Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Style: with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$589.98 - $958.80

Showing 1-10 of 73 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 531 reviews
on September 26, 2010
I'm not a pro. Can't really express any technical comment. As an entry-level SLR user, I love the camera. Though it is not convenient cuz of the weight and the size, when you see the pics, everything's worth it. I have been using it to take regular routine pics. It comes out outstanding colors. Really beautiful.

Perfect match is (here's my invoice)

1 of: Opteka RC-2 Wireless Remote Control for Nikon D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D3000, & D5000 Digital SLR Camera (Nikon ML-L3 Replacement)
Condition: New
Sold by: 47th Street Photo (seller profile)
$9.97

1 of: Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$449.95

1 of: 2010-2011 Daily Fashion Student Day Planner Organizer Agenda August to August- Bird Stripe
Condition: New
Sold by: Springboard, Inc.

they work perfectly together, like a family!!

**********************************
MOST IMPORTANT THING
"The CONs"
the only thing is that --------------->There is NO video mode in this camera
I had high expectation on this camera, one of a thousand reasons is the video. I want it to completely replace my current digital camera. But it ended up I have to take 2 cameras to a party, one hanging on my neck the other one in my pocket to satisfy my video recording needs. What a shame!!
review image review image review image review image review image
on November 21, 2013
Easy to use, good pictures, and fun. I am just about to retire. I wanted a good camera but not a point and shoot. I don't manually adjust cameras but I like the SLR features. This camera is easy to use as for a non-expert photographer but it offers a lot of upside if I learn more and more about photography. I've gotten some remarkable pictures and enjoy the ease of use.
on August 19, 2010
In anticipation of becoming a new dad, I wanted to purchase a camera that would capture all the moments of my baby boy with great and reliable quality. So I decided to look into getting a DSLR camera. I did research on a variety of cameras, in particular one's from Cannon and Nikon. I wanted to buy a DSLR camera that was easy to use and at a reasonable cost. I decided to purchase the Nikon D3000 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera based on the reviews I've read, and it fit my budget.

First off, I am not in anyway an expert in taking pictures, and I never used a DSLR camera before this purchase. So being the newbie with DSLR cameras, I found the Nikon D3000 10.2MP incredibly easy to use. The automatic focus has performed wonderfully in capturing clear and sharp images. The picture quality of this camera is 10X better than my old digital pocket camera as expected. There are still a lot of options on this camera I have yet to explore, but I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun figuring out how those options can help take even better shots.

The only issue I have with this camera, and I guess with all DSLR's in general, it's a bit of a pain to take around because of its bulkiness. But other than that, I absolutely recommend this camera, especially for first time users of DSLR cameras, like me.

And so far, I haven't missed a perfect shot of my new son.
on January 1, 2010
I am a Beginner Photography with not alot of money and not alot of experience, i chose Nikon of Canon because of a few things.

1. User FRIENDLY, GUIDE MODE IS A MUST! The whole camera is FILLED with tips and EXAMPLES and settings of what to do and how to achieve such and such. Guide mode holds your hand for newbies to give you an idea of whats what, i love how the Nikon D3000 is Half a book and All camera! Thanks Nikon for making such a great quality camera.

2. Takes Great pictures, as an entry level dslr it takes great pictures but i think its the same sensor as the d60 just with 11 points of focus , the 11 point focus is definitely useful, theres more areas for your subject to be in, and Depth of field pictures are definitely easier to do with more focus points.

The Nikon d3000 with the 18-55mm lens is perfect for everyday use but not enough, i suggest it should be complimented with a 55-200mm, because sometimes you cannot get close enough to the subject without getting in the way of the people around you!

The Screen is big and wide and perfect for reviewing images and looking at settings, you dont have to look hard. The settings do get washed out in direct sunlight so try to keep it in your shadow

Also post processing of pictures comes out AWESOME!!! i could not believe the level of detail i saw on my computer, it wasnt blurry and zooming in is really pixel squares.

