Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nikon HB-32 Flower Type Lens Shade for 18-70mm DX Nikkor Lens
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

VINE VOICEon March 20, 2013
Though the HB-32 is meant for the 18-70mm DX Nikkor lens, the HB 32 fits my 18-105mm nikkor lens perfectly.

The hood snaps on easily and let's you attach uv filters & lens cap with the hood attached.

Get the original hood! The color and style fits the Nikkor lenses better than generic/off brands. You won't be disappointed.
on January 15, 2014
The HB-32 lens shade fit fine - just like the other one I have that actually came with the other lens I have. I have an 18-55 zoom lens, an 18-105 zoom lens and now a 18-140 zoom lens. However, the 18-140 zoom lens did not come with a lens shade, so I had to order it separately. It works fine.
on January 25, 2014
Since the Nikon 18-140 didn't come with the lens hood I ordered it. Works great; does want it supposed to.
on August 13, 2007
lost my original lens hood so i got this. the good thing is that it works on other lenses with 67mm filter threads, like the tamron 17-50 and 28-75. as far as lens hoods go, it's ok. it's pretty small, and it's not lined with felt of velvet like some lens hoods. it's petal-type, so there are cut-outs in its diameter, built of medium-strength plastic. the only reason to buy this is if you lose the one that came with your camera. you could go without it, but it does help to keep out flare in bright-light situations, and can be reversed for a trimmer fit in the bag.
on March 26, 2016
got it for a Nikon nikon 18-140mm lens I use on a D3200 and works great. I had purchased a generic one and it obstructed the shots when zoomed out all the way.. This was actually cheaper and works fine. I didn't buy it so much for the shade properties, but for the protection of the end of the lens.. works just fine for both.
on October 23, 2014
Don't accept anything but original NIKON products. I bought D5300 with 18-140 lens and no hood came with it. All other lens purchased came with lens hood. After I saw their quality and compared to what store offered, which when on lens would not allow lens cap to be put on. This was a great price for what you are getting. It is odd some things on Amazon fluctuate as to pricing. This was making my new set up complete. What Nikon makes for their cameras and lens is always going to be better than any other product regardless of shape. Many plain round ones that are flexible but if you can't get cap on. Dust will settle on lens or filter and have to be cleaned often.
on September 22, 2014
This is a perfect lens shade, exactly what I wanted. It lines up immediately and clicks into place without having to remove the lens cap. The manufacturing (build quality and color) is very good. I guess you would expect that from Nikon though. I purchased a generic brand and was very disappointed. It was hard to line up the grooves and took many turns to get it on. You had to remove the lens cover before the shade could be attached. The lens cover would fall off if you didn't get it just right, and you had to fiddle around with it to seat it properly. That was very frustrating especially when you are on the go and fumbling with your camera. I tried to save a few bucks with the generic shade, and it ended up costing me more, and I had to toss it.
on October 21, 2013
I bought this hood as the 18-70 is my work horse lens and was a second hand buy - so it did not come with the hood. Material is as described. Fit is also perfect. Does its job perfectly. Note that the zoom ring is not 100% accessible with the hood folded inwards.
on February 22, 2016
Purchased a new Nikon lens. I did not like the shade that came with it. I am familiar with the HB-32. It clicks on and off. It stores easily by reversing so it does not take up much space. It is simple and effective.
on August 6, 2014
Perfect. I just bought a new Nikon D5300 with the Nikkor 18-140mm lens...from Beach Camera via Amazon of course. The lens didn't come with any lens hood and I generally use a lens hood about 85% of the time. Good idea for lens protection. I was happy to pick this OEM lens hood. I always prefer OEM especially over imports from China. This IS the real deal. OEM manufactured by Nikon at a reasonable price. Don't be misled by the offers for Nikon HB-32's that are really just fakes made to look like and Nikon with wording in the ads that make you THINK you're getting Nikon.
Fits perfectly! Easy to put on & off.