Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon 1 V3 Digital Camera with 1 NIKKOR 10-30mm PD..." and save 50% off the $1,199.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Nikon 1 V3 Digital Camera with 1 NIKKOR 10-30mm PD-Zoom Lens
|Price:||$1,196.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Electronic viewfinder and camera grip included
- Enhanced 18.4-MP image sensor is paired with Nikon's new EXPEED 4A image processor
- Sharp, clear, noise-free photos and videos up to ISO 12,800
- Built-in Wi-Fi for sharing photos
- Cinema-quality 1080/60p HD video
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Battery Average Life||310 Photos|
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon 1|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||60 fps|
|Display Fixture Type||Tilting|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1037000|
|Display Size||3 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||18.4 MP|
|Exposure Control Type|
|External Memory Included||No|
|File Format||JPEG (EXIF 2.3, DCF 2.0), Raw (NEF)|
|Flash Memory Type||microSD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Flash Modes Description||Fill-in, Red-eye reduction, Slow synchronization|
|Flash Sync Speed||1/250 sec|
|Flash Type||Built-In Flash|
|Flash Type||via proprietary accessory shoe|
|Focus Description||Hybrid AF (171 contrast-detect, 105 phase-detect)|
|Focus Type||automatic with manual|
|Form Factor||Rangefinder-style mirrorless|
|ISO Range||Auto, ISO 160-12800|
|Image Aspect Ratio||3:2|
|Item Dimensions||2.56 x 1.3 x 4.37 inches|
|Item Weight||0.84 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||7.4 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||7.2 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||0.6 grams|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/16000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||5,232|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||30 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||18.4 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||40.5 mm|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Processor Description||Expeed 4A|
|Remote Control Description||Wireless|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||Yes|
|Shipping Weight||2.35 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||EN-EL20a lithium-ion battery and charger|
|Touch Screen Type||Touch focus, shutter|
|Video Capture Format||h.264|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd|
|Viewfinder Description||2359000 dots|
|Viewfinder Type||Electronic (optional)|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
Compare to similar items
This item Nikon 1 V3 Digital Camera with 1 NIKKOR 10-30mm PD-Zoom Lens
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Adorama Camera||digideals4less Top rated seller||Amazon.com||Wolfe's Camera Shop||Amazon.com|
|Screen Size||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in||3 in|
|Item Dimensions||1.3 x 4.37 x 2.56 in||1.12 x 3.92 x 2.36 in||1.77 x 4.72 x 2.64 in||3.6 x 4.7 x 3.3 in||7.72 x 6.93 x 5.28 in|
|Item Weight||0.84 lb||0.51 lb||0.76 lb||1.1 lbs||1.7 lbs|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||18.4 megapixels||18.4 megapixels||24 megapixels||16 megapixels||20.3 megapixels|
|Photo Sensor Size||APS-C||APS-C||APS-C (23.5 x 15.6mm)||Micro Four Thirds 4/3 - inch||—|
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p_hd||1080p_hd||1920 x 1080 (60p, 60i, 24p), 1440 x 1080 (30p, 25p), 640 x 480 (30p, 25p)||1080p||4k|
|Viewfinder||Electronic (optional)||None||LCD||electronic viewfinder^flexible LCD||electronic viewfinder|
Review summary from DPReview
The Nikon 1 V3 is one of the few mirrorless cameras we'd recommend for shooting sports or quickly moving kids. It brings high autofocus performance, interchangeable-lens versatility, and DSLR-like handling in a portable size. However, when factoring in price, there are many other good, less expensive alternatives with better image quality and all-around value.
Scoring is relative only to the other products in the same category.
Sample images from DPReview
Sample images for Nikon 1 V3
Introducing the Nikon 1 V3 Digital Camera, a thrilling camera that features an enhanced 18.4-MP image sensor that is paired with Nikon's new EXPEED 4A image processor. It has an ultra-fast autofocus system with the convenience of built-in Wi-Fi for sharing photos and controlling the camera with a compatible smartphone or tablet. Additional features: 3.0" tilt able, touchscreen LCD; Full HD 1080p video; 20 fps continuous shooting; electronic viewfinder; plus more! This outfit includes the 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM lens that features a cap less design, power drive zoom, and VR image stabilization. Also includes the removable GR-N1010 grip and an electronic viewfinder.
From the Manufacturer
The flagship of the Nikon 1 lineup. Harness the portability of a compact camera, the outstanding image quality and versatility of an interchangeable lens camera and a level of speed and accuracy that was once unimaginable. With brilliant low-light performance, cinematic video capabilities, ultra-fast, ultra-precise autofocus, the convenience of built-in Wi-Fi® for sharing photos and controlling the camera with a compatible smartphone or tablet and compatibility with both 1 NIKKOR lenses and legendary NIKKOR D-SLR lenses (with the optional FT-1 Mount Adapter), the Nikon 1 V3 is a D-SLR owner's dream come true. Take it everywhere and capture moments other cameras may miss.
