Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 379 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 412 reviews
on June 25, 2015
Item did not come as advertised. The Nikon symbol on the bag is upside down (sounds petty, but I find that annoying). It also did not come with the microfiber cleaning clothes as advertised. It looks like it may be a spin off that the seller got cheap elsewhere.
review image
on January 17, 2014
Bought this bag to go with a new D3200 and am very happy with the purchase. The bag has enough room for the DSLR, two lenses (one 18-55mm attached and a 55-200mm) and misc other small kit (filters, an extra battery and whatnot). The compartments are re-organize-able enough thanks to the velcro lined dividers and interior and the bag feels very sturdy with metal front buckles and a quality heft. Overall, extremely happy with the value of the bag.
on February 2, 2014
I bought this Nikon Camera bag for my new D7000 and initially ordered it from Amazon through Camata Camera. Paid 17 dollars expedited shipping to have it in 2 business days as I was leaving for a trip in a week and carrying my expensive gear without a bag was out of the question. I waited for the entire week but the bag didn't come even though it was shipped timely by Cameta Camera BUT it was shipped through USPS Express service and not UPS or FedEX. Anyways, I had to pick the bag from walmart and went onto the trip. The bag is very sturdy and has adequate padding against shocks, I would still like to add more custom padding to it. There is a plenty of space inside for any SLR, yes ANY SLR D90, D800 or even the D4S. The space is adjustable through Velcro dividers and everything is well made on this bag, no cheap stuff. There are a lot of usable pockets and will accommodate everything from Speedlight, charger, lens etc. I store a 50mm lens, 140mm lens, camera (lens sometimes attached), lens caps, camera cap, charger, spare battery, spare memory card, data cable, power cable and all fits well without issues.

As I came back from the trip, the bag was there (from Camata Camera) through USPS. Horrible job by USPS. I have an older SLR so I didn't mind opening up the package and using this second bag as well. However, the bag didn't feel as the walmart one. The internal seams were torn, the Nikon logo was not properly aligned and was bigger in size than what I had from walmart. The velcro dividers were completely mashed that they were unusable. So I called Camata Camera on a SUNDAY morning and to my surprise, a lady answered the phone. She immediately sent the return shipping label (FedEX) as it was still within 30 days and the entire amount INCLUDING shipping was quickly refunded back to my account. I don't know what to say about the bag that they sent to me, however I appreciate their honesty and quick service. The bag thing might be a genuine mistake. There was also a Camata Camera Microfiber cloth inside and it is really of very good quality. Thick and very soft.
on December 3, 2016
If you're looking for a sleek DSLR bag and you're planning on carrying just a couple of lenses then this bag will work for you. The latches on the front work great and the bag will hold up to every day use. The interior is very basic and it includes extra lining strips that are nice to customize the interior. The inside is rather small so if you're planning on using a bigger sized DSLR or want more room for the bigger telephoto lenses then perhaps a different bag will work for you. It provides a nice enclosure for your DSLR although the material is thin and will not protect against the weather so please be careful when you're out and about. The color is great and the construction is very nice. There is also a pocket on the top that you can zip open which is pretty nifty. I store my business cards and an extra SD card in it. The back of the bag has a large pocket that you can use to store a notebook or other things. It's a great entry level bag and well worth the money.
on July 19, 2014
Very high quality bag, the strap, handle, and latches are secure and the fabric and leather are thick and holds their shape. The interior is soft and well padded, and there is one large compartment and several padded dividers for you to customize the layout of your bag to your preferences.

The zippered pocket on the top is small but can hold spare batteries or covers on-the-go so it's pretty convenient. Large zippered pocket on the front can hold a lot, can fit developed pictures and several other items, it's padded but not enough so that you would want to carry lenses or anything in it, but maybe chargers and stuff like that. Zippered mesh pocket on the underside of the top flap is convenient for extra batteries, etc., and does not droop low enough that it would damage equipment in the main compartment, so it is pretty firm, but be careful what you store in it. I haven't really used the side pockets but they're big enough for cables and stuff, maybe not tall enough for pens and pencils without adding stress to the bag though.

The pictures don't show it but there is a large pocket in the back, it's not zippered or velcro'd or anything, just a pocket, but it's useful for storing papers and pens, but I wouldn't put any essentials in it on-the-go because things could easily slide out, because it's only about 4- 5" deep.

