Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Nikon Coolpix S1100pj 14 MP Digital Camera with 5x..." and save 66% off the $299.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Nikon Coolpix S1100pj 14 MP Digital Camera with 5x Wide Angle Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 3-Inch LCD and Built-in Projector (Black) (OLD MODEL)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 5x wide-angle optical Zoom-Nikkor glass lens
- 3-inch touch-screen display; 5-way VR Image Stabilization system
- HD (720p)movie recording with One-Touch control button
- Capture images and video to SD/SDHC memory card (not included)
- Incredible built-in projector; 14.1-megapixel CCD sensor
- 5x wide-angle optical Zoom-Nikkor glass lens
- 3-inch touch-screen display; 5-way VR Image Stabilization system
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Project pictures and videos onto flat surfaces; control key camera functions with the touch of a fingertip to the 3", high resolution Touch Screen. Incredible Built-in projector - Share slide shows - with music, if you'd like - as well as HD movies by projecting them from the camera onto any flat surface. 5-way VR Image Stabilization System 3 Touch Clear Color Display - High Resolution (460,000-dot) display for still images and HD movies that come alive with rich detail and improved contrast. The Touch Control Display makes it easy to write or draw on your pictures - even while they're being projected.Specifications Effective Pixels - 14.1 million Image Sensor - 1/2.3-in. type CCD Lens - 5x optical zoom, NIKKOR lens Lens Focal Length - 5.0-25.0mm (equivalent to that of 28-140mm lens in 35mm format) Lens f/-number - f/3.9-5.8 Lens Construction - 13 elements in 9 groups Vibration Reduction - Combination of lens-shift and electronic VR (still pictures) / Lens-shift (movies) Monitor - 3 TFT LCD (touch panel) Media - 79MB internal memory/SD/SDHC/SDXC media File Formats - JPEG, WAV, MOV (video - MPEG-4 AVC/H.264) Image Size - Still image up to 4320 x 3240 (14M) / Video up to 720p, 640 x 480 (VGA) Built-in Flash Control - TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes Interfaces - USB, A/V Output Projection system - Single lamp/single LCD panel Projection LCD panel - One 0.4-in reflective panel with an aspect ratio of 4 - 3 921,000-dot (approx.) Projector lens - 21mm f/3.5, manual focus Projector Light Source - One high luminance white LED Projector Image Size - 13 to 120cm (5 to 47-in.) Projector Throw Distance - Approx. 0.26 to 2.4m (10in. to 7ft. 10in.) Projector Brightness - Up to 14 lumens Projector Resolution (output) - VGA equivalent Power - Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied) Dimensions (HxWxD) - 2.5 x 4.0 x 1.0 in. Weight - 6.4 oz.
From the Manufacturer
Sure to be the center of attention at any gathering, the 14.1-megapixel Coolpix S1100pj's built-in projector can cast its pictures and HD movies onto any flat surface. Touch-Screen technology also sets this Nikon compact apart, as its 3-inch, high resolution (460K-dot) Touch Screen provides fingertip control of key camera functions. The S1100pj features a variety of photo editing and drawing functions to add additional fun to the image-sharing experience. Also offers a 5x 28-140mm Zoom Nikkor glass lens, Optical VR Image Stabilization, ISO up to 6400, Motion Detection, HD (720p) movie recording, and Smart Portrait System and Touch Shutter.
Built-in projector brings fun to any gathering
The Coolpix S1100pj features a new built-in projector that allows the instant sharing of both still images and movies at the touch of a button. Images can be projected up to 7 feet 10 inches at an image size of up to 47 inches diagonally. Projected images can also be viewed simultaneously on the camera's high resolution LCD screen, you can even "draw" on the camera's touch screen while projecting an image! In addition to photos and HD movie clips, you can also project data stored on a PC. This adds potential for use in business situations as well as for livening up gatherings and parties. Powerpoint(TM) slides when saved as JPEGS can be projected as well. Use the S1100pj as a mini-projector!
Nikon's 5-way VR Image Stabilization System utilizes both Optical lens shift and Electronic VR image stabilization systems to help produce blur-free images. High ISO 6400*2 capability allows faster shutter speeds when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. Motion Detection automatically controls shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for subject movement and camera shake. And, Nikon's original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus.
