Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 3, 2014
I've had my D60 since 2009 and love it. Any modern DLSR in auto mode is capable of doing a great job as a point-and-shoot camera, but why pay the price for a DSLR if you are just going to leave it in auto? This book will get you out of auto, and will improve your understanding of your cameras options and abilities. My pictures already show a marked improvement because I actually think about settings now instead of just pressing the shutter button.
on March 28, 2011
Nikon D60 for Dummies has solved my problems. Yes, I had read the instruction manual for my camera, but still couldn't take great pictures of my son's baseball and soccer games at night. I tried everything, but only after I read the Dummies book, did I learn I had to do several things to make the pictures turn out right. It was explained in detail in simple terms, and PRESTO I have clear pictures with enough light and am very proud of my pictures. Now, all the other Moms are coming to me and saying "what am I doing wrong? Your pictures are so clear." Instantly, I'm an expert. It just needed to be explained to me and examples given, instead of saying "here's this button, use it" like the manual did.

Thank You Nikon D60 for Dummies. I'm all over Facebook with my pictures now.
on July 3, 2017
Great book if you have never used a dslr before, but there are many site and other books that can do the same. this book is for anyone that want the "most" out of there nikon d60, but if you are really looking at doing great things and know the basics,
on August 25, 2017
Much better than the camera manual for explaining how to get the most out of the D60.
on February 12, 2010
I read this book right after Christmas and thought it was great. And, since I worte a scalding review of "Photoshop Elements 8 for Dummies" this morning, it seemed only fair to give some credit to the D60 book. You will enjoy the D60 book even if the Nikon is not your first DSLR and you already know the basics. Oh, the D60 book covers the basics in a clear concise way but it moves on to things that are specific to this camera. The author moves you through the book in a logical thoughtful way so you will not get confused. You will actually want to read the entire book and, as a result, you might think twice about simply shooting everything in 'automatic' mode. After completing the book, you will be smarter - and that's supposed to be the whole idea!
on March 14, 2011
If you own a Nikon D60, you need this book. It is very easy to understand. The index makes it simple to quickly find what you are looking for. It is 100% better than the manual that came with the camera. I can now use my camera the way it was meant to be used. No more "auto" mode. My photos are turning out really well.
on March 27, 2016
This book helped me to take the wedding pictures and my brother in laws destination wedding in mexico.. It taught me a great deal. I took some amazing picture and knew what I needed for lighting and focus thanks to what I learned out of the book
on February 19, 2013
This book is awesome. Very well written with excellent diagrams and explanations for the novice DSLR user. After reading through this book in just a couple of days I was able to go out "into the field" and use the camera in it's advanced modes. No more "automatic" settings for me. First time out and I've received accolades on the quality of my recent shoot at my kids high school track meet. Great job Julie! Highly recommend.
on September 17, 2009
Thanks to this book i see what an asset it will be in learning about my new camera i've always wanted, just reading a few pages and viewing the pictures, it will make this camera "funner" to use now that i understand what i need to do for the situation im in to make a better picture instead of just turning knobs and getting fustrated in what i think i know. What a great study guide to allow anyone to sit down with their camera and be able to do a hands on with the book and be amazed at the results there of. Enjoy!!!
on February 24, 2017
Good book to keep as a reference to improve my photography. Book arrived in great condition and I could not be happier.