Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Vibr..." and save 32% off the $899.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Vibration Reduction Fixed Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
|Price:||$896.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.0 ft.( 0.314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens
- Weighs 27.9 ounces, and measures 3.3 x 4.5 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
- Lens not zoomable
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||HB-38|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F (FX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Image Stabilization||Vibration reduction (VR II) up to 4 stops|
|Item Dimensions||3.27 x 3.27 x 4.57 inches|
|Item Display Weight||789 grams|
|Item Weight||1.74 pounds|
|Lens Type||Prime lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.31 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||105 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||35mm full frame|
|Minimum Focal Length||105 mm|
|Minimum Focal Range||105 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Number of Elements||14|
|Number of Groups||12|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||62 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||23 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||2.5 pounds|
|Style Name||Lens Only|
Compare to similar items
This item Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Vibration Reduction Fixed Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Wiki Deals||Cameta Camera||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (DX)|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic||automatic_only, manual_only||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||3.27 x 4.57 x 3.27 in||2.87 x 2.87 x 3.74 in||3.07 x 5 x 3.07 in||2.87 x 3.5 x 2.87 in||2.72 x 2.56 x 2.72 in||2.87 x 3.9 x 2.87 in|
|Item Weight||1.74 lbs||1.26 lbs||2.5 lbs||—||0.52 lb||0.78 lb|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||macro||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens|
|Maximum Aperture||2.8||32 in||f/2.8||2.8||2.8||3.5|
|Maximum Focal Length||105 millimeters||100||105 millimeters||60 millimeters||40 millimeters||85 millimeters|
|Minimum Aperture||32||2.8 in||22||32||22||32|
|Minimum Focal Length||105 millimeters||100||105 millimeters||60 millimeters||40 millimeters||85 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||62 millimeters||55 millimeters||62 millimeters||62 millimeters||52 millimeters||52 millimeters|
NIKON 105MM F2.8G VR MICRO (2160).Compatibility: G-type lenses are fully compatible with all current camera models (as of 01/04). The older camera models F4, N90/s, N70, N8008/s, N6000 will only work in Program and Shutter Priority modes. Note: VR feature will only work with Nikon's F6, F5, F100, N80, N75, N65, D100 & D1 and D2-series (or any newer model) cameras.Note: AF-S feature is not supported by certain camera models. Please click here for a list of compatible models.
From the Manufacturer
This medium telephoto Micro lens is ideal for extreme close-up and portrait work with greater working distances and AF from infinity to life-size (1:1)
- The world’s first macro lens featuring Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile for all photographic situations
- Vibration Reduction, engineered specifically for each VR NIKKOR lens, enables handheld shooting at up to 4 shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper still images and video capture
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject working distance thorough the focus range
- High-resolution and high optical performance with Nano Crystal Coat and Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements enhances overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations, contributing to improved color, contrast and clarity
- Non-rotating front design is convenient for use with circular polarizing filters and the R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System
Top customer reviews
My only regret was not getting this lens sooner.
Eventually I got used to the weight and my pictures started getting better and better. Now they are tack sharp, and the bokeh is to die for. If you get super close to something, you will have to put the lens on manual mode because it has trouble focusing. And you do not have to use a tripod with a bit of practice. The only thing I haven't mastered yet, is bees, and I'm getting better. They are fast! I've heard that it's a really good portrait lens too. I can't wait to try.
So don't let everyone saying it's too heavy, keep you from buying this lens. In the end you will not be sorry that you did.
This lens is pretty much the do-it-all kind of device. You can shoot macro...you can definitely use it for portraiture (it's almost the ideal focal length for portraits). You can even use it for landscapes, if you want to isolate a subject from its background.
The bokeh this lens produces is clean and well-defined. The subject leaps out of a soft, creamy background, especially at wider apertures.
This lens uses the 62mm filter size...I strongly recommend getting a clear or UV filter to keep on the front of the lens at all times to protect the front lens element. A UV or clear filter will help prevent dust and debris from settling on or inside the front of the lens, and will also help protect it in case you bump into something.
The lens comes with the HB-38 lens hood, a sizable hood which further aids in protection of the front of the lens.
Vibration Reduction works well...it affords the photographer the ability to get shots indoors in low light that would otherwise require a flash or higher ISO. I can routinely get crisp, clear shots with no motion blur at shutter speeds of around 1/15 second...something I cannot do with other lenses that don't have VR.
It's not a heavy lens, nor is it especially light. You can easily carry this lens around on your shoulder all day without a problem. It doesn't quite have the strong, tank-like feel of other Nikon pro lenses (I would not feel comfortable dropping this lens onto a hard surface); it doesn't feel like the body is made of metal as much as it is composite plastic...which is ok, since it keeps the weight down. Considering the lens has a reach of 105mm at f/2.8, I think the weight of the lens is very acceptable.
I've never experience any issues with lens flare or ghosting, and I've used it a great deal in sunlight.
Personally, I think this lens is worth every penny of it's sales price. It's not an inexpensive lens, but considering how well-rounded it is and how well it performs, the price is very fair and reasonable.
I'd recommend the 105mm Micro-Nikkor to anyone who's looking for an excellent performing macro or portrait lens.
Most recent customer reviews
D90. Sharp auto or manual focus, no corner blurring.Read more