- File Size: 1877 KB
- Print Length: 191 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Vixen ink (April 14, 2015)
- Publication Date: April 14, 2015
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00W5UYQY4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#183,835 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #46 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Fiction
- #169 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- #361 in Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $10.00 (77%)
Nine Day Novel-Outlining: Outlining Your Novel: Plotting Your Way to Success (Writing Fiction Novels Book 0) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 191 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Nine Day Novel-Outlining: Outlining Your Novel: Plotting Your Way to Success (Writing Fiction Novels Book 0)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The section I found most interesting was creating a "beat sheet". Beats can be confusing--partly because different people define them in different ways. For most, beats are a detailed story outline where you can quickly "tell" what happens in the story, and when you actually write the novel you turn these "tells" into "shows". Windsor's approach is to layout scenes--individual and unique locations--and then create beats within each scene.
His generous use of his own novel outlines as examples means you get to look over the shoulder as he's creating his work. Few authors I know have ever shared their outlining process. This book is PERFECT for new novelists, and the bonus downloads will save any writer hours and hours of time.
I've tried outlining before and I just couldn't get it. I've read other books and they all have the same advise in the end; write. My problem is I'm a very disorganized person in life and in fiction. However, I'm a fiend for checklists in business. Ultimately, you've given a checklist to follow and you've explained story structure, in the telling of story, in a way that I've not found it anywhere else.
I've started a new outline, this weekend, with a new original concept and I feel like it's headed somewhere, unlike most of my stories which end up meandering to and fro never to end.
I want to say thanks for being there and treading a path ahead of me. See you on at the end of my novel.
The author teaches my example and that's how I learn best. He uses examples from his own work and injects the perfect amount of instruction, example, humor and ideas. I love the author's voice. After following his instructions on outlining a novel, you will have something far closer to a first draft than just an outline. The authors doesn't go on and on and fill a 499 page book with material better suited for a 50 page book like so many of the other instructional books I've read. He gives you just what you need and nothing more. No boring filler.
I recommend this book for all writers and you can use his technique to outline a novel prior to writing it and you can also use it after you've written your draft to aid in your revisions. It shortens your revision process.
What I really liked was...the generality of some of the beats. I think my problem was...I was getting too bogged down in the specifics. So, I'm going to study your example until it's stuck in my head....and then start back on my own stories and see if I can come up with general beats to finish them.
Thank you so much for getting the outlining book done!!!
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Books > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing > Writing Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Publishing & Books > Authorship
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing Skills