Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Stocking Stuffers Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on October 13, 2012
With the only review available, it was a little bit tough in making a decision buying the s800c, with it being the first phone with an Android operating system inside. Even though it is only running android version 2.3 (Gingerbread), it's smooth as hell, and sometimes you will forget that this was originally a camera. I caught myself treating it like my Samsung Epic Touch 4G, and with that note, taking pictures is so easy and once you take a picture, you can run any photo editing app (Instagram for one), and do whatever you gotta do right there on the spot. Why didn't they think of this sooner??? I think that cameras are deserving of an operating system, and in this case, the s800c runnign Android is a match made in Heaven!

Now that I have the camera, I do not know why the above reviewer got a 'grey market' item. Crutchfield.com makes a big fuss about how they DO NOT sell grey/gray market items, and this Nikon was up for sale on their site. So I took the plunge here on Amazon, and could not been happier. I was researching cameras for about a year before actually buying one, and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. I heard that the Galaxy Camera will come out soon, but I believe that it will be tied to a carrier.

In any case, as long as you are not an elitist photographer, this sexy little beast (mines white) will satisfy. Picture quality is good and especially in low light conditions. Lot's of fun modes, but now this is moot because now you have access to the Google Play store, in which a lot of photo editing apps are available. I really recommend Picsay Pro though. It reminds me more of photoshop than the actual photoshop app does lol!

October1 16, 2012 - I can't leave this cammera alone!!! First time ever that I spend or put so much attention into a camera lol! This camera is a GO! Go get it!
44 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2012
I researched cameras for about a year preparing for our family trip to Maui. I was so tired of looking at specifications and reading reviews. My wife wanted a compact, I wanted quality and we both worried about over paying for a item that will sit ideal for 95% of the time. Coolpix camera and Nikon delivered and while the negative reviews items may be a concern to some, the camera features are awesome. Took 1100+ pictures in 5 days and only 8 deletes, due to the fact I forgot the feature of touching the viewer snaps a picture. Wireless upload to phone cool, battery life accurately described but never was an issue. Thanks for saving me $500+ on a purchase and about 5+ lbs of luggage. Nikon Rocks.
on November 8, 2012
I have used this camera for 3 weeks by now. Overall the camera is outstanding. Android functionality, lots of android photo apps that can be used with the camera. Images are fine with the point and shoot shortcomings. Having a CMOS sensor helps. I have used many GPS equipment before and like a smartphone, you turn it on in Android Location Services. When in camera mode, you also turn GPS On the Nikon Software settings. So far so good. Now the bad part. When taking the picture with a very good satellite reception with 5 - 6 satellites above your head, the camera does write the correct Latitude, but the Longitude that it records in the photo EXIF data is just plain wrong. I take pictures in Florida, USA, and when I put the photos on google map or google earth, it shows me I took the picture in CHINA ????, on all photos it never fails !!!!,
While in the Android Mode of the camera, when connected to wifi also, I do get a correct position on the map.
I sent for a replacement from Amazon, which was prompt, and the second camera also has the same issue. I will keep the camera for all the other good features, but definetely the is a Let Down
coming out from NIKON.
on November 15, 2012
This camera is a real novelty. You can download some really awesome Android apps and make some high quality images - much better than cell phones. I have to say, though, that there are not as many controls as I thought a camera of this price point should have. You can adjust the exposure some (+/-), but you cannot change color balance, flash intensity/output, etc. that you can with even a sub $200 non-Android Nikon. It's good, but I'll wait till generation 2 or generation 3 or generation 4 before I re-invest in this technology. Also, the touch screen is EXTREEEEEMELY sensitive to scratches - no matter how careful you are, so I recommend a screen protector B4 you even put the battery in.
on October 21, 2012
This is a perfect gadget camera inspiring me with Android OS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth function.
I tried to use this as Digital camera and MP3 player during my jogging with my Bluetooth headphone because there is no headphone plug in.
First 20 minutes it was working perfectly as I wanted. I shoot many impressive images on the street while I was listening to music but the battery started to weakning so fast and died within 1 hour.
Maybe, it is not designed using such way I attempted. But thanks to tons of application software, I can't resist to try many ways to enjoy this
Wi-Fi function is very convenient as this camera alone can upload new photos to SNS without using PC or Smartphone, which is convenience.
There is no doubt that quality of photo image is amazing and it is much better than those taken by Smartphone embedded camera as this is real digital camera.
on November 8, 2012
I am preparing to return my second S800c. It has two major issues, same as the first one I purchased, which are:

Wifi functionality: The wifi just doesn't work half the time on this thing. It will say I'm out of range from my home network when I'm in the room with my router and the wifi will just randomly shut itself off. The only way to get it to reconnect is to restart the camera, even then it won't resume connection after being woken out of standby.

SD card functionality: The camera randomly tells me the SD card is "Unable to be used" in camera mode or "Contains nothing or is not formatted" in Android mode. I've tried two cards, a Sandisk and a Samsung that work fine in both my other cameras. Even after formatting the card, the camera will still randomly reject it.

I really wanted this thing to work. I think the idea is great, but it is essentially nonfunctional.

* Looks like the 1.1 firmware update will fix the issues I had.
on November 14, 2012
Item isn't ready for prime time yet. Freezes, locks up and is slow to react. Camera does take good pictures but that's about it.
Battery life is horrible. want to set a password for it? Don't forget you need to unlock it before getting into it to do simple functions.
Nikon you can do better!

Pass for now!
on January 5, 2016
I give this product to Stars because the main screen shuts off when you plug it in. 1 time it turned on the red light just randomly comes on and it stuck in camera mode and you can't power it back and it stuck there and you can bring the lens back in. That's what stinks about the camera when you charging wrong with the right charger. I am planning to get this fixed buy a camera place that fixes camera but I hope it doesn't do this again.
on March 27, 2013
camera is not work as it should,pictures will not download to facebook.
The android feature does not work or stay connected to the internet.
They need to fix a lot of problems before I would suggest buying one.
on November 5, 2013
The idea of a android camera is great. However, it seems they have a way to go to perfect this technology. After several attempts with Nikon customer service, they ended up blaming a wrong brand memory card, wifi wouldn't work if the camera was less than 80% charged, and finally my new ipad for its failure to send pictures. It did work one time - the first time I tried it, and I was excited to have the ability to email pictures. Alas, it never sent another picture and I had to return the camera and will wait until this technology is perfected.

Amazon customer service and returns are GREAT!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.