- Receive a free 8x11 Shutterfly Photo Book promo code via email with select digital camera, lens, sports & action camera, network attached storage, external hard drive, or memory card purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon PC-E FX Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED Fixed Zo..." and save 24% off the $2,046.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nikon PC-E FX Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED Fixed Zoom Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras
|Price:||$2,046.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Perspective control lens with 45mm focal length and f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Lets you shift, tilt, and rotate lens while you shoot for more interesting perspectives
- Shifting range of plus or minus 11.5mm; tilting range of plus or minus 8.5 degrees
- Revolves 90 degrees in either direction; built using Extra-low Dispersion glass elements
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm; measures 3.2 inches in diameter and 4.4 inches long
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Includes aperture ring|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||HB-43|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F (FX)|
|Item Dimensions||3.31 x 3.31 x 4.41 inches|
|Item Weight||1.72 pounds|
|Lens Type||Prime lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.25 m|
|Material Type||Plastic barrel|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||45 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||35mm full frame|
|Minimum Focal Length||45 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Number of Elements||9|
|Number of Groups||8|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||77 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||51 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||2.65 pounds|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Nikon PC-E FX Micro NIKKOR 45mm f/2.8D ED Fixed Zoom Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Beach Camera Same Day Shipping|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (FX)|
|Dimensions||3.31 inches x 4.41 inches x 3.31 inches||2.76 inches x 2.09 inches x 2.76 inches||3.27 inches x 4.25 inches x 3.27 inches||3.27 inches x 4.21 inches x 3.27 inches|
|Item Weight||1.72 pounds||0.44 pounds||1.61 pounds||1.43 pounds|
|Lens||Prime lens||standard-prime||Prime lens||Prime lens|
|Maximum Aperture||Information not provided||1.8||3.5||Information not provided|
|Max Focal Length||45 mm||35 mm||24 mm||85 mm|
|Min Focal Length||45 mm||35 mm||24 mm||85 mm|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
The lens is built using Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements, which offer superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration. Nikon's Nano Crystal Coat, meanwhile, virtually eliminates internal reflections across a wide range of wavelengths to produce even greater image clarity. Other details include a high-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC), which offers superior color performance and substantially reduced ghosting and flare; an auto-aperture control with an electromagnetic diaphragm (requires Nikon D3, D700, or D300 D-SLR camera); and a rounded nine-blade diaphragm that produces a more natural appearance for out-of-focus image elements.
- Focal length: 45mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/32
- Autofocus: No
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor): No
- Compatible formats: FX, DX, FX in DX crop mode, 35mm film
- Distance information: Yes
- ED glass elements: Yes
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC): Yes
- Nano Crystal Coat: Yes
- Minimum focus distance: 0.83 feet
- Angle of view: 51 degrees
- Lens (elements): 9
- ED (elements): 1
- Lens (groups): 8
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 1:2
- Mount type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Filter type: Screw on
- Filter size: 77mm
- Lens attachment size: 77mm
- Lens case: CL-1120 flexible lens pouch
- Lens hood: HB-43 bayonet hood
- Dimensions: 3.2-inch diameter, 4.4 inches long
- Weight: 26.1 ounces
- Supplied accessories: HB-43 bayonet hood, CL-1120 flexible lens pouch, LF-1 rear lens cap, LC-77 snap-on front lens cap
Read about our customers' top-rated lenses and cameras on our review pages: Lenses, Digital SLR Cameras, Compact System Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
I have a writeup on truetoad.com for this lens, on the Trail with the Nikkor 45mm PCE also has some example photos.
This is a large heavy MANUAL lens. Works great on my D800 or D700.
- Focus is manual; The wide focus grip has positive feed back with a perfect balance of resistance - no slop.
- Aperture is manual or on D800/D700 offers a electronic diaphragm; meaning the camera body can stop down the lens.
-- You can also hit the electronic depth of field button on the lens, to check your depth of field as well.
- You need to make all exposures with the lens in the default position (no tilt or shift), then set your camera, then tilt/shift, then take your picture.
You will have to teach yourself to do this, I still forget sometimes.
Knowing this, this lens is not intended for fast action or moving objects - due to the manual nature of the lens. This is a "thinkers" lens.
This lens offers one additional feature: Micro/Macro. It is not a true 1:1 Micro lens, but it does focus very close giving you near Micro capabilities.
I have some micro photo examples on truetoad.com
The lens is best suited for landscapes, or when you need to control distortion for tall or wide objects, or for a focus point (hard to explain).
- You can also shift backgrounds out of focus or create foregrounds that are in sharp focus and everything else with nice Bokeh.
The lens has four knobs, two are larger for the tilt shift, and two are for locking the lens in place.Read more ›
Drawbacks, yes there are some. The tilt function is set to move in the opposite axis as the shift (if the shift is set to vertical axis the tilt function is in the horizontal axis. Nikon will adjust this to be the same plane for a $135 fee.
This may or may not be important to you. Also, the lens works well by making the lens set the aperture via the command dials unlike earlier PC lenses. This is NOT an AF lens.
I was initially concerned with the high price of both lenses and the fact that they are manual focus, but their quality in all aspects is worthy of the price and manual focus turned out to be extremely easy and precise on my d300 and d700 cameras.
But is it sharp? Incredible image quality! I use it mostly on my D610 and my D810, but have also used it on my D7100 and D300s. On DX format cameras it has a effective focal length of 67.5 mm (1.5 X factor).
It is an expensive lens! But what are your photos worth? One feature that I was unaware of is the ability to tilt and shift at any angle! The lens has the ability to rotate - via click stops - in 30` increments which opens up many possibilities! The f-stop range is f-2.8 to f-32. The f2.8 makes focusing very easy and provides a shallow DOF if that is what you need. At f-32, you'll have ample DOF for many different types of photos. I have been using it, mainly, for tabletop photos.
I have shot with Nikon cameras and lenses for over 45 years! This lens exceeds my expectations!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Manual lense but incredibly sharp and diverse. One of my favorite Nikon lenses.Published 9 months ago by Marshall A. Hawkins
Awesome, sharp lens !
I can almost substitute this with the 50mm 1.4G. The focusing is very easy and lens is solid.
I use mainly for weddings with a Nikon D800. Read more
I love this lens. It provides just enough of the movements of larger format cameras to make it a compelling studio lens.Published on January 30, 2013 by Tripp Harrington
I owned the 24mm PC-E for a long time and after getting rid of it bought this one when I missed the creative aspects of TS photography. Quality wise, this lens is fantastic. Read morePublished on May 22, 2012 by Daniel Hoherd