Nice camera for beginners, if your novice or pro this camera isnt for you, while a newbie like me appreciate the tips it does take a while to get around the settings but you get used to it, there is no quick access to any 1 setting but soon your fingers will be faster than any other photographer, once you get used to all the navigating.

ALSO this is a camera where you can customize the background of your screen! you can have a wallpaper of a picture or change the color.

I hope this is a comprehensive review that will satisfy you into buying the camera :D
on December 15, 2009
I have to start out by saying if you are a point and shoot user looking to upgrade to a DSLR, keep in mind this camera does not have "Live View"! (The ability to take a picture using the rear screen, rather than just by looking through the viewfinder)
I bought this without realizing this fact, but the camera has won me over even though my wife was thinking that was a deal breaker.

I went to Best Buy and played around with the D5000, as well as the Canon XS and XSi. My quick impressions of those compared to what I had was that this camera is much easier to use. I still have a lot to learn about it, but still am able to take great pictures, indoor and out.

The edit feature on the camera works so well! I can't believe all the options I have to edit within the camera without even using a computer.

The package deal Amazon has with the 55-200mm VR lens as well makes this an easy choice.

I've had this for about 3 weeks and those are my impressions so far.
on January 7, 2013
This is my first DSLR and I'm loving it. It takes great photos and with the extras this is an exceptional value. The only thing I did not realize about the camera and do not like is that you can only take pics through the viewfinder. I would highly recommend this camera for an up and coming photo buff like myself because of the ease of use and the quality of the photos.
on January 1, 2013
We bought this camera to replace our aging Sony DSC H10. We really enjoyed our Sony and were pleased with its results. The Nikon is much larger but still managed to attain a lot of off hand use throughout the holidays. The carrying case, second lens and accessories are a definite bonus.
Personal preferences? I would like a longer eye relief on the view finder, by the time I have a clear view my nose is pressed against the viewing screen. I find that the flash sometimes attempts to auto correct for preferred settings when on ISO and must be manually turned off. We are still experimenting and finding more and better ways to improve our results.
This purchase has fulfilled my expectations. Overall this camera is easy to use, has already given us excellent photos (better than the Sony), and was a good price. I would recommend it to anyone moving into SLR photography.
on January 7, 2010
After using the Nikon D3000 for about a month, and over 500 pictures, I can only report that it is worth every nickel of it's price ($500 on 12/4/09).
1. Easy to use.
2. controls well laid out
3. Kit lens AF quick and silent.
4. Size reasonable for small hands (mine).
5. Ability to take Nikon 'F' mount lenses (AF or not).

While there is the occasional 'oops' moment, errors are easily corrected, and, of course, being digital, errors deleted with no expense incurred. Can't say that about film cameras.

In addition to the kit lens, I have bought from a friend his Sigma 70-300 lens. While it is designated as an AF lens, as it does not have it's own motor, it isn't on the D3K. Manual focusing is a bit of a pain, as is having to learn how to do it all over again. But when I get it right WOW! Nice crisp image.

The only real criticism is not about the camera itself, a star performer. It is that lack of a REAL manual. The 60 page 'manual' merely highlights the cameras' many controls and menus and does not go into detail about them. The Main manual is a 216 page PDF file loaded onto a PC and called a Reference manual. I call it the Users Manual, and the little 60 page thing a Quick Reference. The 'Dummys' book I bought on the D3K has a lot of useful information but having a PRINTED manual would have been better than having to buy my own hard copy.
on December 31, 2012
I've been taking the most beautiful pictures of our granddaughters and uploading them to my picturetown and sharing them with family. I am still learning about the ins and outs of the camera as there is so much to learn. Thank goodness for the automatic features. The camera is lightweight. I do wish the camera had HD Video capability ..that's the only feature it doesn't have. This is my first digital camera, my former camera is a Nikon N50 film camera. I trust Nikon's quality and durability.
on January 17, 2013
For years have been wanting to get a DSLR, opportunity came knocking and I jumped on it fast. Although it lacks some fancy bells and whistles, it has all the major basic needs for a photo enthusiast. Sweet style, functions, and the few pics I've taken are spectacular. Its a great beginning model, and came with many nice extras.