A new pinnacle of Nikon 1 performance
Introducing the new Nikon 1 flagship, the Nikon 1 V3, a thrilling camera that combines the portability of a compact camera and image quality and capabilities usually associated only with a D-SLR along with game-changing speed and accuracy. An enhanced 18.4-MP image sensor is paired with Nikon's new EXPEED 4A image processor to achieve the world's fastest continuous frame rate*, brilliant low-light performance and cinema-quality video capabilities. Add an ultra-fast autofocus system, the convenience of built-in Wi-Fi® for sharing photos and controlling the camera with a compatible smartphone or tablet and compatibility with both 1 NIKKOR lenses and legendary NIKKOR F-mount D-SLR lenses (with the optional FT-1 Mount Adapter), and the Nikon 1 V3 is a D-SLR owner's dream come true. When it comes to capturing sports, fast action and other spontaneous moments that demand fast performance, the Nikon 1 V3 is second to none.
*Among digital cameras with interchangeable lenses available as of Mar. 10, 2014; based on Nikon research.
Speed that changes everything
Game-changing continuous shooting speed
Nikon 1 cameras achieve a level of speed and accuracy that once was unimaginable, and the Nikon 1 V3 takes that performance even further. Capture thrilling views of sports, fast action and spontaneous moments with game-changing continuous shooting speed: 20 fps at full resolution with full autofocus performance. When using fixed focus, increase that burst rate to a mind-boggling 60 fps and capture sights other cameras may miss. The Nikon 1 V3's Hybrid AF System uses 171 AF points for contrast detection and 105 AF points for phase detection to lock onto your subject the moment it enters the frame with virtually zero lag on the camera's LCD display. Few cameras are better suited for fast action photography than the Nikon 1 V3.
Image quality that inspires
Stunning photos and videos in any light
Nikon's CX-format CMOS image sensor is one of the most exciting innovations in image sensor design and the secret behind Nikon 1's unrivaled speed, image quality and elegant design. The Nikon 1 V3 pairs an enhanced 18.4-MP CX-format CMOS image sensor with Nikon's new EXPEED 4A image processor for spectacular detail and color rendering, blazing-fast speed and brilliant low-light performance. Shoot sharp, clear, noise-free photos and videos up to ISO 12,800—continue shooting in fading light long after lesser cameras have been put back in their cases. Bring the Nikon 1 V3 everywhere you go, and preserve important moments beautifully.
Performance that exhilarates
High-end design, tilting touch display and compatibility with Nikon 1 and D-SLR lenses
The Nikon 1 V3 delivers exhilarating performance that will invigorate your passion for photography. Its tilting touch display has virtually zero lag, making it easy to shoot at unusual angles. Its high-end design is so streamlined and comfortable to use, you'll bring it on every outing. For those who like D-SLR-style shooting, add the GR-N1010 Camera Grip and DF-N1000 Electronic Viewfinder and feel right at home with the Nikon 1 V3. If you already own NIKKOR D-SLR lenses, add the optional FT-1 Mount Adapter and use them with the Nikon 1 V3! (The camera's 2.7x crop factor will extend the reach of telephoto lenses—turn a 300mm into an 810mm!) Whether it's a companion to your D-SLR or the centerpiece of your photography system, the Nikon 1 V3 is a camera that's hard to put down.
Convenience that saves time
Built-in Wi-Fi for instant photo sharing and remote camera control
Your smartphone or tablet will be your favorite accessory for the Nikon 1 V3. Install Nikon's free iOS or Android app and watch the outstanding photos you take with the Nikon 1 V3 appear instantly on a compatible smartphone or tablet* for easy sharing by text message, email or uploading to your favorite site. Share every brilliant view—instantly! For self portraits and group shots that actually include you, use your smartphone or tablet to control your Nikon 1 V3—see what the camera sees and take photos.
HD videos that amaze
Cinema-quality 1080/60p HD video, a built-in stereo mic and ultra-smooth slow motion
Nikon 1 cameras are serious movie-making tools. Capture cinematic 1080/60p video with shallow depth of field, or turn a single instant of action into an astounding 120 fps slow-motion sequence. A new Movie e-VR (Vibration Reduction) feature keeps your videos steady during handheld shooting, and Simultaneous Still Image Capture means you can save full-resolution stills without missing a beat while recording video. Whether you're shooting home movies or commercial productions, the Nikon 1 V3 delivers superb footage.
- GR-N1010 Camera Grip
- DF-N1000 Electronic Viewfinder
- AN-N1000 Black Neck Strap
- UC-E20 Micro USB Cable
- EN-EL20a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-29 Battery Charger
- BF-N1000 Body Cap
- BS-N4000 Multi Accessory Port Cover
- ViewNX 2
Top Customer Reviews
-The build quality is upper level DSLR like.
