer Canon Powershot SD790 digital elph. What it does have is an 'Auto' mode, a 'Scene Selection' mode with a no. of various 'scenes' such as night, portrait, landscape etc., a 'Special Effects' mode for selecting options like vivid color, high key, sepia, black and white etc. and lastly a 'Smart Portrait' mode where it automatically detects a smile on a face in focus and activates the shutter by itself. (Details on the manual - I am sure you can download it elsewhere). In flash mode, if you set a different color balance other than sunlight, it does not auto compensate and gives a bluish tint if using the flash in other light conditions. The 7x zoom is the prime reason I bought it for, but haven't yet had a chance to fully test it out. More later.

12/25/2012
I have used the camera for slightly over a month. Pl see the pics I uploaded. The following are my observations:
a. Time lag between start-up and first shot is slightly high, compared to my Canon SD790 model. It seems to take some time to focus.
b. Again, focus issue - sometimes in the middle of a series of shots, it just seems to get lost. The shutter will need to be kept pressed for a few seconds and released, before it responds and focusses again.
c. Not having a manual mode and always having to work with preset settings is quite annoying. Again, my slightly 'dumber' Canon SD790 or the older SD660 had a sort of manual mode that gives more flexibility.
d. Picture quality is good, though not noticeably better because of the 20.1MP.
e. I have noticed that low-light pictures invariably have shake and blur, even pictures taken on twilight conditions have movement blurs. There seems to be image stabilization (I can see the icon) but have not been able to find a way to switch it on or off. Took some pictures under night condition and was not too impressed with the result. Again, the Canons performed better.
f. I used this to take a series of macro shots of comic books that I was listing on eBay. Under daylight conditions, these shots were great (with a tendency to blur), but under artificial light conditions (tungsten/fluorescent) the AWB color correction was off, as was the focus. Loads of blur. Increasing the ISO from 100 to 200 and then to 400 lead to significant increase in noise.
g. I honestly don't like the preset scenes and would prefer a simpler way of just taking pictures with auto focus. There is a tendency of over compensating, with excess light (over exposures) and color balance.

All in all its a good camera but not an absolutely great one. I feel its a great camera for people who want fully automatic settings, but since I prefer having fiddle room, that's not too good for me.
Perhaps I am not doing something right. If so, would appreciate any advise via comments.
More later

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.