- 12.0 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches
- 4x Wide-angle Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens has a versatile zoom range from wide 27mm to 108mm telephoto coverage that gets you close to your subject while capturing expansive landscapes
- Beautiful, Bright 3.0-inch High Resolution TOUCH PANEL HVGA (460,000-dot) Clear Color Display with anti-glare coating that enables easy touch control to all camera functions.
- Sensitive Response Touch Panel display enables effortless use of touch panel by ensuring sensitive response to even the lightest tapping and touch for smooth operation.
- Touch Shutter and Autofocus simply tap the LCD to have the camera focus and even shoot the picture.
- Retouch and Draw functions for quick, convenient in-camera enhancements and personalization to any image.
- HD Movie 720p HD movie recording at 24 fps for easy in camera playback or on your computer
- 4-way VR Image Stabilization System
- Electronic VR Image Stabilization minimizes the effect of camera shake
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO setting to compensate for cameras hake and subject movement
- High ISO up to 3200 capability helps give you sharper results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects.
- Nikons original Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and saves the sharpest image
- Slim, Stylish, Metal Design in a variety of stunning colors for pocketable convenience and individuality.
- Smart Portrait System includes:
- Smile Timer and Blink Proof makes sure youll always catch the decisive moment when your subject smiles and Blink Proof function shoots two pictures and automatically saves the one in which the subjects eyes remain open.
- Blink Warning, when activated alerts you that the subject may have blinked and allows you to retake the photo.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes, while s
From the Manufacturer
Nikon's Coolpix S4000 creates touching memories by combining 12.0 effective megapixels, 4x wide-angle Zoom-Nikkor glass lens and an amazing 3.0-inch High Resolution HVGA (460k-dot) touch-panel LCD with sensitive touch. The Coolpix S4000 also features HD (720p) movies for high quality movie recording. The Coolpix S4000, with Nikon's EXPEED image processing concept, 4-way VR Image Stabilization System and Smart Portrait System enables you to get incredible pictures, incredibly easy. Nikon's Scene Auto Selector automatically analyses the scene you are taking and adjusts the scene mode for you. All you have to do is compose, then touch!
Stylish design and intuitive touch-control operation over an exciting set of advanced functions for shooting and viewing
With a spacious 3-inch 460k-dot LCD featuring Nikon's Clear Color Display and intuitive fingertip shooting control, the Coolpix S4000 brings a new dimension of fun and visual beauty to photography.
Touch control also lends a new dimension of fun to viewing and retouching images. The speed and ease of fingertip scrolling through images and instant image selection makes other forms of control pale in comparison. Then there is the supplied stylus that can be used with a variety of input, retouch and image enhancement functions. Included is the Paint Function, which enables memos, drawings, colorful borders or stamps to be added directly to images.
Another important feature of the Coolpix S4000 is its high performance imaging capabilities. 12.0 effective megapixels of sharp resolution is matched to the compositional freedom of a precision 4x zoom, Nikkor lens that ably covers focal lengths from 27-108mm (35mm format equivalent). Advanced digital image-processing faithfully reproduces fine details and subtle tones, delivers quick response, and maintains image quality and clarity when taking advantage of extended light sensitivity settings as high as ISO 3200.
Nikon Coolpix S4000 Feature Highlights
EXPEED digital imaging technology
Nikon's smarter approach to digital imaging technology. From image capture to processing, Nikon's comprehensive EXPEED digital imaging concept encompasses the entire picture-taking operation. EXPEED is much more than a processing engine; it is a revolution in digital photography.
3-inch, 460k-dot TFT LCD featuring Nikon's Clear Color Display with touch screen control
High-Definition movie recording
*Recording stops automatically after 29 minutes. This figure is based on in-house testing standards and stated for recording at 25°C with a fully charged EN-EL12 battery. Actual results may vary greatly depending on factors that include differences in ambient temperature, and the amount of zoom and autofocus operations used.
Four advanced image stabilizing features* help ensure sharper results
* The camera selects and uses only the features required to optimize each image.
Intelligent automation contributes to carefree shooting
Nikon's Scene Auto Selector eliminates the need to manually select a scene mode to match the shot, and this makes it faster and easier to capture the moment in beautiful fashion. The Coolpix S4000 uses this intelligent function to analyze the subject and its surrounding settings and automatically selects the most appropriate of the following six scene modes to achieve optimal results--Portrait, Landscape, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Close-up, or Backlight.
Nikon's exclusive Smart Portrait System
Nikon Coolpix S4000 Other Features
- 16 scene modes for optimized shooting in various settings
- Scene Auto Selector
- Auto Sort function
- Quick Retouch
- Approx. 45 MB of internal memory
- USB charging via Charging AC Adapter EH-68P/EH-68P (AR) or PC
- EN-EL10 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- EH-68P AC Adapter/Charger
- UC-E6 USB Cable
- EG-CP14 Audio Video Cable
- AN-CP19 Strap
- Stylus TP-1
- Coolpix Software Suite CD-ROM