Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon Coolpix P100 10 MP Digital Camera with 26x O..." and save 82% off the $399.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Nikon Coolpix P100 10 MP Digital Camera with 26x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 3-Inch LCD (Black) (OLD MODEL)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5-way VR Image Stabilization System and Smart Portrait System
- Full 1080p HD movie recording at 30fps and HDMI output
- 26x wide-angle optical zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens
- 10.3 megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches and backside illumination CMOS sensor
- Bright 3.0-inch vari-angle high resolution HVGA Clear Color Display
- 10.3 megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches; backside illumination CMOS sensor
- 26x wide-angle optical zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Auto Focus Technology|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||10 fps|
|Display Fixture Type||Tilting|
|Display Resolution Maximum||460,000|
|Display Size||3 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||10 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||3,200|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||80|
|External Memory Included||Yes|
|Flash Memory Type||SD/SDHC, Internal|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|Focus Type||Autofocus & Manual|
|Form Factor||SLR-like (bridge)|
|ISO Range||Auto (80 - 3200)|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Included Components||Nikon Coolpix Case Included|
|Item Dimensions||3.3 x 4.5 x 3.9 inches|
|Item Weight||1.06 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||4.1 grams|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.7 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||0.33 ounces|
|Macro Focus Range||1 cm|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8 - F5.0|
|Maximum Focal Length||678 mm|
|Maximum Shutter Speed||1/2000 of a second|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||3,648|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Minimum Focal Length||26 mm|
|Minimum Shutter Speed||4 seconds|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||10.3 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS|
|Photo Sensor Technology||BSI-CMOS|
|Processor Description||Expeed C2|
|Removable Memory||Secure Digital card|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||2.25 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium-ion EN-EL5 battery & charger|
|Video Capture Format||H.264|
|Video Capture Resolution||1920 x 1080 (30 fps), 1280 x 720 (30 fps), 640 x 480 (30 fps), 320 x 240 (30 fps)|
|Water Resistance Level||Not Water Resistant|
From the Manufacturer
Zoom closer, shoot faster, and do more with Nikon's Coolpix P100, with its new CMOS sensor, 10.3 effective megapixels and incredible 26x optical Zoom-Nikkor ED glass lens. The cameras huge bright 3.0-inch high-resolution HVGA (460k-dot) vari-angle LCD and Electronic Viewfinder makes it easy to compose and share your pictures. Shoot Full HD (1080i) video with stereo sound as well as high-speed 10fps shooting at full resolution.
True versatility with a 26x optical zoom, 26mm wide-angle capability, and superb image quality
Coolpix P100, a new compact digital camera model that offers an impressive focal range, wide-angle coverage, and exceptional image quality. Incorporating the precision optics of a Nikkor lens and the image quality benefits of Nikon's innovative EXPEED digital image-processing concept, the Coolpix P100 is a tool that brings flexibility and fun to photography.
A new 26x zoom, Nikkor ED glass lens for the Coolpix P100 covers a broad focal range of 26mm wide-angle through 678mm super-telephoto (35mm format equivalent). It even covers macro shooting ability from as close as 1 cm (0.4 in.). The compositional freedom of this versatile reach and range is further enhanced by a 3-inch vari-angle high resolution Clear Color Display that can be tilted as much as 90 degrees upward or 82 degrees downward.
Nikon Coolpix P100 Feature Highlights
EXPEED digital imaging technology
Nikon's smarter approach to digital imaging technology. From image capture to processing, Nikon's comprehensive EXPEED digital imaging concept encompasses the entire picture-taking operation. EXPEED is much more than a processing engine; it is a revolution in digital photography.
Backside illumination CMOS sensor for advanced performance
The advanced performance of the new CMOS image sensor brings in-camera Backlit Scene HDR (High Dynamic Range) imaging to the Coolpix P100. HDR merges some images of the same scene to create an image with a range of tonal detail that could not be captured in a single photo. Night Landscape mode also benefits from a function that combines a series of consecutive shots taken at a fast shutter speed into a single, clearer image when taking handheld shots at night. Further extending its potential as a versatile photographic tool, the Coolpix P100 features high-speed shooting. This capability allows users to shoot consecutive images in maximum size 3648 x 2736 (10M) at a rapid 10-fps (approx.). Other high-speed options include Sport Continuous Mode (120-fps) and Pre-shooting Cache.
3-inch vari-angle 460k-dot TFT LCD featuring Nikon's Clear Color Display and electronic viewfinder
In addition to its 3-inch high-resolution vari-angle LCD featuring Clear Color Display with anti-reflection coating, the Coolpix P100 features the versatility of an electronic viewfinder that further enhances compositional freedom and accuracy under all lighting conditions. The vibrant 3.0-inch 460k-dot VGA display offers twice the clarity and detail of standard cameras for stunning image reproduction.