*1 The camera selects and uses only the features required to optimize each image.
*2 ISO 3200 and 6400 are available only for image sizes of 3M (2048 x 1536) or smaller.
Face-priority AF helps produce more satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure for as many as 12 faces in the framed shot. Skin Softening function detects and analyzes a framed subject's skin, and then adjusts smoothness to produce enhanced results.
Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when the subject smiles, while its Blink Proof function shoots two sequential frames, then saves the one in which the subject's eyes are widest open. Blink Warning presents an alert when it suspects that someone in the shot has blinked. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects any perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.
Intelligent automated shooting modes that promote carefree shooting
Nikon's Easy Auto Mode makes it faster and easier to capture the moment by eliminating the need to manually select a scene mode to match the intended shot. This intelligent function determines the subject, analyzes the surrounding settings, and then automatically selects the appropriate scene mode for optimal results. Subject Tracking enhances the shooting experience by following the subject's movement to ensure clear focus and quick response when that special shutter opportunity presents itself.
Quick Retouch automatically adjusts the contrast and saturation of selected photos to create an enhanced copy with the right finishing touch.
Superior Image Quality
- 14.1-megapixel CCD sensor for stunning image quality.
- 5x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-Nikkor Glass Lens. Versatile 28-140mm lens ranges wide to capture landscapes, zooms in to get close to the action. In the Nikkor tradition of precision optics, the high-quality glass lens delivers superb color and razor-sharp results.
- 5-way VR Image Stabilization System
- Optical VR Image Stabilization by lens shift minimizes the effects of camera shake.
- Hybrid VR Image stabilization by lens shift and electronic VR.
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
- High ISO up to 6400 for optimum results when shooting in low light or photographing fast-moving subjects.
- Nikon's Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to ten shots while the shutter is pressed, then selects and saves the sharpest image.
- EXPEED C2 continues to expand the possibilities of photography with improved levels of image quality, fine detail and processing speed. Custom-optimized for each Coolpix model, Nikon's renowned digital image processing engine ensures outstanding images.
- Incredible Built-in projector. Share slide shows--with music, if you'd like--as well as HD movies by projecting them from the camera onto any flat surface. Or connect the camera to a computer and project whatever's on the computer's screen.
- 3-inch Touch Clear Color Display. High Resolution (460,000-dot) display for still images and HD movies that come alive with rich detail and improved contrast. The Touch Control Display makes it easy to write or draw on your pictures--even while they're being projected. Creative Control
- ISO can be set up to 6400.
- In-camera Picture Editing includes Quick Retouch, D-Lighting Draw, perspective control, Soft Focus, Selective Color, Cross Screen, Fisheye effect , Miniature effect and more.
- Adjust Scene effects (brightness and color) within scene modes.
- Built-in Slide Show with Music.
Record HD (720p) Movies, with one touch control button. Easy projection playback or watch recorded movies in-camera, on TV or computer.
- Smart Portrait System
- Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically most instances of red-eye as you shoot. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF Nikon's face-finding technology automatically focuses on up to 12 faces.
- Skin Softening smoothes skin tones at three different levels for optimal portraits; can be applied while shooting or during playback.
- Blink Proof automatically takes two sequential shots and saves the one with eyes open.
- Subject Tracking will track a moving subject to ensure sharp focus.
- Touch Shutter simply touch the LCD monitor to take a picture
- 17 Scene modes
- Easy Auto Mode automatically recognizes the scene you're shooting and selects the most appropriate scene mode; offers six scene modes plus auto.
- Macro shooting as close as 1.2 inches.
- 220 shots (approx.) with supplied EN-EL12 Li-ion rechargeable battery
- Brightness*1: Up to 14 lumens
- Image size: 5 to 47 in.
- Throw distance: Approx. 10 in. to 7 ft. 10 in. (26 cm to 2.4 m)
- Endurance (battery life)*2: Approx. 1 hour
- Resolution (output): VGA equivalent
*2 Based on continuous use of a fully-charged EN-EL12 battery at 77°F/25 °C.
