Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Vibr...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 24% off the $899.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Vibration Reduction Fixed Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
|Price:||$899.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.0 ft.( 0.314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens
- Weighs 27.9 ounces, and measures 3.3 x 4.5 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
- Lens not zoomable
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||HB-38|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F (FX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Image Stabilization||Vibration reduction (VR II) up to 4 stops|
|Item Dimensions||3.27 x 3.27 x 4.57 inches|
|Item Display Weight||789 grams|
|Item Weight||1.74 pounds|
|Lens Type||Prime lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.31 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||105 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||35mm full frame|
|Minimum Focal Length||105 mm|
|Minimum Focal Range||105 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Number of Elements||14|
|Number of Groups||12|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||62 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||23 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||2.5 pounds|
|Style Name||Lens Only|
Compare to similar items
This item Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Vibration Reduction Fixed Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||6ave||Beach Camera Same Day Shipping||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (FX)||—||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (DX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||automatic_only, manual_only||Ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||3.27 x 4.57 x 3.27 in||3.07 x 5 x 3.07 in||2.87 x 2.87 x 3.74 in||2.72 x 2.56 x 2.72 in||2.87 x 3.5 x 2.87 in||2.87 x 3.9 x 2.87 in|
|Item Weight||1.74 lbs||2.5 lbs||1.26 lbs||0.52 lb||—||0.78 lb|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||Prime lens||macro||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens|
|Maximum Aperture||2.8||f/2.8||32 in||2.8||2.8||3.5|
|Maximum Focal Length||105 millimeters||105 millimeters||100||40 millimeters||60 millimeters||85 millimeters|
|Minimum Aperture||32||22||2.8 in||22||32||32|
|Minimum Focal Length||105 millimeters||105 millimeters||100||40 millimeters||60 millimeters||85 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||62 millimeters||62 millimeters||55 millimeters||52 millimeters||62 millimeters||52 millimeters|
NIKON 105MM F2.8G VR MICRO (2160).Compatibility: G-type lenses are fully compatible with all current camera models (as of 01/04). The older camera models F4, N90/s, N70, N8008/s, N6000 will only work in Program and Shutter Priority modes. Note: VR feature will only work with Nikon's F6, F5, F100, N80, N75, N65, D100 & D1 and D2-series (or any newer model) cameras.Note: AF-S feature is not supported by certain camera models. Please click here for a list of compatible models.
From the Manufacturer
This medium telephoto Micro lens is ideal for extreme close-up and portrait work with greater working distances and AF from infinity to life-size (1:1)
- The world’s first macro lens featuring Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile for all photographic situations
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance thorough the focus range
- High-resolution and high optical performance with Nano Crystal Coat and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements enhances overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations, contributing to improved color, contrast and clarity
- Non-rotating front design is convenient for use with circular polarizing filters and the R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System
Top Customer Reviews
My only regret was not getting this lens sooner.
Eventually I got used to the weight and my pictures started getting better and better. Now they are tack sharp, and the bokeh is to die for. If you get super close to something, you will have to put the lens on manual mode because it has trouble focusing. And you do not have to use a tripod with a bit of practice. The only thing I haven't mastered yet, is bees, and I'm getting better. They are fast! I've heard that it's a really good portrait lens too. I can't wait to try.
So don't let everyone saying it's too heavy, keep you from buying this lens. In the end you will not be sorry that you did.
There are certainly cheaper lenses that offer macro capability, but most of these lack the focal length necessary to shoot insects or other tiny subjects without having to get so close as to drive them away. This lens is just long enough (105mm, or really more like 160 if shooting on a DX mount as I am) to capture tiny scenes without disturbing them. That, and it is RAZOR sharp. This lens makes better use of VR than any other I've owned, allowing me to even (carefully, with both hands) shoot sharp handheld landscape shots on a gray, cloudy day. This is the only telescopic lens about which I would comfortably make that claim.
I saved for months to buy this lens, and as soon as it finally arrived I knew I had made the right choice. It is heavy, but also incredibly solid; if I can keep the glass clean and scratch-free, I expect it to keep churning out great shots for decades to come.