-The v3 can use EN-EL20 batteries same as AW1, J1, J2, J3, S1, and coolpix A.
The EN-EL20a has 1110mAh rating vs the EN-EL20's 1020mAh
-The camera feels great with and without the optional grip.
-The grip material is pro DSLR like.
-The side memory card/usb/hdmi door is spring loaded hinged and feels solid.
-All buttons a dials feel solid and well made.
-EVF feels solid on camera and is attached with metal latch hooks on both bottom sides.
-EVF can only be released when both release buttons on bottom sides are pressed.
-V3 with grip and EVF is light but solid feeling.
-AE-L/AF-L button can be programmed to function as AF-ON like pro nikon DSLRs
-EVF looks alot better then V1
-Both EVF and display have a faster refresh rate then V1.
-Noise level improved. you can feel good about using ISO A3200
-On Delay is minimal. (>2sec)
-Buffer Clears relatively fast. (from 40 images raw=18sec raw+fine=40sec)
After 3 sec of filling buffer you can continue to shoot.
Memory Card used Sandisk Extreme Pro 16GB
-The new 10-30 kit lens has a build quality like the 6.7-13 lens.
-Includes a little baggy for the EFV.
-Tilt screen feels solid.
-Touch response for display is quick.
- the eye detect sensor off button works great allowing you to either keep the EVF on only or the Display. (This is helpful when you need the camera ready in an instant and like to use the EVF)
- The built in flash can be held in the up position for bounce flash. Note:this is not hurting anything on the flash.
-the WiFi works great and will transfer both jpeg and nef.(android has an app that can edit raw files but currently the V3 is not supported)
- the gimmick creative modes look and work well.
- the Mic input has 4 sensitivity levels.
-Micro SD card.
-Optional Grip does not cover the entire bottom of camera.
-No Flash command function.
-Forced to buy same old nikon 1 focal length kit lens.
-Included is Same horrible neck strap as the V1.
Things I liked:
- The top dial mode dial - nikon added the PSAM options - making it a lot easier to get to these modes that I use. Makes this camera similar to their dslr (I also had a d300 that I gave away). I find myself going to the menu button a lot less now, compared to the J3 and V1.
- Detachable EVF and handgrip. Not everyone likes the removable EVF. My hands are small, so i don't really want the handgrip. I love the detachable EVF, because on trips where space is a premium, I don't pack the EVF, and this V3 is almost as small as my J3.
- 2 dials to adjust aperture and shutter speed: Change Aperture with the small dial on the front of the body, next to the lens. Change Shutter speed with the dial on the top of the body. Makes using Manual mode easier - actually possible - compared to the V1.
- Super fast. This is a very fast camera. fast to turn on, fast to focus, fast to shoot, 10 fps, 20fps, 30 fps, 60 fps - it is very fast!
- Eye sensor off option. If you want to use the EVF exclusively, you can turn off the eye sensor and it stays on the EVF without switching back to the LCD screen.
- Tilting LCD screen - its great. Feels strong and sturdy.
- weight and build feel. This is very subjective. I love the weight and size. I find myself taking this camera almost on all my trips now. The build is very solid
- Able to take high quality photos while doing a high quality video simultaneously. I use this all the time
- The size of the new kit lens. It is much smaller than the old kit lens. But the image quality is not great. I don't use either kit lens. I tend to have a 10-100 zoom and the 10 f2.8 with me when I travel.
- It's a handsome camera with or without the EVF. Makes me happy.... what can i say!
- my daughter took over my J3 - so she is happy too.
- very comfortable in my hands.
- I just received my new 70-300mm zoom. And combined with this camera, it is still not too heavy or large. That's having a 35mm equivalent of 810mm in my bag. The equivalent focal length with a DSLR would be huge and heavy.
Things I don't like, but ok to live with
- The micro SD card - a little inconvenient, but .... whatever....
- The other special nikon modes - cute but i don't use them
- I don't use the optional handgrip - but lots of other people like it
- Would have preferred to just buy the body and the EVF, leave out the kit lens and the handgrip to save some $.
The only thing that disappointed me is that the image quality is not really any better than my J3. It's still very good. Good enough for me as I am not a pro, and when I look at the photos on my 27 inch screen, they really do look great. It's only when people compare the IQ at the finest detail level, that I feel a little disappointed. could be better. I still rate it 5 stars because I enjoy using this camera, even more than I did my d300.
In summary, this is the camera I choose to take with me when i get up and go. I capture photos that i used to miss with my V1 (thanks to the PSAM dial and the speed) and my d300 (because the d300 was so big and heavy, most times at the last minute, i would take my V1 instead). The best camera is the one that you will be happy to take with you, otherwise you will miss the shot. Then who cares how great the camera is that you bought and left at home.