Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon D300s For Dummies
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$16.99

on April 14, 2010
There is no assumed knowledge with this book and I found that extremely helpful. Most people buying a D300s have some sort of background in photography. I did not, but knew I loved it and didn't want to waste money on cameras building up to this one. This book will take you from dummy to semi-pro in no time.
1111 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2013
As the name implies this is a book for people that have no knowledge whatsoever of a camera. For anyone with even a little idea of photography, this book is way too simple. I was looking for a book that would explain in detail more about the menu items and how how to navigate them. It's hard to find a book that talks about the menus in depth. This book really skims over a lot of topics, but doesn't really go too in depth on any of them. I gave the book 5 stars because it was a good book for people without a clue. I won't bring the score down just because I am already too advanced for most of this book.
on March 4, 2010
I have a more expensive tutorial book for my D300s but this book is easier to read and contains more practical advice, easily understood without wading through a lot of extra verbage.
on March 2, 2013
I just wanted this as I do not have the manual for my cam. But this book is more about photography and less about my camera. Get a more advanced book unless you don't know anything about photography. I should have thought about that before I bought this.
on February 9, 2011
This book is easy to read, while the subject is highly technical. The pictures are very clear and extremely helpful to understand the subject matter.The purpose of the book is to teach a newcomer how to use the camera and the order of the chapters follows that of a user when familarizing himself with the equipment. In my personal judgement the book achieves its purpose.
on June 8, 2015
Purchased for my son who bought a pre-owned Nikon D300s which did not come with a manual. This book is well-written with the topics well-structured and has been very useful helping my son use the D300s.
on September 18, 2013
Reading the Nikon manual is more painful than polishing silver so I had to find another source to learn how to use my camera. I thought I better get to it before my mobile phone has more features than my camera.....it may be too late already! At any rate, I'm working at learning my camera and this book is very helpful.
on May 31, 2013
Can't express how much I love this book. Bought all the other books relating to learning how to operate my Nikon D300s; however, this book surpassed them all. Easy to read. Very easy to understand. Explained everything I needed to know.
on November 6, 2014
It's a good book and it works if you can pay attention long enough.

Nikon put too many adjustments on their durned camera.

This book helps you sort it out.

Far better than the owners' manual.
on May 21, 2010
Some of these books are just a rewrite of the manual. This one goes considerably further and explains the pro's and con's of various settings with plenty of very well illustrated advice (like what settings to use on a rainy day). There are pictures everywhere. This book is pretty encyclopedic as well as friendly. If you are not an expert then this book is definitely a worthwhile investment, as you will see why you might need this or that setting, and on the D300s there are a huge number of them.
The only disadvantage of this book is that it doesn't fit into your pocket.