Industrial Deals Prime Book Box Men's Summer Sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outcastS4 outcastS4 outcastS4  Echo All-new Show Mode Charging Dock Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

The Nina Foch Course for Filmmakers and Actors

on April 20, 2018
"Wonderful'
on April 20, 2018
Nina was my mentor, teacher, and dearest friend since 1978. Her brilliance as a teacher was unparalleled. This DVD set captures her fierce, insightful passion for acting, writing, and directing, and gives us the gift of her vision and her voice. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Randal Kleiser brings us the "essential Nina" in this powerful composition of her most profound teaching moments.
on March 15, 2017
Thank you, Randal, for preserving Nina's teaching for future generations. I'm a current USC SCA grad student; we should endeavor to do the same with some of our current teachers.
on February 24, 2017
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kleiser on a film set. It was there, he informed me about The Nina Foch Course. I can say as an actor/writer, that it was very beneficial. I've bounced around numerous LA acting classes over the years, with some being good, some not so good. I got more from this course then some six week, high priced acting classes. Writing, directing and acting, although different, have lots of similarities and I feel one can benefit from brushing up on all three. This course helps you do that.
on June 28, 2016
Learnt a lot. Just straight up instruction. A no nonsense guide to acting naturally.
on April 7, 2016
What a great DVD! Nina Foch's eloquence and frank nature was very insightful. It helped me as an actor understand what is going through a director's mind. I very much liked her descriptions of sequential linkage and filling a scene. Everything is very well broken down by Randal Kleiser into easily digestible bits, and is easy to take notes from and to revisit for any quick refreshers. Thank you Randal for putting this together!
on January 29, 2016
Excellent course for intermediate and advanced students. Also great for budding writers, directors and producers.
on January 19, 2016
I've read several books on acting and taken some classes, and I understood the basic concepts from the creation standpoint, but I didn't have the first clue what to do if what was created wasn't what I wanted. Nina Foch hammers home simple, effective techniques to hone an interesting and honest performance in any genre. She barely even mentions art and creativity, stressing everyday, everyman logic instead. This also isn't just a list of how the craft works and what to do - most of the course is putting the tools to use, so you actually see them work over and over and over and even the ones you didn't get at first finally sink in. She teaches how to break down a script, how to give direction an actor can take, which negative characteristics of an actor can be directed out of them and which can't, and something I've always wanted to understand, but couldn't even verbalize - why it can feel like there are dead pockets of space in a scene and how to fill them. She also makes it clear just how much work working actors and directors are doing and won't allow slacking. This course will help directors understand what actors do, and vice versa, and I would almost guarantee it would improve the work of each. It doesn't hurt that Nina Foch is a no-nonsense spark plug who shocks you with nearly every other sentence out of her mouth (you'll be a little relieved you are watching from the safety of your own home instead of actually being in her class), and the DVD set is broken down into bite-sized lesson segments, so this is far from boring. I'm positive I'll revisit this course before anything I film.
on January 1, 2016
This is one of the greatest resources for actors and directors (and writers and cinematographers and editors, etc.) that I have ever come across. Clear, concise, and brilliant on every level, this DVD is filled with easily applicable lessons for filmmakers at all levels of experience. No actor or director should be without it.
on April 28, 2015
Loved it. Useful stuff. No nonsense, great instruction course for beginners and those who need refresher. Rent, buy, borrow the DVD set. Just take the course. You won't regret it...IMHO!
2 people found this helpful