Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.58 shipping
+ $5.70 shipping
Nikwax Hardshell Cleaning and Waterproofing Duo-Pack
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Tech Wash and TX. Direct packaged together to clean and waterproof your technical outerwear
- Soap based cleaner and wash-in waterproofing for synthetic waterproof clothing, insulated garments, and sleeping bags
- Restores water repellency and maintains breathability
- Recommended for technical clothing, synthetic sleeping bags, rain and ski jackets, GORE-TEX, Patagonia, North Face, Columbia, and Arc'teryx
- Water based, biodegradable, and contains no PFCs, VOCs, optical brighteners, or added scent
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
- THE ONLY OUTDOOR COMPANY: to manufacture an entire range of water-based waterproofing products and has never used aerosols
- THE FIRST AND ONLY COMPANY to carbon balance its operation for 40 years
Who We Are
Fed up with the leather waterproofing products on the market, a young Nick Brown invented his own. Using a tea kettle and a Primus stove, he mixed his first batch in a dodgy London flat. Nick started selling his “Nick’s Wax”into outdoor retail shops. As the first ever non-softening wax for leather, Nick’s invention soon gained a massive following. Nikwax is now the global leader in safe, high performance cleaning and waterproofing products for outdoor clothing, footwear, and equipment.
- THE FIRST OUTDOOR COMPANY: to produce non-softening waterproofing wax for leather boots.
- THE FIRST OUTDOOR COMPANY: to develop water-based waterproofing for clothing that could be used in a home washer.
- THE FIRST OUTDOOR COMPANY: to have a completely PFC-Free range of products
Product detailsStyle:10 Fl. Oz. Bottles
- Item model number : 559410
- Date First Available : October 15, 2019
- Manufacturer : Nikwax
- ASIN : B08JVH75N6
- Best Sellers Rank: #5,294 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: I contacted NikWax customer service and they responded to me very promptly informing me that it is inherent in the laminate construction of these jackets to fail like this over time (3 years of occasional use?). They state that the cleaning merely precipitated the failure of an already deteriorated material that was just held together by perspiration and grime. They offered to replace the NikWax product. Meanwhile, Gill, the jacket manufacturer, also responded immediately to my complaint and asked for the jacket to be sent to them for evaluation. Stay tuned.***update*** After inspecting the jacket, Gill offered to replace jacket at no charge. No questions except what color since original is no longer made. Hat off to Gill for outstanding support.
I have a top loading washer and the instructions say if I'm washing 2-3 pieces of clothing, I should put about 3oz in of the Tech Wash. Simple enough.
HOWEVER, when using the TX Direct, I need to use all 10oz since I'm using a top loading washer. This leaves me with a bottle of detergent and I'll have to source the TX Direct.
Top reviews from other countries
Like a lot of outdoor clothes wear the North Face jackets aren't cheap so having lost their waterproofing so quickly is a little disheartening and I didn't really want to have buy new ones already. After a quick search around I discovered Nikwax products which claim to not only safely clean the jackets but also add water repellancy back to them. I thought that for £10 for a twin pack of Tech Wash and TX.Direct I really didn't have anything to lose and thought it was worth a shot.
I found both products very easy to use and had no problems with either of them. It clearly states to clean out the soap drawer on your washing machine before using. This makes sense as washing detergent is likely to react with the Nikwax products and prevent them working to their full potential. Obviously this isn't relevant if you decide to hand wash them. We don't actually use the soap drawer on our washing machine for normal washing and instead put our washing detergent in the moulded cup that comes with our washing detergent so felt confident we could use the drawer with no issues.
After washing the jackets we hung them outside on a fairly windy day and they were dry in no time. After drying I tested the water repellency by splashing some water on them and it beaded up and rolled off, so seems to have done the trick! It wasn't long before I had the opportunity to test it out for real on a rainy day and the jacket behaves like new again.
One thing I did notice after washing the jackets was an odd smell. It turns out this is the TX.Direct which smells very similar to PVA glue. Thankfully this smell dissipated after a couple of days but you might want to air the jackets outside for a bit longer if the smell bothers you.
If you are in a hard water area you will need to use 50% more of the Tech Wash product so you may find this will run out quicker than the TX.Direct bottle.
Overall I'm really impressed with these Nikwax products which have breathed new life into our jackets.
- TECH WASH 300ml : produit de nettoyage des tissus techniques pour les rénover et leur rendre l'efficacité de départ.
- TX DIRECT 300ml : produit d'application pour ajouter une pellicule déperlante (ou améliorer l'imperméabilité existante).
Techniquement le kit est fait pour 3-4 vêtements si on suit les doses, en réduisant un peu les doses on peut monter facilement à 6-7.
L'utilisation est assez simple et se fait dans l'ordre Tech Wash puis Tx Direct si vous souhaitez combiner les 2.
- TechWash : cycle adapté aux vêtements avec 100 à 150ml de TechWash à la place de la lessive (plus l'eau est calcaire plus il faut en mettre)
- TxDirect : cycle adapté, 30° et surtout essorage lent avec 100ml par vêtement, plus le produit imbibe mieux c'est.
Le passage entre les 2 produits ne nécessite pas que les vêtements soient secs, le TxDirect peut être appliqué sur le mouillé.
Après le TxDirect, laissez bien sécher les vêtements (pas de sèche linge !!), l'utilisation est recommandée 2-3 jours après l'application.
- Même si les doses sont recommandées par vêtement, j'obtiens de bons résultats avec la même dose pour une machine avec les 2 produits.
- TxDirect ne rend pas un vêtement imperméable, il dépose une pellicule déperlante que l'on peut sentir au toucher (agréable).
- TechWash donne également de bons résultats pour le nettoyage "simple" mais ce n'est pas un super détachant.
- Testés avec d'autres tissus techniques type Thermasoft, Novadry... cousins du Gore-Tex, ça fonctionne également.
- Les cycles de lavage long donnent de biens meilleurs résultats que les cycles courts, faites durer vos lavages pour une bonne application.
Produits efficaces mais malheureusement pas très bon marché, le prix est relativement élevé par rapport au nombre de lavage possibles.
Achat tout de même recommandé !
Si vous avez trouvé cet avis utile, faites le moi savoir en cliquant sur "Utile" !
I looked through all the products on Amazon and took a gamble on Nikwax. The spray-on was exactly what I was after and as I was about to order I noticed the ‘customers who bought this..etc’ twin pack.
When the twin pack arrived I realised that it didn’t include the spray-on but two ‘add to wash’ products.
Before doing the wash I ran tap water over one of the sleeves and could see how porous the material had become. I did the same test post-wash and I’m very impressed and able to see that the coat is now totally water resistant! In fact it actually ‘feels’ protected!
I’m not sure how long this will remain waterproof but, hey, all I need to do is repeat the process. Seems an excellent product
I also used it on an expensive brand-name raincoat which claimed to be waterproof and had taped seams etc. but which was definitely not waterproof - I used to get damp patches on my clothes on whichever side the rain had been hitting me. After using Nikwax the coat became waterproof and I didn't get damp patches anymore.
It's too rare that products live up to their claims, but Nikwax does. Highly recommended.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 14, 2019