Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon COOLPIX AW110 Wi-Fi and Waterproof Digital C..." and save 32% off the $249.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Nikon COOLPIX AW110 Wi-Fi and Waterproof Digital Camera with GPS (Blue) (OLD MODEL)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 16 MP 1/2.3" CMOS sensor
- 28-140mm equivalent F3.9-4.8 lens
- 1080/30 fps HD video
- 3 inch OLED screen with 614,000 dots
- Lens-shift and electronic VR image stabilization
- Built-in GPS and Wi-Fi
- Waterproof, Shockproof, and Freezeproof
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||2.56 x 0.98 x 4.33 inches|
|Item Weight||0.43 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||16 MP|
|Shipping Weight||1.75 pounds|
|Water Resistance Level||Waterproof|
Waterproof, shockproof, and freezeproof to capture extreme moments Share amazing photos in an instant with built-in Wi-Fi Built-in GPS records the location of each shot you take Record videos in Full 1080p HD with stereo sound
From the Manufacturer
Above all else, taking pictures should be fun! The Fun & Innovative collection celebrates two core principles which are echoed throughout the COOLPIX line. Taking a different spin on taking pictures, each camera is unique from the next.
The rush lasts a moment. The memory lasts a lifetime.
If you spend more time hanging from belay lines than waiting in club lines, if a snowy forecast makes you grin ear to ear, if you measure your weekends by bumps and bruises, meet your next favorite piece of gear: the waterproof, freezeproof and shockproof COOLPIX AW110. Built as rugged as you, the COOLPIX AW110 captures your extreme moments as mind-blowing photos, Full HD 1080p videos and ultra-smooth slow motion sequences. With built-in Wi-Fi® for instant sharing, a full-featured GPS with mapping, Points of Interest and Electronic Compass plus all the imaging power of a Nikon, you can finally bring home the rush of going big.
Ready for extreme adventures
Waterproof, shockproof and freezeproof
The COOLPIX AW110 can handle all that Mother Nature can throw at it. Take it diving to depths of up to 59-feet. Shoot at temperatures as cold as 14° F. And don't sweat drops of up to 6.6 feet. Whether it's in your hand, mounted to a surfboard, clipped on a backpack or attached to a scuba tank, every twist, splash, dive and crash can be recorded in both still and Full HD 1080p movies. Plus, Nikon's Action Control brings fast and easy operation to gloved hands. The COOLPIX AW110 lets you capture every thrilling moment from inside the action—not the sidelines.
Share amazing photos in an instant
Built-in Wi-Fi® for easily sharing your shots anytime, anywhere
The COOLPIX AW110 makes it easier than ever to share beautiful views of your world.Take a great shot and instantly send it to your compatible smartphone, tablet or any Wi-Fi device. Then use your smart device to email it, text it, or upload it to your favorite social networking or photo album sites—share it the same way you normally share online. Your friends and family will be amazed by the shots you share!
See where you've been
Built-in GPS, mapping, Electronic Compass and Points of Interest (POI) for creating amazing photo journals
Relive the excitement of your travels in a whole new way. The COOLPIX AW110 records the exact location of each shot you take, so you can follow the path of your adventure and every stunning view along the way! Share your journeys on Google Earth™, Google+™, and other social networking sites, or with the included Nikon View NX2 software. Built-in mapping and Electronic compass also help you navigate unfamiliar destinations, and Points of Interest (POI) show you nearby photo-ops like scenic lookouts and historic landmarks. The COOLPIX AW110 is the ultimate travel companion!
Record superior videos
1080p Full HD videos with stereo sound for dazzling movies
If you want a compact camera that shoots stunning Full HD videos, the COOLPIX AW110 delivers. 1080p Full HD means exceptional video quality. Record the action, then connect to an HDTV and watch your videos come alive. A built-in mic records high-quality audio in stereo. Your videos will look and sound phenomenal.
All weather case for the Nikon COOLPIX AW1100
The EN-EL12 is a rechargeable Li-ion battery providing 3.7v and 1050 mAh of power to select Nikon COOLPIX digital cameras.
Top customer reviews
I use two DSLR cameras with super high grade lenses from Canon and Olympus so I am picky, I will attempt to be fair and only compares apples to apples and not oranges :)
- Great build feels solid yet light.
- Fast shooting rate (though you might wanna slow down as sometimes focus will be off. This is common with all point and shoots... If you shot pictures like machine gun, a few of the pictures will come out blurry)
- As someone who has had point and shoot from Sony,Fuji Olympus and Samsung. I can say with confidence that this camera produces the best amount of detail that I have seen from a recent small sensor point and shoot. The only two cameras that produce cleaner detail in portrait pictures are probably the Nokia Pureview and my very old Samsung i85 (in Macro mode) neither of which are Tough or waterproof. For those of you who shot with DSLRs and use RAW format. JPEG images coming out of this camera can be quiet nicely enhanced and sharpened with Photoshop using inverse Gausian blur and a High pass filter as Nikon has been very smart not to over process their images. The same could not be said about the Olympus TG820 and Fuji xp50 that I tried and returned.
- Tons of generic battery available for real cheap.
- Easy to navigate and intuitive commands and buttons.
-The video quality is about equal to the rest of the competition but not as good as the latest Sony point and shoots.
- Having a RAW format option would have been nice
- Like all newer point and shoots this camera has too many Mega pixels for its sensor size. If Nikon would have keep it at around 8 or 9 MP, picture quality would have been even better.
If you are in the market for a rugged design, this camera is a solid contender.
I am really pleased with this camera's overall performance. Its a keeper and I am upgrading my rating to a 5 star
Let's start with what makes this a GREAT camera:
* Excellent build quality - the look, feel, weight and attention to build details (seams, fit/finish, quality of components) is Excellent
* The wide availability of shooting modes (underwater, close-up, portrait, night +16 other modes) will satisfy even the picky pro user, but the "Easy Auto Mode" is awesome for the average user that just wants to pick up the camera and take a picture.
* The built in Wi-Fi and GPS features were easy to use and setup.
* IMHO, one of the first truly rugged point & shoots on the market. Freezeproof, Waterproof & Shockproof. Of course with limitations, but still a VERY rugged camera that can take some abuse.
* I've taken about 100 pictures so far and am seriously impressed with the quality of the pix and how well the camera does in low-light situations.
* Nikon has a Wireless Mobile Adapter Utility app that is pretty cool. I've used it to automatically upload pix right to my iPad. Clean, easy and flawless.
With the GREAT also comes some shortfalls. Not a whole lot IMHO, but enough to ding it ONE star
* You have to print out your own manual. Sure, a quick start guide is included, but this is a serious feature rich camera and as such, there should be a printed manual to help you gain familiarity and skills. My concern is that the average user is not going to print out the huge PDF manual to learn about the awesome feature set. Which means the camera doesn't get used to nearly it's broad capabilities.
* While the 3" OLED display is beautiful, it is a scratch magnet. Nikon should include a screen protector at this $350 price point.
* No included memory card, another shortfall at this price point IMHO. The camera does have 21MB of internal memory so you can shoot right out of the box, but even an 8GB card would have been a big plus.
Overall, I really love this camera. A great set of features and usability. The price point is a bit steep, but if you are the type of user that is very hard on your camera or you like to dig into the different features and modes and actually use them, then this is a perfect camera for you. I have a dedicated video camera, so I have not used that feature more than twice. But the times I did, it was easy to use and the HD quality was impressive.
A close to 5 STAR camera, but for the price point I felt that Nikon could have included a few extras. But you cannot go wrong with the build quality or the picture quality - those features are truly 5 STAR.