BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by st vincent Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on August 5, 2016
I have owned about 5-6 of these and will buy them again Dropping and other damage is not their fault! Great camera, great price (if you pay attention) and the image quality is fantastic! (take the time to set it up ---- and if you're not happy -- change the settings. ) I take 2-3,000 pics a year for my work (cya) and this camera has not failed! Ill buy another when I drop the next one.
on August 27, 2012
Bought this camera from amazon in late April; the battery died while on vacation at the beginning of August and will NOT re-charge. I should've listened to all the reviews here that warned about this problem. The camera was a great deal-fabulous price for the options-so I didn't listen. Because of that, I was left with a dead camera for the last month of summer vacation. I feel sick at having spent the money and now have nothing.

Update and downgrade to my rating: I followed the online directions for returning the dead camera with battery, to the letter. Filled out online form, wrapped up the camera SEPARATELY from the tiny battery (how dumb is it that they tell you to take the tiny battery OUT of the camera for shipment?) and paid to send it to them. They sent a friendly status update that my camera was still under warranty so no cost to "fix" it but......then sent back my camera with an invoice stating that my camera was fine. They said there was no battery included, which was WRONG. They must've thrown it away when they unpacked it because it sure as heck WAS included. So now I'm out an additional $10 and I still have a dead camera that only worked for four months. *B* *S*

Ongoing drama....so I called customer service to complain that, even though I sent paperwork stating that I was including the camera and battery, and included the camera and battery...they returned the camera stating they did not receive a battery. Customer service said they'd talk to service dept and get back to me. <crickets> <crickets> Seven days later and no word, so I called back. The new CS girl said that the service dept never emailed the first CS back, which is why the first CS didn't get back in touch with me. New CS girl said she'd re-email service dept and see if they'll respond this time. Er.....is this the best they can do? Really? What a set-up: talk to CS, service dept simply ignores CS, no resolution EVER. CS said that's all she can do because they can't call service dept, only email. Consumer is screwed.
on March 22, 2012
I absolutely love this camera. I had reservations about it after I read the reviews on it. Especially with the battery issues. After I got the camera I found that when charging the battery it should be plugged into the wall outlet last. Then when disconnecting the camera from the battery charger it should be unplugged from the wall first. Otherwise it will cause issues with the battery. It clearly states this in the instruction manual. It is very easy to use and is compact which is nice because as a mother of two small children ease of use is very important. The flash does take a few seconds to recharge and when the battery is getting low the pictures start to get blurry. I have purchased two extra battery packs just to have on hand. They are very inexpensive on ebay and amazon. Another issue I read about was the touch screen. The camera comes with a stylus that can be attached to the strap and I haven't had any problems with it. There are many different settings on the camera that I am still getting used to and trying out. Very nice camera. Would recommend.
on February 23, 2017
Easy to use without having to think about the setting.
on February 15, 2013
I bought this as a gift last Christmas, didn't even last a year. The lens won't open, the battery wouldn't charge.
How sad. I have an Olympus C-3000 that's probably 12 to 15 years old.... still working
I have a Canon 20-D that's 7 years old......still working
I have a Nikon FE2 that's nearly 25 years old......still working
Shame on you Nikon for selling us this faulted product, I'm not the only one, I've seen tons of other reviews

Amazon, please drop this product for the sake of the unsuspecting public

DO NOT PURCHASE !!!!!
on February 28, 2012
The camera I received charges just fine, that was my only concern for this camera. I went to local stores Radio Shack, Target and Office Max to look for cameras, they all had the S4100 on display, but were sold out after their sales at $99. I figured I would wait to get it shipped and pay no sales tax on Amazon it was also $10 less before tax on Amazon, so I ended up paying $18.91 less when ordering online, so thanks Amazon for saving me 17.5%. It takes great pictures with little lag time between photos and has a pretty good video camera as well. It's the best camera I have ever owned, (not saying much I usually opt for the cheapest one since I have a tendency to lose or break them) better than what I need, but much cheaper than many inferior cameras at $89.
on February 19, 2012
I received the camera and used it one time and the battery died pretty quick when I went to charge it, it would not charge at all. I am very disappointed because it was bought to take on a family vacation but instead I ended up sending it back the day that we left.
on July 26, 2011
Have a Nikon DSLR that takes amazing photos with a complete dummy (me) operating it. Therefore, when I decided to upgrade my point and shoot, I had a strong preference for Nikon even though I've had a good experience with Sony products.

Long story short, after less then a week, the LCD display broke...which, unfortunately, seems to be a relatively common complaint on Nikon point and shoots based on reviews.

During the time that I used it, I would say that - as expected - some of the photos were amazing. However, even when not needing the flash it took a long time for the shutter to activate, and I found it slow between shots...so I felt like I was "losing" some good shots of my son. To me, the whole point of these cameras is to be easy and idiot proof. Not sure I can say that about this one.
on June 14, 2013
I read a couple reviews on this camera was a little hesitant at first people posted that battery wont stay charge and other problems. So not true! I have had this camera for a week now and its is amazing! Beautiful pictures and more. I still only charge the battery once still going strong I take pictures everyday. Fast delivery and brand new with all manuals and cords VERY HAPPY!
on April 16, 2012
So far I have been really impressed with this little camera. It is easy to use with the large touchscreen. To my eye, seems to take nice clear pictures. Good zoom range. I'm not a pro, and for a duffer like me, it's perfect for my snapshots. For the price, I don't think you can beat it for a compact point and shoot camera.