- Built-in Flash
Nikon Coolpix S630 12MP Digital Camera with 7x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 2.7 inch LCD (Midnight Blue)
- 12.0-megapixel resolution for photo-quality prints up to 16 x 20 inches
- 7x optical Zoom-Nikkor (37-260mm) glass lens; 4-way VR image stabilization
- 2.7-inch high-resolution LCD screen; Scene Auto Selector
- Nikon's Smart Portrait System; Red-eye Fix, Face Priority AE and more
- Capture images to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Nikon’s pocket-sized Coolpix S630 combines 12.0 effective megapixels with an amazing 7x optical Zoom-Nikkor glass lens for stunning prints as large as 16x20 inches. The sleek, new smart grip design makes it easy to carry, and the incredible, bright 2.7-inch LCD makes it easy to compose and share pictures. The Coolpix S630, with Nikon’s EXPEED image processor and new 4 Way VR Image Stabilization, makes incredible pictures incredibly easy. The Coolpix S630 also features Nikon’s New Smart Portrait System, which automatically detects your subjects face, takes a picture when they smile and warns you if they blinked.
Coolpix S630 Highlights
12.0-megapixel resolution for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches
7x optical Zoom-Nikkor (37-260mm) glass lens provides exceptional pictures and gets you close to the action
New EXPEED image processor ensures high-quality pictures with stunning color and sharpness
4-Way VR Image stabilization
- Nikon’s Optical VR image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake by moving the image sensor
- Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for cameras hake and subject movement
- High ISO up to 3200 capability helps give you sharper results when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. ISO 3200 is available at 3MP or lower resolution
- Nikon’s original Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to 10 shots while the shutter is pressed and saves the sharpest image
Scene Auto Selector automatically recognizes the scene in your picture and adjusts camera setting
New Sports Continuous Scene Mode for shooting at up to 10fps when you set the resolution to 3MP or lower
Nikon’s Smart Portrait System:
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again
- Enhanced Face-Priority AF - Nikon’s face-finding technology that automatically focuses on up to 12 faces
- Smile Mode automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles
- NEW Blink Proof enables the camera to take two pictures when the subject smiles and saves the shot in which the subject’s eyes are open
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
The menu structure is different from the Olympus menu system I had become used to, but a short session with the Nikon owner's manual quickly showed me how to access all the functions. Perhaps it is because I had used another band of digital camera for the last few years, I did not originally find the Nikon menu quite as intuitive. I had no trouble changing over however, after less than an hour or so.
The Coolpix is clearly designed as a point and shoot digital camera. Personally, I favor more of a wide angle style than what this camera delivers, but the zoom range is quite nice and very useable. Automatic modes are the default for everything. In my initial testing, I found very few photos that were not acceptable using the fully auto everything. Excellent optics and a vibration compensation system yielded very crisp hand held images. Good marks for this area.
While there is no full manual operation for the S630, there are shooting modes galore that will provide settings to isolate the subject from the background using larger apertures (portrait modes) or favor smaller apertures for greater depth of field when photographing scenic views. There is even an extreme close up mode, similar to the macro mode of many 35mm cameras. Other overrides will allow you to modify the flash effects (fill in, red eye reduction, off and others), fire bursts of shots (depending on exposure up to several per second), set automatic intervals (pre-determined) or even some in camera creative effects.Read more ›
My cousin was a professional photographer and he is impressed with how well this camera performs. Closeups of flowers are great. Pictures displayed on a 42" TV have great resolution and color accuracy. Photos of poorly lit rooms have bright colors. Video and audio quality also are impressive.
Reading reviews critical of this camera made me a little nervous about deciding to buy this camera but I am glad that I figured out they are overly critical except for the zoom speed. The zoom motor is too fast and you often overshoot where you want it to stop. All too often it will not stop where you want it to and you have to step forward or backward to frame the shot. No camera will always produce a perfect shot on the automatic setting. Photography is a learned skill. The large screen lets you see if the shot did not come out right. You learn and try one of the other settings available. Battery life was roughly 125? pics. Time between pics is a little slow, but OK.
PROS: Quality pictures, video and audio; 7x optical zoom in a small body; logical hassle-free operation; reasonable price; low light pics are outstanding; has many other nice features.
CONS: 1) Zoom speed as described above.Read more ›
The zoom is great at 7X optical, and 12 megapixel gives me all the resolution any normal user will ever need. Easy to use features, including an "auto" that does all the work for you. I can even make movies.
I studied long and hard before I bought and my research paid off handsomely. I strongly recommend this product. My only suggestion is to spend the $40 for a 150X memory card for ultra-fast operation between shots.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was so pleased to find this S630. I have one that I bought years and years ago, which now has tape holding the battery compartment closed, but for a small point and shoot, I... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Bonnie StPierre
This is a great camera it has suited my needs as a beginner photographer for a while now. Has great modes on it, including my favorite macro mode, here is a picture I took with it.Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
super feature rich camera. Specially Excellent Zoom but when taken picture with low light its not good.Published 15 months ago by Dhruv Shah