Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon AF S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Fixed Lens with Auto..." and save 16% off the $479.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Cameras & Camcorders Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Nikon AF S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Fixed Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal Focus, Focal Length: 85 mm, Minimum Focus Range: 0.80 m
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades:7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- M/A focus mode switch
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- 85mm Fixed Lens, Maximum Reproduction Ratio 0.12 x
- Fast aperture medium telephone lens
|Lens Compatibility Information: FX and DX lenses can be mounted on all Nikon DSLR cameras. However, using a DX lens on an FX camera or an FX lens on a DX camera will result in a 1.5x crop factor.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 85mm f/1.4G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED Fixed Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras
Nikon AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Close-up Lens for Nikon DSLR Cameras
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (DX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (FX)||Nikon F (DX)|
|Focus Type||Ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||3.15 x 2.87 x 3.15 in||2.76 x 2.09 x 2.76 in||3.43 x 3.31 x 3.43 in||2.91 x 2.13 x 2.91 in||2.83 x 2.83 x 2.83 in||2.72 x 2.56 x 2.72 in|
|Item Weight||0.77 lb||7.05 ounces||1.31 lbs||0.64 lb||0.67 lb||0.52 lb|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||standard-prime||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens|
|Maximum Focal Length||85 millimeters||35 millimeters||85 millimeters||50 millimeters||35 millimeters||40 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||85 millimeters||35 millimeters||85 millimeters||50 millimeters||35 millimeters||40 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||67 millimeters||52 millimeters||77 millimeters||58 millimeters||58 millimeters||52 millimeters|
Fast aperture medium telephoto lens Internal Focus Silent Wave Motor (SWM) M/A focus mode switch Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
(I shoot with a Nikon D610)
I already have a 35mm lens....will this replace it? I was hopeful that it would just so I could sell and make some money to offset the cost of this lens but No - it will be it's new best friend. :D The two are a perfect pairing.
35mm is great for everyday use. It sees as my eye sees and it's so easy to catch great photos and you wont find yourself limited in a small room (too far/too close). The aperature/background blur looks professional, it's lightweight and short so it's easy to take anywhere. This 85 has the same aperature but because you're increasing the space between you and your subject the blur is gorgeous especially for portraits. At quick glance you won't notice a huge difference in the blur but it is enough to make me very happy with my purchase. It's obviously a good bit longer (and heavier) which has pros and cons to the 35mm. The first being that I don't have to be so close to my subjects. With adults this is a plus as I feel they feel more comfortable when my lens is not up in their face. With small children this is a con as it limits the interactions I'm able to have with them since I'm so far away. In some instances I find it's a perfect length and I have to do less chasing to get my photo, in others I find myself in the street to get the shot I want of my kids in the front yard. It just depends on your environment. This is not an ideal indoor lens. It's too long and you wont get anything but heads. Birthday parties, family get togethers...this is not your lens. But take it outdoors and FALL in love with it. My point is - if you had to pick just one lens, the 35mm is the most versatile but the 85mm is it's prettier, older sister. :) I am quickly seeing how I love having the 85mm in my life.
- This lens and the 50mm 1.8g are arguably the best value lenses that Nikon makes. The $100 instant rebates Nikon has been having on this lens recently make it a steal!
- Super, ridiculously sharp from 1.8
- Focus is silent, fast, and spot on with my D7000
- Beautiful bokeh
- 99% of the $1500 85mm 1.4G for 1/3 of the price.
- Override manual focus with a touch.
- Includes lens hood
- Perfect portrait lens for DX or FX.
- Made from durable, bounce off the concrete proof plastic instead of metal. Not sure if this is really a con.
I sold my $1000+ Nikon 85mm 1.4D and have never looked back. That lens focused slower, less accurate, and wasn't quite as sharp at 1.8. The only thing better about the 85 1.4D was that it was a hunk of solid metal and this lens is durable plastic. My pictures with the 1.8G are just as beautiful as the 1.4D. I don't regret selling the more expensive lens for one second after my experience with amazing lens.