- Receive a free 8x11 Shutterfly Photo Book promo code via email with select digital camera, lens, sports & action camera, network attached storage, external hard drive, or memory card purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Zoom Lens w...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 12% off the $1,899.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
|Price:||$1,896.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Focal Length Range : 14 -24 mm
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.9 ft.( 0.28 m)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||Hood built-in|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F (FX)|
|Item Dimensions||3.86 x 3.86 x 5.2 inches|
|Item Display Weight||2.2 pounds|
|Item Weight||2.14 pounds|
|Lens Type||Zoom lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.28 m|
|Material Type||Plastic barrel|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||24 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||35mm full frame|
|Minimum Focal Length||14 mm|
|Minimum Focal Range||10.8 inches|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Number of Elements||14|
|Number of Groups||11|
|Real Angle Of View||114|
|Shipping Weight||3.35 pounds|
|Style Name||D300 w/ 18-200mm Lens|
|Zoom Type||Motorized Zoom|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Compatible Mountings||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (FX)|
|Dimensions||3.86 inches x 5.2 inches x 3.86 inches||2.76 inches x 2.09 inches x 2.76 inches||3.27 inches x 4.92 inches x 3.27 inches||3.27 inches x 5.24 inches x 3.27 inches|
|Item Weight||2.14 pounds||0.44 pounds||1.5 pounds||1.98 pounds|
|Lens||Zoom lens||standard-prime||Zoom lens||Zoom lens|
|Max Focal Length||24 mm||35 mm||35 mm||70 mm|
|Min Focal Length||14 mm||35 mm||16 mm||24 mm|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
- Fast aperture, high-performance, ultra-wide-angle zoom optimized for FX- and DX-format sensors featuring Nikon’s exclusive ED Glass and Nano Crystal Coat
- Fast, ultra wide-angle AF-S zoom lens optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX- (23.9 x 36mm) and DX-format image sensors
- Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements and PGM aspherical lenses control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast even at the widest aperture settings
- Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful, super-quiet operation
- Focus as close as 10.8 inches at the 24mm setting
- M/A focus mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between auto and manual focus operation
- Enhanced optical formulas engineered to produce exceptional sharpness, contrast and color, rendering outstanding image integrity
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range
- Rugged construction with professional-grade dust and moisture resistance
Top Customer Reviews
Yes, it's that good. If you check around the web, you will see the pros falling over themselves for this lens after they test it. It's built like a tank and is precise as a Swiss watch.
The obvious drawbacks are there - heavy, does not accept screw-in filters, and expensive. But it is a great lens and deserves five stars.
And for those who like to shoot photos when the sun is out, you too will not be disappointed. For landscapes, it still kinda rules, and as a bonus, builds muscle if you take it hiking.
Undoubtedly, you are agonizing between alternatives for less coin and this lens, as many might. Quality alternatives might include the new Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 or the Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED, but I have no experience with these, but have seen good work done with these (and I see a lot of night sky photography, as I am an Admin for two long exposure photography groups on Facebook). I previously tried the considerably more inexpensive Tokina 16-28 f/2.8, which is a good, solid lens for about a third of the price, but cannot compare to this lens, as it is considerably softer in the corners until at least f/4. Regardless, the 14-24mm f/2.8 is the gold standard for any ultra wide angle lens for night sky photography.
What is this lens exactly? And why do I recommend it?
First off, this lens can be used by pros and amateur alike. The price is steep and this is considered a pro lens, but if you enjoy super wide angle zooms, do not hesitate.
There are 2 "pro" lenses that reach the 14mm mark. This lens and the 14mm 2.8 "prime" lens (fixed focal length - ie..not a zoom). This lens is considered by many professionals and critics alike as not only the better of the two, but one of the best lens Nikon has ever made. Some of the advantages this lens has -
- fast 2.8 f-stop
- sharpness through out the entire range
- great build quality
- little of the distortion found in cheap wide angle lenses.
There are some drawbacks to this lens. None are really enough to warrant either a drop in review stars or hesitation in buying it.
- It is heavy
- This lens CANNOT take a screw-in filter. It has a mounted hood that cannot be removed and a big bulb of curved glass
- It is expensive (get what you pay for)
- using this (or any ultra wide angle lens or zoom lens) takes practice. People in other forums write that they bought this lens but never use it. It just sits in their camera bag. That is actually sad to hear as this lens is perfection. If you are asking yourself if you want to buy this lens, think about all the possibilities for it. They really are endless, and to hear this gem of a lens sits in a bag is to hear about a photographer that really needs to look at the world in a new and exciting way.
I used the 10-24 mm DX lens prior to my buying this lens. I used that lens all the time for both professional and hobby photography. I know I will use this lens just as much. My first few photoshoots have produced amazing results (combined with a new D3s btw)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Didn't know it till I owned it but... this lens is a MUST HAVE! Crisp, sharp images and minimal distortion even at 14mm.Published 6 days ago by DotScott1
I get crystal clear compliments from everybody looking at the resulting photos. The lens gives little distortion and provides excellent 14mm wide angle shots.Published 1 month ago by Skip B.
Although it's a tad heavier than I expected, the end result is totally worth it. I love this lens.Published 1 month ago by Keith A. Misener
The lens I bought has some delamination on the lens mount, which causes particles to enter the camera when it is taken on and off.Published 1 month ago by D. Gines
Love this lens!!!! Everything good the have to say about it is true, very little distortion wide open, clear and great color. Love It!!!!Published 2 months ago by Ralph R. English
Why the 5 stars you say? Well... This lens is extraordinary! This lens is an all-in-one package. If you're debating on getting a wide angle prime lens, I suggest of getting this... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Mark Garcia
I haven't learned all of the features of this lens yet but it's initial use the photos are just amazing. I'm using it with the D810 and haven't encountered any problems. Read morePublished 3 months ago by jackpast
Best lens I've ever purchased. I use with D7100, looking to upgrade to a full frame body now that I have this beautiful lense. Read morePublished 4 months ago by D. Vader