What's in the Box
AN-CP17 Strap; UC-E6 USB Cable; EG-CP14 Audio/Video Cable; EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery; MH-65 Battery Charger; ML-L5 Remote Control; TP-1 Stylus pen; Coolpix Software Suite CD-ROM
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I first bought the newer camera because it has a brighter Projector up to 14 lumis compared to up to 10 lumis of light projection on the older camera.
I also liked the newer features such as Fisheye effect and 720p high difinition video recording.
When amazon dropped the the price on the older camera s1000pj ($129.00) I decided to buy it and compare it to the newer version s1100pj and here are the results.
The newer camera sucks at $309.00.
First of all I had trouble getting the touch screen to respond when looking at my photos. The projector brightness doesn't look better then the older camera.
The 3 inch view screen on the new camera remains on when projecting which is very annoying. The only way to shut off the viewer screen on the camera is when using the remote control.
The fisheye effect is not fisheye at all. It's Nikon's way of adding a strange effect (Non-Adjustable) on photos already taken and cannot be used when shooting 16 X 9 photos or with Video recording.
The older s1000pj is the only way to go.
There's no touch screen which is better in my opinion and the Viewer screen on the camera automatically shuts off when using the projector.
The brightness on the wall looks about the same as the newer camera's projector.
The focus adjustment is a knob on the newer camera and a slider control on the older camera. Both are easy to use.
Even the battery compartment on the older camera is more user friendly.
I was having trouble removing the battery on the new camera as it would not drop out without the need of shaking the camera.
Also, the description failed to mention that if you use the projector for a few minutes you must wait for the camera to cool for about 30 minutes before you can resume taking pictures so keep that in mind if you're at a party.
The result is buy the older s1000pj Nikon camera. You will save money and have a better camera.
So far, I have found the camera easy to use if you don't want to get too technical. I have not mastered all the on screen touch features. My major problem is that the on screen touch features are hard to get to work. The photo preview is difficult to get going with two fingers. It just isn't responsive enough perhaps because I am used to iPhone and iPad. The bigger screen for preview and cropping in the camera is an improvement for me. I will have to work harder on all the options available to set up sort images for projection.
I like the zoom feature and the focusing hints and clues. I do like the auto settings because with my old Coolpix I had to remember to manually set the close up or portrait setting and then I would forget to reset it. I had a few issues with downloading and the battery seems to run down quickly. There is no warning or at least I haven't seen one.
Love the purple color. Overall......an upgrade for me and I am sure I will soon be as comfortable with this camera as I was with my last one.
I couldn't get the camera to take a decent picture. I tried many settings on the camera as well as many different environments. Most of the pictures came out blurry, had horrible red-eye (that was unfixable with basic software), and under/over-exposed.
The lens on the camera does not move in and out on the camera, and I wonder if that is what is causing the focusing problem, or maybe I had a defective one (which could explain the cheap price from Amazon?). Nonetheless, I still didn't think it worth the $130 I paid for it. I have an old Canon Powershot that takes pictures far superior to this one.
I like that you can zoom in and out during video, but the zoom is not smooth and has a bit of a learning curve to learn the increments.
The projector is a cool feature, and works OK, but it has to be pretty dark to use it.
If you are on the fence about this one, choose another. I know it is not worth the $350 they are selling it for now.
On a perfectly smooth flat white surface the image is fuzzy, dark, colour and shape of the projected image is highly distorted, and forget the 'focus', there is no focusing the photos to be usable.
The camera makes a whirring sound I assume that is the mechanics of the projector as none of my numerous digital cameras made such a noise.
I purchased this camera about 3 months ago, have used it no more than 3 hrs. tops all of which was trying to get it to work as Nikon described it does with zero percent success. It has been nothing but intense frustration, headache and sure as heck did not live up to ANY expectation I had.
I am sending it back. I would not take another one of these cameras if it were offered, I would run away from it as fast as possible. I have ordered aprox. 40 items from Amazon but hands down, this is the only worthless piece of junk I have ever received. If I could give less than a zero, I would. Nothing more than a waste of a lot of money ! For me, a rotten experience all the way around!