Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Niles Audio FG01586 Remote Control Anywhere Kit for Home Theater Application
|Price:||$319.90 & FREE Shipping|
- High Fidelity Wideband Amplifier Accurately Passes High Data Rate IR Code Formats, Including Philips RCMM Codes
- Universal Noise Suppression Effectively Eliminates The IR Interference From Plasmas, LCDs And CFL Lighting
- UL-listed Regulated In-line Power Supply With Universal Voltage
- One MS220 Surface-Mount IR MicroSensor In Black
- One MSU250 IR Main System Unit
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
In addition, a patent-pending Universal Noise Suppression design effectively eliminates IR interference from plasmas, LCDs, and CFL lighting while maintaining signal integrity. This two-stage technology combines an optical noise filter with a smart" electronic circuit to provide consistent, reliable control.
Best of all, these advanced technologies are found in the Remote Control Anywhere! Kit with Tabletop Sensor. It is the single solution for fast, predictable installation in any environment. Five MF1VF MicroFlashers With Visible Feedback 50' Of CAT-5 Cable
Top Customer Reviews
Setup is as simple as taking it out of the box, plugging in AC and the IR senders, and connecting four wires to the correctly labeled spots on an adapter plug. After that it just works. No learning, no complicated software, no special modes... it just works.
The only item I think could be useful is a way to disable the blue blinking LED on the receiver. It blinks each time IR is picked up. Depending on your client, some may be adverse to this since it needs to be located very close to a TV, and may distract or annoy you. Its very useful to know if it is working though, since it blinks when it "sees" IR, so you know if the thing is picking it up or not. When in standby or not passing along IR is has no LED's on or anything, so it blends into the background. My installation paired this up with a Samsung UN55D8000 HDTV, which if you are familiar with this model, has a small tab on the bottom with the Samsung name printed on it. The receiver stuck perfectly in this spot and if you weren't looking for it you would never notice it.
I was pointed toward the Niles Audio products on the AT&T forums, and even though the remote anywhere kit was a bit pricey, it was well worth it. Installation was actually fairly easy (I already had all my other wires running through the wall behind the TV that I ran the cat-5 for the IR Receiver through), and although it did add a few more wires to my overall setup, every component, from my a/v receiver, Blu-Ray player, AppleTV work flawlessly and quickly. Much better than before with the basic IR extender I was using.
I couldn't be happier, and would recommend this to anyone needing a similar solution.
Niles RCA-HT2 (currently controlling my home theater)
1. It works.
2. Easy to set up.
3. Simple. I connected: an AVR, DVD, Cable Box, Apple TV. The cable box didn't respond. In Niles 'tips from the pros' "some IR sensor windows are susceptible to being over-driven, simply relocate the (IR) flasher to the side of the sensor window." I moved the flasher to the edge of the cable box IR sensor window and it works great. Alternatively, IR blocker filter tabs are included and can be used.
1. No single controlled; rather each device's remote is used.
2. No tech support but great online documentation. But Niles admits it has no tech support. See Logitech later.
1. Integrated single remote controller.
2. Worked well for five years and then froze.
1. Must be programmed by technicians using proprietary software.
2. Small window at top of controller.
3. Controller froze and would not reset. The local company that programmed it went out of business.
Logitech Harmony 1100
1. The RF Wireless Extender worked well.
1. Logitech does not stand behind its product.
2. No technical support.
3. Poor construction. I performed an autopsy on the 1100 and the USB port had a latent manufacturing defect.
4. The Harmony 1100 NEVER WORKED!
BUYER BEWARE! Avoid the Harmony!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
As with Niles equipment it is what was expected and works flawlessly.Published 4 months ago by Rick M
I think I have tried about 6 other ir repeater systems. Finally one that really works properly. Costs more but works so well. Works UVERSE STB perfectly!Published 6 months ago by lonestarmike
I can't say enough good things about this product! Set up was a breeze and it works flawlessly. Great compliment to my harmony one remote. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Chad Bramblett
Would give more than 5 stars if I could. Easy to install. No need to mess with Logitec or something with dedicated software. Read morePublished 13 months ago by Jon
Did exactly what I wanted it to do and what it promised to do. First unit I received arrived DOA out of the box. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Tayzar
The Best Remote Extender, I've tried many and this one is the BEST. Do not buy the 3 Model. get this one because it has two outputs which are variable and you may need those for... Read morePublished 18 months ago by S. Cameli