High-Definition movie recording
*Recording stops automatically after 29 minutes. This figure is based on in-house testing standards and stated for recording at 25°C with a fully charged EN-EL5 battery. Actual results may vary greatly depending on factors that include differences in ambient temperature, and the amount of zoom and autofocus operations used.
Five advanced image stabilizing features* help ensure sharper results
* The camera selects and uses only the features required to optimize each image.
Nikon's Smart Portrait System with Skin Softening
Four exposure modes P, S, A and M
The Mode Dial provides quick access to the rich creative possibilities offered by advanced Programmed Auto [P], Shutter-priority Auto [S], Aperture-priority Auto [A], and Manual [M] exposure modes.
Innovative Active D-Lighting function
Enabled during shooting, Active D-Lighting is a unique technology that adds light and detail where necessary while leaving correctly exposed areas untouched to produce significantly improved images with a more natural-looking finish.
Nikon Coolpix P100 Other Features
- 17 scene modes for optimized shooting in various settings
- Scene Auto Selector
- Subject Tracking
- Optimize image (including monochrome filter effect)
- Active Zoom
- 1:1 size format
- Distortion Control
- Quick Retouch
- Approx. 43 MB of internal memory
- USB charging via Charging AC Adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR) or PC
- HDMI connectivity
- EN-EL5 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- EH-68P AC Adapter/Charger
- UC-E6 USB Cable
- EG-CP14 Audio Video Cable
- AN-CP21 Strap
- Coolpix Software Suite CD-ROM
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
The two highlights that amazed me were the Nikon's focusing indicator system. It is so cool that when you shoot a bouquet of flowers the display shows you each blossom chosen by the matrix focusing system. You click the shutter with the knowledge that it is choosing what you want. Wonderful. The second highlight is the range of the optics from good macro, nice wide angle, and amazing telephoto. Please see the photos I uploaded showing how well this camera compares. What the Nikon lacks mostly comes down to smooth tones and fine detail at high ISOs; and this is only because it is being compared to a large sensor camera. The images would easily pass a fairly critical viewer on an 8x10 print and seem to be better than previous cameras with this size sensor.
Pros (so far):
Great focus indicator system, Display shows small green squares over selected objects for focus = ready to shoot, red square = not ready
Light, easy to hold good fit to my medium sized hands.Read more ›
1. a really wide angle lens (26mm) for those close up shots and scenery shots (you know, the church with all of the spires that you have to backup all the way around the block to get into the picture).
2. a fantastic mechanical zoom lens that goes up to 678mm to bring in those distant shots (an with a tripod, the digital zoom puts you into the far objects pocket!). Keep in mind that with a zoom this large, holding it by hand is NOT going to produce a nice picture no matter how much stabilization is built into the camera!
3. One handed camera that is easy to use with a single hand and light enough to do so all day!
4. An articulated view screen that allows you to take pictures over the head of everyone crowding around the parade and still see what you are taking a picture of; it even allows you to take the pictue under the legs of someone standing in front of you or take that shot of a flower without having to bend down!
5. A camera body and lens that looks exactly like the SLR Digital Nikon! The only difference is you have a nice range of lens options that the other person (with the SLR) has to keep changing lenses to obtain. The camera also weighs a lot less and certainly costs a LOT less!!!
6. A wide range of shooting options from fully automatic to manual over-rides. Several scene modes also help with fast actions shots and close-ups.
7. A camera that you will not grow out of soon and one that even pleases the pro when they do not want to fuss with things.
8. the option to use a view finder if you want to! Yes, I know the 3 inch screen is nice, but if it is really sunny, the view finder works much better.Read more ›
My philosophy of picture taking is that I want to remember vacations, excursions, etc.; my ideal camera would see things the way my eye does except for bionic enhancements like night vision, zoom, etc.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
After 6 years I still use this camera. But not as often since smart phones are easier bc we all have them with us.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
I've used every option and it's good enough for me; have had it several years now.Published 7 months ago by Richard
Only worked for about a year. Battery wouldn't stay charged and the lens cap didn't fit.Published 8 months ago by t0rman
This is a wonderful camera. The zoom on it is incredible. I use it to take pictures of the moon and they are very clear, well focused and look close close enough to see detailed... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Amazon Customer
I freaking love my camera! It takes professional quality photos and it never lets me down.Published 13 months ago by starr
I didn't want to learn to use an SLR, but wanted something with similar quality. This fits the bill. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Okie CatFan
I take pictures all the time and love my Nikon. If you are not interested in spending a lot but want a great camera, this is the one for you. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Marilyn
I love this camera because it has a viewfinder to look through not just a big window that you can't see in the sun. It came with a case but no directions. Read morePublished 16 months ago by J S Deran