Nima Gluten Sensor (Capsules not Included)
|Price:||($229.00 / Count) & FREE Shipping|
- *SENSOR REQUIRES GLUTEN TEST CAPSULES TO FUNCTION, CAPSULES SOLD SEPARATELY**. Buy gluten test capsules by Nima Sensor
- ACCURATE AND VALIDATED SCIENCE. Most accurately detects gluten at 20ppm and above for most foods. Third party tested, results published in peer reviewed journals - see here. Can detect gluten proteins at the part per million level, which is not visible to the eye.
- PEACE OF MIND AT MEALTIME. Test your food for gluten in under 5 minutes. Let Nima take the first bite of your meal eating outside of the home or for packaged foods. Supplement everything you do to stay safe and healthy when eating with one more powerful data point with Nima.
- EASY TO USE AND PORTABLE. Test your food for gluten at restaurants, when traveling, or at home in 3 quick steps. Put a pea sized amount of food in one-time disposable gluten test capsule, screw test capsule shut, place capsule in sensor. Dispose of capsule when done. Device fits in the palm of your hand and is rechargeable. Each charge lasts ~30 tests.
- SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE TESTING. Nima iOS/Android App lets you discover Nima-tested restaurants and packaged foods and help others by contributing your test results to the Nima app.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
BUY OUR TEST CAPSULES SEPARATELY and test your food for gluten — anytime, anywhere. Nima empowers you to dine out more often, say yes to catered events, double-check a packaged food, and travel far and wide. Using the Nima portable gluten sensor is fast and simple. Put a bit of food into a test capsule, put the capsule in the sensor, and push start. Fast-acting chemistry engineered and proven by MIT scientists identifies any gluten in your food. The sensor displays your result in 2-3 minutes. Enjoy your meal, knowing if your food is really gluten-free! With the free Nima app, share your test result to help others in the gluten-free community and discover Nima-tested packaged foods and restaurants nearby.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
One time use test capsules sold separately. Tests most foods. Does not test for soy sauce, or other fermented/hydrolyzed foods. More details: https://help.nimasensor.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009840348-What-kinds-of-foods-or-beverages-cannot-be-tested-with-Nima-
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Being something of a scientist myself, I wondered just how inaccurate the sensor was. So, I bought a bag of gluten-free corn meal, a box of plastic spoons, a bottle of water, a box of disposable plastic gloves, and a container of Red Solo cups. I scrubbed everything in my kitchen as well as humanly possible and then began my experiment. Donning my plastic gloves, I used a fresh plastic spoon to put a few scoops of the cornmeal into a red solo cup. I then poured water into the cup until the corn meal was a thick paste. I used a different plastic spoon to load the paste into the Nima sensor. A short while later, the sensor indicated the presence of gluten.
At this point, I decided the sensor was useless and sent it back to Amazon for a refund.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.