Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on December 12, 2013
After researching MANY waterproof digital cameras, I finally went with this one and was not disappointed. I bought this camera to use not only for snorkeling and underwater adventures, but also just to take pictures at the beach and in the pool. It works really well - a huge improvement from the disposable underwater cameras that I used to buy for vacations. I used it for a week straight in the Cayman Islands and did not experience any issues at all. The underwater pictures were very bright and clear for the most part. I even used it to capture some pictures of a sunset and the colors in the sky came out beautifully. I read some reviews where people complained that it did not take good pictures at night. I did not use this camera at night so I cannot comment on this, however I would not let that deter you since the purpose of this camera is mainly for underwater daytime use. To keep this camera working properly, I took the advice of other reviewers and made sure I rinsed the camera off in fresh water after being in the ocean or pool every day. It's also important to keep sand away from the camera to avoid any jams in the trigger.
VINE VOICEon January 22, 2014
My daughter wanted a camera. "A real one," she specified. I wasn't about to get her a film camera, and I wanted something small and tough that took decent pictures. After months of research, this was the winner.

It took her only a couple of days before she had gotten the hang of taking good pictures (even using a tripod when warranted), and she has since moved on to the camera's fancier features — animated slideshows, special effects like "mirrored" images, and the like. I would never have selected the camera for these abilities, but she loves them all.

The camera isn't perfect; it's impossible to create a slideshow except by showing all the pictures taken on a particular date. Some functions are oddly greyed-out and can't be selected. Others can be selected but don't do anything (the faux-tilt-shift in particular). But the camera is in all other respects so excellent that I'm giving it five stars.
on January 21, 2014
I gave this camera to my 8 year-old nephew. He LOVES it. It took him about a nanno second to figure out how to use it and within the first day he knew all the features. We were on vacation together and it was ALWAYS in his hands. He showed me his pictures and they are remarkably good quality. Waterproof was handy because we were in the snow frequently. The gold rim around the lens looks pretty cool with the yellow he told me and I have to agree.
PS Don't forget to purchase a sim card (as I did). Fortunately we had a spare among our party.
on March 22, 2015
Takes great crystal clear underwater pictures! I was really surprised at the quality it gives out considering it's not one of the more high-end cameras. Love using it in the summer time taking pictures of the kids in the pool! I do recommend getting a floating strap so that it doesn't sink to the bottom of the pool. I purchase one here on Amazon for less than $5.
on September 7, 2013
So the picture quality isnt bad, but it isnt that great, even with flash theres still a good amount of noise and blur to the photos. The flash setting is unstable, if you have it on autoflash, then it only really flashes like 40% of the time when you want it to, and even in semi-dim situations it sometimes doesnt trigger and go off and its frustrating. I end up having to put it on flash all the time because the auto-flash is unreliable and more than half the time doesnt detect when its really needed. The recording is alright but not great either, the sound is good though. Its a very very simple and boring camera, since its meant to be waterproof and sealed, i guess they decided to forgo any detailed buttons, or options on camera operation. It takes some getting used to, because theres not a whole lot you can do with the camera. For the purpose of taking pictures in wet or water area, its good, and doesnt give me problems, but its not my go to camera AT ALL for anything that doesnt have to do with water. This camera will most likely sit in a drawer until I need it for water purposes. As for the body of the camera, its sealed pretty well, but the area where the battery and sd card go, the cover seems flimsy and not really sealed, i worry that if its submerged in water, the sd card and battery could be damaged, i havent submerged it yet, but this is just my observation. I have a warranty for water damage, since i bought the 2 year one, so its covered, but it would be inconvenient if this did happen, thats all. So yea, thats my opinion. For regular pictures i use my 5D mark 2, or my pos Sony camera.
on December 26, 2013
I bought this for my daughter on her 5th birthday. She had a toy camera that she liked but took really poor quality photos, and she enjoyed using our cameras or phones to take photos. So she seemed ready for a better camera of her own, but it needed to be something she could really be allowed to use independently without worry of damage. I chose this camera because it is durable and waterproof, which are essential for little kid use. The controls and displays are simple, intuitive, and easy for her to learn and remember. The photos are good, and she is so very proud to show everyone that she has a *real* camera.
on October 20, 2014
I've had this camera a year and it's officially dead. I bought it right before a trip because my olympus took a dive. Worse money spent. Pictures generally are blurry or fuzzy (not cameraman error). Now, I am unable to load pics from the camera to my computer, as the plug in on the camera is too loose. In the past I could wiggle it to work, but no longer. I'm going to buy another olympus. Lesson learned :)
on November 14, 2013
Exactly what I wanted and am very well satisfied with the camera and price paid is with in my price range
on June 19, 2014
Got this for a Caribbean vacation cause I didnt want to bring our big camera. I like this camera alot. Takes great pictures. Has cool features that lets you change and highlight colors. Video is good quality but microphone picks up too much wind if you are outside. Even on nonwindy days the audio on my video is muffled. Instruction book is worthless, better to just play around with the camera to learn what functions there are. I like not having to worry about getting it wet, great camera if you have small kids
on December 28, 2013
All the pictures were blurry. I thought this had image stabilization, but maybe not. I'm returning. Got this for my 7 yr old. Thought maybe she was moving. My husband and I tried it, both staying very still. Pictures were not good. Only plus was it was easy for her to figure out, and that it was a fun color.