Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon Complete Lens Cleaner Kit
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

VINE VOICEon November 13, 2007
It does the job but the included "pre-moistened" pads are a waste and are are quickly gone.

Instead, stop by Costco and get the eye glass cleaning kit for $5.95. Comes with atomiser x 2 (small and large) lint free cleaning cloth. Best, cleaning solution refills are free forever at the Costco store. The solution is GREAT. Best lens cleaner I've used. No carry case but hey, a small zip lock works fine.
1010 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2008
The lens solution and moist cloths are ok. However my lens filter has blue lint from the microfiber cloth everytime I used it. I would not purchase this again.
on October 13, 2007
I'd never purchased a lens cleaner before this, but I couldn't recommend the Nikon Complete Lens Cleaner Kit to anyone.

Right from the get-go, I had problems. The package construction is shoddy - the velcro 'button' fell off the FIRST time I opened it! The cleaning spray is way too gushy, and you do spend a lot of time cleaning up/rubbing out the mess. The moist towelettes (that's really what they are) work surprisingly well, no streaks at all As Advertised - but you may still need compressed air to get it spotless.
on September 28, 2007
I'm pretty much pure Nikon, but I wouldn't buy this again. Poor atomizer. Shoots out heavy blobs of cleaner, over a foot out before it turns into a mist. This means that not only the lens, but the barrel, your hand, and anything else within a two or three foot circle catches the mist. And the cloth is not very absorbent so you spend a lot of time rubbing and rubbing. And rubbing.
22 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 15, 2010
I don't know if it is the liquid or the towel (lent) or whatever. I was never happy with this product. It just spreads the dust or fingerprints all over the lens and I still need to use more cleaning maneuvers to get rid of the dirt or dust. My best luck with cleaning my lenses was with a combination of the Air Blower and the pen brush-lens restoration pin. The lens manual always advises none contact cleaning as any scrubbing against your lens can damage it and this always start with good quality air blower. I find myself doing more scrubbing after using this kit than I would if I stuck with the Air blower and the brush pin.
on January 3, 2007
I use and depend on this for my SLR camera and now for my flat bed scanner. I need both to be clean. This works great.I'll order it again!!
on December 16, 2015
Poor value, skip this one. Small bottle of spray cleaner, alcohol based, and very small microfiber cloth, the 3 remoistened wipes for ???. The fluid cleaner works well, maybe two bits worth of product? Packing was shoddy, it was mailed in a soft envelope and the box was crushed and open, not that it mattered, though I wouldn't be surprised if some of these arrive with the fluid leaking from the bottle. How they can charge $$ for this is nothing short of robbery.
The kit has what it takes to clean lenses on most devices that use them: cameras, eye glasses, binoculars and so on.

You get the following:

- 3 (THREE) moist lens cleaning toilettes
- 1 fl. oz spray bottle of liquid lens cleaner
- micro fiber cleaning cloth (black)

As far as I can tell, all of the above are in no significant way better than their generic counterparts you can buy in bulk at any optics store, their only distinguishing characteristic being the Nikon name on the spray bottle and on the moist towelettes packs. By the way, the kit came inside an ordinary cardboard box - not the clear plastic one shown in the picture - and the microfiber cloth was folded inside the box, not inside the dedicated pouch the picture show.

For testing and comparison I used the Nikon products to clean my DSLR and generics to clean the older Mavica that my son is using. I was unable to detect any difference between the Nikon products and the generics - they even smell the same (the towelettes and the cleaning spray).

I will reluctantly award this kit 3 stars (means "it's Okay") because it does what it's supposed to do and I understand that 'branded' items tend to sell for more but, now that I know that there's nothing special about this supposedly dedicated kit, it's unlikely that I will buy another one in the future. And, now that I know that there's nothing special about the included 3 moist towelettes, I know where to get a box of 20 from.
on September 12, 2015
I like this kit.I ordered it by mistake but I liked it.The box looks just like the Lens cleaner moist lens cleaning cloths that I was trying to order. I love those cloths but this was a whole kit & I liked it.
on February 21, 2015
I have a lot of old Nikon lenses and a couple of new ones. I also have a couple of Nikon binoculars. Every time I'd "huh" on the lens and wipe it with a handkerchief, I'd cringe. This kit offers me the feeing of having done the job the right way.