Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Vibr..." and save 27% off the $899.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Vibration Reduction Fixed Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.0 ft.( 0.314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens
- Weighs 27.9 ounces, and measures 3.3 x 4.5 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
- Lens not zoomable
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||HB-38|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F (FX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Image Stabilization||Vibration reduction (VR II) up to 4 stops|
|Item Dimensions||3.27 x 3.27 x 4.57 inches|
|Item Display Weight||789 grams|
|Item Weight||1.74 pounds|
|Lens Type||Prime lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.31 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||105 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||35mm full frame|
|Minimum Focal Length||105 mm|
|Minimum Focal Range||105 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Number of Elements||14|
|Number of Groups||12|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||62 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||23 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||2.5 pounds|
|Style Name||Lens Only|
Compare to similar items
This item Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Vibration Reduction Fixed Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Abe's Electronics Center||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Adorama Camera||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (DX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic||automatic_only, manual_only||Ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||3.27 x 4.57 x 3.27 in||2.87 x 2.87 x 3.74 in||2.87 x 3.5 x 2.87 in||2.76 x 2.09 x 2.76 in||3.07 x 5 x 3.07 in||2.87 x 3.9 x 2.87 in|
|Item Weight||1.74 lbs||—||—||7.05 ounces||2.5 lbs||0.78 lb|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||macro||Prime lens||standard-prime||Prime lens||Prime lens|
|Maximum Aperture||2.8||32 in||2.8||1.8||f/2.8||3.5|
|Maximum Focal Length||105 millimeters||100||60 millimeters||35 millimeters||105 millimeters||85 millimeters|
|Minimum Aperture||32||2.8 in||32||22||22||32|
|Minimum Focal Length||105 millimeters||100||60 millimeters||35 millimeters||105 millimeters||85 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||62 millimeters||55 millimeters||62 millimeters||52 millimeters||62 millimeters||52 millimeters|
NIKON 105MM F2.8G VR MICRO (2160).Compatibility: G-type lenses are fully compatible with all current camera models (as of 01/04). The older camera models F4, N90/s, N70, N8008/s, N6000 will only work in Program and Shutter Priority modes. Note: VR feature will only work with Nikon's F6, F5, F100, N80, N75, N65, D100 & D1 and D2-series (or any newer model) cameras.Note: AF-S feature is not supported by certain camera models. Please click here for a list of compatible models.
From the Manufacturer
This medium telephoto Micro lens is ideal for extreme close-up and portrait work with greater working distances and AF from infinity to life-size (1:1)
- The world’s first macro lens featuring Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile for all photographic situations
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance thorough the focus range
- High-resolution and high optical performance with Nano Crystal Coat and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements enhances overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations, contributing to improved color, contrast and clarity
- Non-rotating front design is convenient for use with circular polarizing filters and the R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When hand holding the lens and using the optical viewfinder, the auto-focus is pretty accurate too. I did however need to work on my hand holding technique. At first I thought the lens was back focusing, but after some practice with my hand holding technique, I found the lens works fine. I was just moving too much and ignoring the focus confirmation. Once I slowed down, relaxed, and made sure the green dot was visible, my hand held viewfinder shots got much clearer.
This lens will hunt in dimly lit conditions. When light is good, I find it to focus quickly and accurately. I also found that with practice, it hunts less than when I first got it.
Overall I'm happy with my purchase!
This one is a worthy replacement. It's quite simply an absolutely wonderful lens. That it's sharp and constrasty and has all the other optical goodnesses doesn't need saying. You expect that. But it's also a joy to use. The focus ring is precise (not always the case with lenses these days). It's well-sealed. On a D810, it's well-balanced.
I have the 70-200 f/2.8 and this lens of course falls within that focal length range. But I find myself mounting this lens and "zooming with my feet" more than I expected to.
Definitely worth the purchase for capturing tiny toes & perfect features. I'm by no means a "micro" photographer, but it was exactly what I was looking for in quality for newborns.
1) Excellent image quality
2) The AF motor is indeed extremely quiet, it makes a quiet pur as compared to more convential AF systems which make a loud mechanical buzzing sound.
3) The bokeh is excellent.
4) Feels sturdy and well built (because it is)
5) The hood is very nice even though the hood mount on mine seems to be slightly crooked. Such a small matter that I won't knock any points.
6) Makes for a very nice short telephoto lens as well
1) Very heavy, if you have a tripod that uses removable plates I recommend you do not use it in conjunction with this lens.
2) The VR doesn't seem to work that well at macro distances
3) Focal length seems to "breath" ever so slightly as you focus in or out. Makes it a little difficult to frame your subject at times but the difference can't be much more than 5-10mm focal length either way so it's not a deal breaker.
4) At 62mm, the lens mount is large meaning any filters you buy will tend to be a bit more expensive. Personally I only ever use a UV filter. Plus the extra cost of filters is small compared to the quality of the images you'll get out of this lens.
Other than that, the AF is a bit quirky in that it doesn't seem to want to work at macro distances. You have to manually focus to within the ballpark of where you want it to focus and then use auto focus (if at all). I actually prefer it that way. Hell, it might even be standard but this is my first AF macro lens.
All in all this lens is a must buy for Nikon users who are into macro photography, particularly bug photographers. The sample photos on this page speak for themselves.
Most recent customer reviews
D90. Sharp auto or manual focus, no corner blurring.Read more