Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 23, 2015
I bought this camera so I could have something to take pictures with abroad, since I didnt want to carry my phone around. Overall, the camera does what it needs to do: take pictures. I have had a Nikon Coolpix in the past and a Canon Powershot, and overall I think the other ones I had were better than this one. The main issue I have with this camera is that it is 'slow.' It is slow to take pictures, slow to get ready to take another picture and slow to view the pictures. If you are someone who wants to take action shots, I would definitely not suggest this camera. Even with the sport mode on, it is pretty slow. The quality of the pictures is good, but I am not sure they are any better than my iPhone 6 photos.

I bought this camera used, so maybe I have a faulty one that takes slow pictures. If that is not the case, I would suggest this camera for someone who wants a simple point-and-shoot and maybe does not want to use a phone to take pictures. Other than that, I would not necessarily recommend it.
3 people found this helpful
on December 11, 2016
This camera is great, and it was a bargain at $65. Make sure you guys comb through the listings from individual sellers, and through different colors. When I bought mine, the purple ones are actually going for massively less than the black and silver. If you can live with a camera in a color that isn't black or silver, you might be able to save a few dollars.
3 people found this helpful
on April 6, 2018
Very easy to use. Works well. I like the zoom in and zoom out button on the top of the camera, this comes in very handy. The only thing I don't like is that if you are taking a few pictures in a row, there is lag as with most digital cameras but the pictures come out blurry. It doesn't have that sharpness and getting the picture all set up where it is very sharp can take longer than expected. If you are only taking one picture and have the time to set it all up the pictures come out very crisp and sharp. Trying to take pictures of my son's soccer games a lot of the pictures came out blurry because it's not a point and shoot camera. I like Nikon quality and will probably purchase another Nikon, but I will get one next time that I can take multiple pictures faster.
on December 30, 2013
This particular camera was purchased as a gift and will be given on New Year's day. I did purchase one for myself about 18 months ago and have liked it very much. I did find that the number of features slows me down a little and I am confident that I don't get full value out of them. One feature that I discovered by accident is that you can pick the focus/light spot by tapping on the touchscreen and in about 3 seconds it will take a picture with that as the focal point and the light and/or flash suitable for that spot. That is a feature that I frequently use but did not discover in the quick reference guide. I just wish I had time to sit down and read the whole manual while being able to put it to use at the same time - that just hasn't happened - my fault, not the camera's.

The story on this purchase is that my daughter forgot to bring her camera at thanksgiving so I let her use mine. The basic operation is intuitive and she was taking pictures in minutes without any reference to the manual at all. She liked her pictures so I bought her one for Christmas. Her previous camera does not have drivers for Windows 7 and she did not have a card reader to get the pictures on to her computer. I am confident she will like the camera.

One small thing is that I felt the camera overexposed a little on both natural light and flash. It is possible to set an offest for either mode independently. I set it to underexpose by about 3/4 of a stop and now like the pictures I get. I realize that exposure to some extent is a matter of taste. I have been told by photographers much smarter than myself that underexposed photos can be repaired, overexposed photos can not. I don't do any of this repair so it really shouldn't matter to me but if I ever got the time to work with one of the photo analysis programs I would have pictures I can work with.
One person found this helpful
on September 2, 2013
I purchased the Nikon Coolpix S4300 because I previously used a Nikon Coolpix L6 model. I was completely satisfied with the previous model. The newer model has some major improvements that make this camera a very good choice. The best part of these Nikon Coolpix line of digital cameras is the battery life when compared to other cameras! These models perform much longer than most any other camera I have tried. The quality of the photos are very professional. Don't be fooled by the price ....this model works very well consistently just like the previous Nikon Coolpix that I had for nearly ten years. It is nice and compact. Amazon.com continuously selects the best models for nearly every item they sell. Another good reason to buy from Amazon.com is the competitive pricing and the lightning-fast delivery after the sale. I highly recommend this item to everyone who reads this testimonial. If you are in the market for a quality digital camera, I honestly believe that this model will perform to your highest expectations!
One person found this helpful
on June 23, 2013
I'm glad I purchased this camera. Almost didn't because of some of the bad reviews. The touch screen is awesome on this camera. It comes with a stylus for you to use.. You can't use it like a cell phone touch screen.. You HAVE to use the stylus or your fingernail. It takes excellent pictures outside.. I'm still learning how to use it I've only had it for a short time. I'm planning on practicing until October and then I'm taking it with me to Bermuda.. Hopefully I will have worked out all the kinks by then.

All in all, awesome camera I would recommend, especially for the money.
2 people found this helpful
on August 16, 2013
For someone who wants to carry a camera in their pocket so they can catch photos on the fly, this is a great little pocket camera.
It has good clarity and does great macro shots which is what I use it for. It can also take pictures in low light without the flash and
they come out amazingly clear. It is easy to use, easy to understand and very convenient. Can't go wrong for a small camera and the price is nice as well. I would suggest an extra battery so you can have a spare for long days of shooting because you have to charge the battery while in the camera and that puts you out of commission for a while. You need to be able to charge at night when you are not using the camera.
on December 27, 2013
I have been fighting with this camera for a year now. My images are constantly blurry. I have tried every setting offered. The view will be clear and as soon as I click it, the lens blurs as it snaps. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I think perhaps mine is defective, but I kept thinking it was a setting issue. I don't live in the US, so easy return was not an option. I just kept hoping I'd figure it out. It is generally easy to operate and has several functions. But, it takes terrible pictures. And, no, it is not my unsteady hand. I get great pictures with the cheap camera i bought my daughter at the same time I bought this. If you are looking to buy a point and shoot, buy one at a store over the counter from a person who can demonstrate it. Then takes lots of pics in those first days and, if you get bad ones, don't assume it is a setting.
on May 7, 2012
I am a professional photographer and have been looking for a little point and shoot to carry around for convenience. I want quality....but I do understand that any point and shoot is going to have some limitations. It's wonderful to be able to grab the camera and shoot away without having to worry about settings. The exposure compensation and scene modes will give you what you need for everyday fun photos. I might even consider using this camera as a second camera for some of my professional photography. I spent quite a lot of time researching point and shoots. I have Nikon professional cameras, so I do lean a little toward Nikon. My daughter just purchased a pretty pricey Canon point and shoot..her pictures are below standard in my opinion compared to what I am able to capture with this little camera.

Of course, you do have shutter lag....that's just a point and shoot....For the money this is a great little camera. Thank you Nikon :-)
235 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on January 25, 2015
After only 1 year owning this camera, I am going to buy another one since most of my pictures from the last year were ruined and blurry from this camera. I am so tired of reviewing my photos, only to see that they are all blurry, and I wasted my time. The outdoor pictures are decent, but there is no way to get a sharp looking picture indoors with this camera. I am very disappointed with the image quality. I don't think I even got one good photo of my new puppy that was blurry or fuzzy. So disappointing. I feel like I wasted my money.