TL;DR it's a great bag, worth the $30, lots of storage space and it's customizable to some degree.
on July 8, 2014
A lot larger than I anticipated, but I'm glad because everything fits perfectly! I have a Nikon D3200 with 2 lenses, and this bag holds them both with only a little room to spare. It also came with moveable velcro dividers, so each lens and the camera itself are protected from bumping into each other. It has a front pocket that I put the Nikon D3200 manual in, and an inside pocket that fits the battery charger and cables. Perfect for traveling. Fast shipping, good price, only good things and 5 stars from me!
on November 6, 2012
The case I received from Cameta Camera is nowhere near the quality one has come to expect from Nikon. It is so badly manufactured I strongly suspect it is either defective or a knockoff.

While it is a great design; very lightweight, conveniently sized, with enough storage compartments for the average non-pro, the unit I received has, when closed, a severe gapping problem between the top and main storage compartment.

The top is a curved, non-ridged design meant to fit over the main storage compartment, but on the unit from Cameta Camera, the narrow sides of the top are too small, allowing a large, nearly two inch gap between the top and bottom whenever the case is carried by its handle. One side of the top is so small, in fact, the two inch gap exits regardless of how the case is carried. Not only is the gap unsightly, but, knowing full well it is not sold as weatherproof, whatever minor protection from the elements this case was designed to provide, it is effectively negated by this defect.

The shoulder strap is another example of poor construction. It is very thin and connected to the case by two rectangle metal rings that are attached to the case in such a way that they consistently slip from their intended horizontal to a vertical position, helping to tangle an already very tangle-able, thin nylon strap.

Unless you are buying for the Nikon name only, my suggestion is to look elsewhere in this price range. Or better yet, spend a little extra and buy a good camera case, as this one, the one I received anyway, is quite simply not a good case at half the price.
on May 28, 2013
First off, the bag is small, and I mean, very small. I have the Nikon D5100 w/18-55 and 70-300 VR lens, with a Nikon SB-910 speedlight. I had to try many different configurations of the bag, to get it all to fit, and feel reasonably assured that it was the "safest" way to protect my gear from bumps or drops. Everything is so tightly packed in the case, that it takes force to remove the camera, and I usually have to remove something (usually the 70-300) to enable me to put the camera back in the bag, even then, it is still a struggle.

Other things I have found bad about bag, the front pouch is just that, a pouch. My former Nikon bag, that lasted more than 10 year (even though my Army days) had pockets in the front pouch, making organizing simple. This new bag, just a big pouch, and things tend to move around, and there is no way to keep it organized to your liking.

The next troublesome part of the bag, is the front closure clips. They are very nice to look at, and over all, it is a good looking bag. But, you have to be very careful with the front closure clips. The adjustable side has a tendency to slide all the way through the closure clip, and if you are not careful, you will lose the male side, and not even know it, until it is too late. I have had to adjust the length of the clips, and sew the strap together, to prevent this from happening again.

The third thing I noticed, right away, is the Nikon emblem on the top, is no where near close to level, probably tweaked a good 10-15 degree's, on a diagonal. This is not a major thing, since it does not effect the over all bag's capability, but you would think for the price you pay, they would at least want the bag to look good, this is so obvious, that it takes away from the rest of the esthetics.

Lastly, the quality of the material. I have serous doubts about the longevity of the bag, the material appears to be made up of some plastic, and I feel confident that it will begin to crack in no time. This refers to the top of the bag, where the emblem is, and the carry handle, they will be cracked/peeling in no time.

With barely enough room for my D5100 and two lens and flash unit, which I would consider a normal DSLR load for average users, this bag just barely makes the cut. I have a range of other items, that I need from time to time, like soft box, hot shoe microphone, that I must carry in a separate bag.

If you have one of the smaller bodied camera's, like the D3200, 3100, 5000, and only one lens, this bag is plenty big enough. But if you are like me, who carry many items, including extra batteries, charger, and a range of filters and lens hood, you are going to find this bag inadequate.

Based on the emblem, I would have returned the bag, but since I had it forwarded to me in the Philippines, there was no way to return/exchange the bag. Buyer beware on this one.
on June 22, 2017
Needed a case for my Nikon D3100, already have a D90. It has all the sections one needs for SD cards, lenses, covers, all your goodies. Easy to keep clean and very light.
on March 21, 2017
This is a well built, well designed bag that met all my expectations. The bag is made with quality material, holds my camera and accessories, and secures well. The removable Velcro straps inside make it easy to customize for different size accessories and the exterior pockets provide room for smaller accessories.